Thread: 2 Thoughts I Had

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2 Thoughts I Had

1.) Jermaine is really, really bad at the opening tip off, he always jumps way too early, and loses it to the other team almost every time. I know its not that important of course, but I think its time Rick let someone else do the jumping. Maybe when Foster comes back in as a starter.

2.) Why doesn't anybody finish with a dunk anymore? I love SJax, but his weak layups after penetrating are really, really pissing me off. Cro did the same thing, and so did Jermaine at least once. I just can't figure out why the soft play around the basket.

Default Re: 2 Thoughts I Had

maybe tinsley could do the opening tip?

Didn't Dale tip when he was back?

I hesitate to say JO is bad at it, considering I had Fever tickets for 3 years. The WNBA actually has decided to go back to possession arrows after the opening tip. It wasn't so much the women as the refs didn't know how to do it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

sweabs

Not that this is a big deal, but the reason Jermaine doesn't win tip-offs is because of his vertical.

He doesn't have a very big vertical to begin with, and his jump is not exactly that quick. When I say a "quick" jump, I'm thinking of guys like Shawn Marion or Danny Granger for that matter who have a very quick first jump.