Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This Harrington thing is interesting

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Default Re: This Harrington thing is interesting

I guess i would blame it on the offense they run, maybe more iso plays and such. I haven't seen them play this year so i can't judge that i ws just noticing there isn't really anyone that jumps out at you on that team as an assist man, with a better offense in place and better options i feel Al could get those assists. Al wouldn't have 35 points and no assists as a pacer, thats all i'm saying. If he was doubled there would be 4 players on the court he could pass to and get an assist at any given time. The hawks just blow....glad i'm not from georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would Harrington accept the MLE? I'm not sure.
    I'm sure. No, he would not accept the MLE, if someone offered him several million more.

Al is certainly going to think he is worth more than the near 7 million he is making now. Count on it. And there is going to be a team out there who will be willing to pay him what he thinks he's worth. Maybe it will be the Pacers, but the Pacers will need to figure out where the money is coming from first.

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    I'm sure. No, he would not accept the MLE, if someone offered him several million more.

Al is certainly going to think he is worth more than the near 7 million he is making now. Count on it. And there is going to be a team out there who will be willing to pay him what he thinks he's worth. Maybe it will be the Pacers, but the Pacers will need to figure out where the money is coming from first.
    Hard to say what Harrington will command. I'd say his worth is probably around $9M. But with the way players have been massively overpaid the past few years, you never know what kinda offer he'll get.

As for where they'll find the cash to pay him - Pollard, Bender, and Croshere are all off the books within the end of next year, and that's over $20M.

*edit* Wow, I'm talking like he's already here.....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman

People, if he gets traded here we can offer him whatever we want... it'll just mean we'll have to pay higher salary tax for it... (I'm just trying to say you can re-sign your own players only the salary tax restricts you...)
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears