Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39

Thread: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

  1. #26
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by unstandable
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_3319941

    "An NBA insider said the Indiana Pacers, Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics have interest in Nuggets point guard Earl Watson. Indiana and Houston scouted the Nuggets' loss at New Jersey on Friday."
    Unclebuck drooling while watching League Pass does not constitute us scouting him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  2. #27
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could anyone with insider post the lastest article on the front page titled "Divorce Court"? I would greatly appreciate it.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...chris#20051218

    Artest staying or going?
    posted: Sunday, December 18, 2005

    NEW YORK -- Rudy Tomjanovich was at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night to scout the Pacers-Knicks game, which raised a few eyebrows given the Lakers' interest in Ron Artest. But Tomjanovich said he was not looking at any particular player, and he even asked if Ron Artest would be playing when he stopped by the press room before tipoff.

    In the Indiana locker room prior to tipoff, Stephen Jackson was talking about how he had spoken on the phone Friday night with Artest, who was feeling remorseful and wanted to remain with the Pacers.

    "He misses his family," Jackson said.

    But when coach Rick Carlisle was pressed on whether a reconciliation was possible, Carlisle noted that the decision to trade Artest was coming from the highest levels of the organization. With team president Donnie Walsh saying he was "encouraged" by the offers he has received, and with Jermaine O'Neal sounding unequivocal -- "We can never play together. If he came back somehow, it would be him or me" -- when he stated he no longer wanted to be a teammate of Artest's, it appears there will be no turning back for the Pacers.

    Pacers management said it is willing to keep Artest on the inactive list for the remainder of the season, but don't count on that happening. The longer the pre-trade limbo continues, the more the issue will chafe at a roster that needs to put the whole matter behind it.

    "Not trading him doesn't help us. Bring us somebody who can make us better. Give us something we can look forward to," O'Neal told Indianapolis Star columnist Bob Kravitz. "If he's on the inactive list, he's still damaging the team we have now, and that's not right."

    Said Austin Croshere: "Now, not having to deal with him, it's a welcome sigh of relief."

    After Indiana defeated the Knicks despite playing the second half without Jackson (strained thumb), Sarunas Jasikevicius said the team is as close knit as it's been all year.

    The Pacers got a huge boost from rookie Danny Granger, who blocked three shots in the fourth quarter and made two 3-pointers -- a very promising performance from a player who will be counted on earlier than the Pacers had planned. Granger's versatility is one of the factors allowing Walsh to explore trades for different types of players rather than being limited to finding another small forward.

  3. #28
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,511

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Hicks,

    Call me crazy or call me "grassy knoll" but seeing SJax on the opposite side (or brushing up against it) of TPTB and (atleast) the vocal members of the team doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about SJax being part of the solution.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  4. #29
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks,

    Call me crazy or call me "grassy knoll" but seeing SJax on the opposite side (or brushing up against it) of TPTB and (atleast) the vocal members of the team doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about SJax being part of the solution.

    -Bball
    Funny you say that.. the same thought hit me today too.
    Of all people.. the entire team is saying hell no. And Jax is saying sure I would welcome him back... meanwhile JO is saying it's either him or me

    Why Not Us ?


  5. #30
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Nor I. I don't expect Jack to be traded any time soon, maybe in Feb., but most likely he'll be here until summer.

  6. #31
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    This hurts.

    Al Harrington's a heck of a consolation prize, but as the primary object of our affections? When we've been offered two all-stars? That's harsh.

    I'd rather wait and see if we can get Al with the MLE.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #32
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This hurts.

    Al Harrington's a heck of a consolation prize, but as the primary object of our affections? When we've been offered two all-stars? That's harsh.

    I'd rather wait and see if we can get Al with the MLE.
    We havent been offered two allstars, Donnie said 2 All Star caliber players. We dont know who those players are, for all we know Al can be better then them.

  8. #33
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This hurts.

    Al Harrington's a heck of a consolation prize, but as the primary object of our affections? When we've been offered two all-stars? That's harsh.

    I'd rather wait and see if we can get Al with the MLE.
    Chances of Al signing here for the MLE = 0

    If we get Al, we're screwed one way or the other. Al wants to have his payday at the end of the season, he has already stated so much in the press.

    Add this to the fact that he wants to be the man (still) and we have no position available for him because the franchise player has his spot.

    Finally add to that your own consideration of whether you think we should pay Al 10 million dollars starting salary next year, because that is the very minimum he will command in today's stressed out market and if he stays in Atl he can have that kind of money.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  9. #34
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We havent been offered two allstars, Donnie said 2 All Star caliber players. We dont know who those players are, for all we know Al can be better then them.
    If they're both All Star caliber players, then I'm not sure I believe Al's better than them. There aren't that many players that are all star caliber.

    I'm still pining for Rashard Lewis, even though I don't believe it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #35
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally add to that your own consideration of whether you think we should pay Al 10 million dollars starting salary next year, because that is the very minimum he will command in today's stressed out market and if he stays in Atl he can have that kind of money.
    Then he should stay there. I don't want to be paying him that kind of cash. There are other fish in the sea.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. #36
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    Some people are being to short sighted as Able said, we can't afford to spend to Million on Al, if he agree's to 5 years @ 6 Mill Each or close, I can live with that but ten...

    I'd much rather have a rookie prospect/draft pick then...

    Go Danger Granger


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  12. #37
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    The Timberwolves have been talking to Pacers officials about a deal for Ron Artest, the unhappy player who has been trouble from the word go. If Kevin McHale decides to give up Wally Szczerbiak for Artest, he is out of his mind. ... For the Wolves to go any place, coach Dwane Casey has to get Eddie Griffin straightened out both on and off the floor.
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/507/5788742-2.html


    Wally's World Isn't Woebegone in Minnesota

    Shannon Szczerbiak knew the time. At 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, she informed her husband, Wally, that the trade market was open for business, enabling him to be back in a rumor mill fueled by Ron Artest's demand to be traded from Indiana.

    "She's always contemplating what could happen," Wally Szczerbiak, the Minnesota forward, said. "Indianapolis is where she's from, and with the Ron Artest news, we play the same position, that was interesting. New York is always a constant trade rumor. She would like to move there, but really, we're comfortable here, we're happy here, it's been seven years."

    It has also been seven years without a title for Szczerbiak, Kevin Garnett and the Timberwolves. After a few tense years, Szczerbiak has fallen into a peaceful existence with Garnett as Minnesota's second-leading scorer.

    "I developed a rapport with K. G. these seven years; we just want to win," Szczerbiak said. "I think it's just experience, growing up, learning each other's nuances. We developed more respect for each other on and off the court. We're just trying to be leaders."
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/18/sp...2NDdsNlWGXRqDA

    Why Not Us ?


  13. #38
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    No way Donnie takes his contract

  14. #39
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: Sunday articles about Pacers trade stuff

    I'd say that Al is all-star caliber in my eyes. He can also put up some really big numbers.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •