Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone who would rather keep Harrington instead of Artest

Default Is there anyone who would rather keep Harrington instead of Artest

Speak now.

I would like to hear your reasoning. Couple of questions that I would like you to address.

Is there any evidence that AL at small forward and J.O at power forward is a successful pairing.

Can AL guard players like Lebron James, Paul Pierce, Rip Hamilton, Mello, Richard Jefferson.

Harrington's best position is clearly power forwad and yet I don't think a lineup of J.O , AL and Ron was very effective this past season nor will it ever be. That lineup clogs the middle too much, it is too small, and perhapos most of all it does not fit Rick's offensive system which is based on proper floor spacing.

I will hate to see Al go, but he is without question the most logical to be traded because of the comination of trade value,the fact that the pacers have others who can do what AL can do, and other factors.

sweabs

Default Re: Is there anyone who would rather keep Harrington instead of Artest

Artest is the one to keep for sure.
    Artest has the best defense.
    Artest has the better shot.
    Artest has the mental intensity every night.
    Artest creates more matchup problems.
    Artest is more consistent.

ARTEST IS THE MAN!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only advantage i see of letting Artest go would be that we would be able to get more in return. I think some of us overvalue Al sometimes. I really think some of the trades on here giving us more than one starter or a great player for Al and filler are kind of farfetched. I don't think that'll happen. But i'd still rather keep Ronnie.

Mood

Oh sweet i went over four hundred and i didn't even know it!

Unless the right player if offered, you definitely want to see Al gone before you see Ron gone.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Yup!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Yup!
    Yup to what I wrote? Or yup to what UB asked?

I'm trying to imagine the player I would trade Ron Artest for. I can't.

I mean, I can, but they're all untouchable. DPOY with 18ppg? Garnett would be an improvement. Ummm... [size=9:b1aa349335]Kobe[/size]. Tim Duncan. Probably not Peja.

Who's out there that we could legitamately trade Ron for? I'm not seeing it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I mean, I can, but they're all untouchable. DPOY with 18ppg? Garnett would be an improvement. Ummm... [size=9:9318494515]Kobe[/size]. Tim Duncan. Probably not Peja.

Trade him to the Warriors for their next 10 future first round picks. :P

I mean, I can, but they're all untouchable. DPOY with 18ppg? Garnett would be an improvement. Ummm... [size=9:17505ca507]Kobe[/size]. Tim Duncan. Probably not Peja.

Trade him to the Warriors for their next 10 future first round picks. :P
    If the Warriors added Ron for free, their next 10 picks might not be very good.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Only 'cause we can get a better player in return.

Ron+Fred for TMac? It's more likely that Al+Fred.

Foster/JO/Al/TMac/Tinsley

Of course that doesn't solve Al's issue. He still would be the third option, much like he is now. I guess it's important to him to be the first or second option.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

More likely? That's a steal for Orlando!

I haven't heard anyone suggest that Al and Fred would be enough to get TMac... most agree that the bidding would have to start with Al+Bender.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

The trouble I have with even saying that Ron is better trade value is that losing him cuts into the heart of the team right now. Unless you are going to completely break up a team and go a different direction (which would be more than foolish, it would be criminal at this stage), you can't get rid of your foundation players. Right now, JO and Ron are our foundation - offense and defense - with MelMel right in there as one of the keys (but only because a better PG would be difficult if not impossible to find on the market).
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

BillS makes a very good point.

I could see Ron being available for a McGrady or Pierce (i.e. someone would redefine the team) but not in just any deal.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

"Yup!" to:

Unless the right player if offered, you definitely want to see Al gone before you see Ron gone.
    Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Gotta keep Ronnie. The biggest complaints about him [ballhogging, gets too caught up in his own game] are just as prevalent, if not more so, in Al. And Al's not the DPOY or the 2nd option on offense.

I love Al, as I'm sure we all do, but we need Ron.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Is there anyone who would rather keep Harrington instead of Artest?
    It doesn't really matter to me which one is traded. I feel more comfortable that Al won't self destruct, but Artest is making strides in getting himself under control.

