Thread: A trade clue ?

Default A trade clue ?

We have heard reports that Walsh wants to go young with his trade of Artest. To get the 06 version of a Davis for O'Neal type deal.

We have also heard that, along with about a dozen other teams, the Raptors have an interest in Artest.

Here is the latest clue. This from the DL.

The Raptors have a young FC playing down in Arkansas named Pape Sow. Until tonight he has played in all 9 games he was available for, starting 6 of those.

His numbers.....

51.9 FG%
    76.2 FT%
    32.8 mpg
    19.1 ppg
    11.1 rpg
    1.89 steals
    1.33 block
    3.56 to
    4.11 pf

Like I said, tonight was the first time since he arrived that he didn't play. It was a close game until the 4th quarter then Roanoke blew it open out scoring the Rim Rockers by 30 points to win 127-94.

Could Sow be part of a package that the Raptors have agreed to?

Default Re: A trade clue ?

Oh, boy, another Big that Rick will never play.

We need Rcarey to give us a scouting report. He played some for Toronto last year.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Good God out of all the talent in the NBA, Pape Sow would be the guy that would be the reason we do a deal. You see the stats people put up in the NBDL? Andray Blatche just went down there and he had 19 and 10. I bet if David went down to the NBDL league he would dominate too. I hope this isnt right cause this guy would never get of our bench.

Did you read the line that said "part of a package"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you read the line that said "part of a package"?
    Can we agree then the package would be MoPete and probably Bonner, too. I would certainly hope the 1st pick is in there as well.

Of course, he could have sat out for a number of other reasons, even a trade with another team. There's more trade talk going on then just Ron.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

sweabs

First of all, I've been following Pape's progress in the D-League for a while now and he has looked strong, although I'm sure Harrison would look strong as well.

Anyway, I believe he injured himself in his last game (he only played 15 minutes), and they kept him out of this game for healing. That is what I've heard - so I'll throw that out there.

Anyway, here's what I think of Pape. He's a very good rebounder. He knows how to box out his man, and stays very physical underneath the boards to establish good position. He's got a quick first jump which also allows for rebounding the ball.

He's a very raw player at this point in time, although from what I've seen of him in the D-League so far, he's improved in this area (especially on offense). Last year, when he actually got PT on the court, his only points would come off dunks and put-backs. This year, in the D-League however, (and yes, I realize it's against D-League competition), he has demonstrated the ability to hit the short 8-10 foot jumper consistently. He also has taken the ball to the hoop strong, resulting in getting to the line (where he has dramatically improved his FT% I believe).

Anyway, I really can't say too much on this guy as I haven't had the opportunity to watch him as much as I would like. I do know that he is listed as 6'10 or so...but he's probably more like 6'8. He's undersized for the way he plays. In the D-League, you can get away with that...but playing centre with the big boys at 6'8 would be difficult unless you are Ben Wallace.

He's raw - he's a project. But he's looked promising in the D-League so far.

Anyway, I believe he injured himself in his last game (he only played 15 minutes), and they kept him out of this game for healing. That is what I've heard - so I'll throw that out there.

Thank you RCarey, we can move on now.

Doesn't Bracey Wright lead the D-League in scoring? Maybe we can do a package deal, Artest/Pollard/Bender for Garnett/Wright...
    Sorry, I didn't know advertising was illegal here. Someone call the cops!

Sports Logo

I really hope that Walsh isn't desparate enough to consider taking back some NBDL Raptors talent.........I mean....have you kept track of any other player in the NBDL to see if anyone else is getting a DNP-CD?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I dunno guys, I was REALLY liking the deal for "White Chocolate" Gill

Naptown Seth

John Edwards owns Pape Sow.