Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-1 Since Artest's Last Game

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default 4-1 Since Artest's Last Game

I know the competition hasn't been that intense, but facts are facts - we can win without Ron Artest.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 4-1 without Artest

....you didnt prove that last year?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

LA. Did you watch the past two games. Yes they won, but their performance left a lot to be desired

We were missing a whole lot more than Artest last year. I noticed we played our best ball without Jax on the floor. Danger was awesome. Now they just need to un-glue DH from the bench. What the heck was he doing on the bench with Jermaine having to contend with Jerome James?

Sports Logo

Granger had a great game. he needs to be in the starting lineup.

Could the reason Harrison and Fred did not play is because there is a trade involving them in the works? Because we could have used Harrison for at least a little bit tonight. I know they said Fred had a sprained ankle but that could be smoke.

Pacesetter

It's been a good little stretch. I'm proud of my guys! They're giving me the warm fuzzies playin this way!!!!

14-8. I'll take it!!!

Go Pacers!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know the competition hasn't been that intense, but facts are facts - we can win without Ron Artest.
    Yes, we can win without Artest about 50% of the time. We are a very average team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    ....you didnt prove that last year?
    That's the point. Even through suspensions and injuries, Artest was held up as the messiah of Indiana's Championship hopes. Others (myself included) voiced the truth - Artest PREVENTS title runs. This team is going through more than you should ask any team to go through and are facing teams hungry for opportunities to kick teams while they are down to improve their records.

And guess what? Indiana is winning, despite it all. Just wait untill the new guys come and things settle down. I'll take our chances in seven games vs any team but two (Det and SAS) and we could even perform miracles and surprise those two.

That's right mother****ers!!!!

I'm again!!!!

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    LA. Did you watch the past two games. Yes they won, but their performance left a lot to be desired
    No, I'm going to actually have something meaningful to say about the games once I get home and watch them.

Of course it left something to be desired. I think it's down-right assinign to expect this rag-tag bunch to play like the Spurs. But facts are facts - they're fighting through it and getting the W's in spite of adversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    Granger had a great game. he needs to be in the starting lineup.

Could the reason Harrison and Fred did not play is because there is a trade involving them in the works? Because we could have used Harrison for at least a little bit tonight. I know they said Fred had a sprained ankle but that could be smoke.
    Freddy was definitely injured. I am not sure why David is not playing. I think many people are wondering. Fouls should not cause someone to get DNP's all year. I cannot think of a basketball reason for him to get no court time. I doubt he is being traded b/c his salary is so incredibly low. DOES ANYONE KNOW (OR HAVE ANY IDEA) WHY DH IS NAILED TO THE BENCH?

Sports Logo

I forgot about Fred hurting himself in the last game but I remember now.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Freds ankle looked bad last night, but I sure hope DH isnt involved in a trade.

I think he has talent, it is raw talent, but I think he has talent that we can benefit from.
    Talent isn't much good if the coach won't play you...

Maybe he doesn't want three inexperienced guys on the floor?

IndyToad
    How's it going to end?

I think DH is right where he should be

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    While I really dont like DH as much as soon here do, I think Rick should at least give him a chance. And its not like RC has never been criticized for not playing younger players.
    But he is playing Granger. And it could be argued that we need even more help at center than we do at SF.

IndyToad
    Hide behind that lightpole

I think DH is right where he should be
    UB, please explain why you think that. He clearly has much potential.

Of these players, who do you bench to give Harrison minutes:

Foster
    Croshere
    JO

Foster
    Croshere
    JO
    When the other team has a large C in the game, JO should not be expending energy to guard the other player. Foster is fine for that purpose in most cases, but he is not 100%....and he does not have the size to keep people out of the paint...does not block shots..does not intimidate.

Foster
    Croshere
    JO
    Neither Foster nor Croshere played much tonight (15 and 23 minutes apiece) while JO played 43. Harrison couldn't have fit in there anywhere? If he can't even get spot minutes in that kind of situation, something's up.

IndyToad
    Old carrot top

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    UB, please explain why you think that. He clearly has much potential.

He has looked terrible this season. His defense, whether it is team defense, where he has no clue as to what the team concepts are, or his one-on-one defense which has also been horrible. Twice when he was defending Dampier, DH just stood there as Damp went right around him. I honestly questioned DH's eye sight after that game. It looked like he was not even trying.

Right now the Pacers are hanging together with silly- puddy, the last thing they need is to put someone out there who obviously does not have his head on right.

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    Neither Foster nor Croshere played much tonight (15 and 23 minutes apiece) while JO played 43. Harrison couldn't have fit in there anywhere? If he can't even get spot minutes in that kind of situation, something's up.

IndyToad
    Old carrot top
    You're right. something IS up. We just don't know what that THING is. Here are a few of the many possibilities:

1) Harrison is sucking big-time in practice.

2) Carlisle liked going small-ball in this situation.

3) Carlisle doesn't like how his team plays when Harrison is in.

4) Rick is being ordered to bench Harrison because he is being moved out.

I think the 4th one is the least likely of these.

I thought we were 4-2 without Ron?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    I thought we were 4-2 without Ron?
    I was counting consecutive games. Did I F that up? I'll change the title if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Regardless, as long as Ron is still a member of the team, we're all losers.

He has looked terrible this season. His defense, whether it is team defense, where he has no clue as to what the team concepts are, or his one-on-one defense which has also been horrible. Twice when he was defending Dampier, DH just stood there as Damp went right around him. I honestly questioned DH's eye sight after that game. It looked like he was not even trying.

Right now the Pacers are hanging together with silly- puddy, the last thing they need is to put someone out there who obviously does not have his head on right.
    He has not been on the floor enough due to fouls, IMO. He may need to adjust to the speed of the game as well. I would not be surprised if your reasoning is correct, though. ...but they keep raving about his athleticism and potential to be the future C. It is just frustrating to see someone with that much potential...who is healthy...needs experience...languishing on the bench.

I was counting consecutive games. Did I F that up? I'll change the title if I did.

Ron missed a game earlier this season and the Pacers lost, so they are 4-2 in games Ron has not played