I think Bird will trade the one that improves the Pacers the most. For instance, if we could get Pierce and Blount for Artest and filler, I could see Artest being the one traded.

I used that trade as a for instance because it gives us a shooting guard and good big man in the same deal.

I believe that Al will be better as a starter when giving a role of stopper. A lot of his trouble through out his career has been having a defined roll.

I guess the question is do you think the Pacers would be better with Al plus Allen, T-mac, Pierce or Ron plus Q Richardson, Murry or Mobley. I'd vote for Al plus a star but if that couldn't be done I'd trade Al.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I guess the question is do you think the Pacers would be better with Al plus Allen, TMac or Pierce, or Ron plus Q. Richardson, Murry or Mobley. I'd vote for Al plus a star but if that couldn't be done I'd trade Al.
    Great question. That is the question Donnie and Larry will have to ask themselves. I wish I knew the answer. Both are intriguing possibilities.

Foster/JO/Al/TMac/Tinsley

Of course that doesn't solve Al's issue. He still would be the third option, much like he is now. I guess it's important to him to be the first or second option.
    RIGHT, Cuz that's what he told YOU last weekend when you had dinner right?????????
    The LEAPS of assumption you guys take here is MIND BOGGLING. ed:
    What? Do you dispute the fact that Al wants a bigger role on the team? Do you have another interpetation of things?

Q. Al Harrington obviously wants to start, but has been unable to do so here. How do you see his future evolving?

A. This has been a tough situation for Al, because I view him as a starter in this league. I know hes that kind of player. As the summer progresses, well see what takes form. If there was the opportunity for him to be a starter here, that would be great. And if there isnt, then it may be time for him to move on to another team.
    or

Only Al Harrington expressed a desire to be moved if more playing time can't be found.
    Al was 3rd on the team in minutes played. Yet he wants more minutes.

So, in your opinion, this is all a smokescreen by the Pacers, the media, and Al himself to distract us from the real plan?
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

I am always greatly concerned with team chemistry. I have no knowledge of TMc and whether he is an *sshole or not, that would certainly factor in a bunch.
    Jermaine and TMac get along fine. The two of them teamed up for charity over all-star weekend.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Keep Ron , deal AL for something we need .

You See our movements all are based right now on if Reggie Stays or Goes , Until I hear Bird or Donnie say we are going after a big name SG , I will say we are not going after a Big Name SG. The Feeling I have gather from the past several days is if Reggie Stays he will still be a Starter next year .

Mood

With that said, if a great deal, (KG, Timmy D, kobe, maybe AI) then I would consider it.
    You'd rather have AI than T-Mac?

I am always greatly concerned with team chemistry. I have no knowledge of TMc and whether he is an *sshole or not, that would certainly factor in a bunch.
    Jermaine and TMac get along fine. The two of them teamed up for charity over all-star weekend.
    Not only are they friends, but TMac is not a leader at this point in time. He was really upset when Armstrong left fot New Orleans. So JO and TMac would get along like Batman and Robin. In a basketball skills sense, a mature Robin.

Speak now.

I would like to hear your reasoning. Couple of questions that I would like you to address.

Is there any evidence that AL at small forward and J.O at power forward is a successful pairing.

Can AL guard players like Lebron James, Paul Pierce, Rip Hamilton, Mello, Richard Jefferson.

Harrington's best position is clearly power forwad and yet I don't think a lineup of J.O , AL and Ron was very effective this past season nor will it ever be. That lineup clogs the middle too much, it is too small, and perhapos most of all it does not fit Rick's offensive system which is based on proper floor spacing.

I will hate to see Al go, but he is without question the most logical to be traded because of the comination of trade value,the fact that the pacers have others who can do what AL can do, and other factors.
    I am actually thinking of the same thing a few days ago... :P

al is the best bet to be traded... but trading artest will fetch more in return...

but it will bring the same result.. clear the logjam at sf.. give more playing time with bender...

but i still say trade al ...