Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (FAKE) Bucher reporting deal close...

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bucher reporting deal close...

Say it with me, Deep Space Nine fans....

IT'S A FAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

(By the way, if this was true, I'd be very pissed. I hate both of those scenarios. Although, the Sacramento trade is better.)
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBones19
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hot.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

They Sacto trade is better, but both suck.

How do both of the trades suck? We get a SF who can shoot in Peja, and could get a good scorer off the bench in Bonzi. The Knicks trade isnt all that, but its not bad. I would do both of these trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    How do both of the trades suck? We get a SF who can shoot in Peja, and could get a good scorer off the bench in Bonzi. The Knicks trade isnt all that, but its not bad. I would do both of these trades.
    I guess I wouldn't be that sad if we did the Sacto trade, but I really don't want Bonzi all that much... I'd rather keep Pollard (despite the fact that they probably really like him still)

I hope that Peja recovers if we trade for him though...

If there are going to be "reports" that a deal is done or imminent, it will be coming out of the weekend. We'll likely hear about it Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    If there are going to be "reports" that a deal is done or imminent, it will be coming out of the weekend. We'll likely hear about it Monday morning.
    I recall hearing about the Jax for Harrington trade on a saturday night. I think it may have been reported earlier in the day, but it was a saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Neither trade is great, but the Sac trade is better than sitting Artest and getting bench fodder later. I like the way Peja would spread the floor...and he is a good second option. He might be a liability on D. Bonzi will be a good player, not spectacular. I would hate to not have Polly when we faced Yao or Shaq, however...

Pacesetter

Donnie keeps his hand very close to his chest. I don't believe anything unless it comes from Donnie.

Bonzi Wells is no angel either, don't get why he would be worth it. Peja is soft.

Crawford is decent, but if him and Q-Rich came along, there wouldn't be enough shots for everyone.

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    I recall hearing about the Jax for Harrington trade on a saturday night. I think it may have been reported earlier in the day, but it was a saturday.
    This article says it was on a Thursday.

It was a Saturday; Suaveness came and told us it was announced during the forum party, which was most definitely on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    The Peja/Bonzi deal is fabulous. Thats 2 high quality starters for a nutjob and a guy who's a better comedian then he is a basketball player. That would allow us to start Bonzi, and send Jackson packing for a good backup bigman.

But they're probably both fake.
    I agree with most of this, and seth addresses my biggest concern. Losing Pollard, while not much on the surface, gives us one less bruiser for Shaq and any other good big man. If we pull the Sacto trade off as reported (fake or not), and then move Jax and whatever for a good quality big, I'll feel a whole lot better...

BTW, did I mention that I LOVE the fact that it is being reported that Mo-Ron wants to stay now and we are still trading him?! It's just like when your girlfriend breaks up with you, leaves you doubting yourself, and then when you finally come back to your senses and move on, she comes back wanting you again....NO GREATER FEELING!! (Hey, it happened to me once!)

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Unless someone comes on here to confirm it's real, I'm editing the title so it's no longer misleading.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: (FAKE) Bucher reporting deal close...

Neither deal is terrible, but I'd rather have one All-Star than two decent players.

Plus, I'm afraid we may implode if we did the Sacto deal. Too much friction there with headcases and the Charmin-soft Peja.

Pass on both, IMO.

Peja+Saras... Yumi! I've allready "made a statement" on this one.

Bonzi was silky when Sabas was at Portland... So, there will be no big problems for Saras...I think that Bonzi is aware of "Homo Lituanus",too

PEJA.

JS
    Wait a minute, whoa! Whoa! You don’t actually believe this crap! Do you? Dummy! Brain washed alien souls? E-meter and thetan levels? Those people out there buy that crap. But I thought you were smart enough to see what’s really going on!
    What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you? Having them pay you for it, stupid!

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Neither deal is terrible, but I'd rather have one All-Star than two decent players.
    Peja is a 3-time All-Star (2002-2004). Ron is a 1-time All-Star (2004). So I don't know what you mean by this comment.
    Replacing Ron with Peja obviously hurts us defensively, but our offense becomes 10x more dangerous. Especially if Bonzi Wells were a part of the deal. Bonzi's a better scorer than Jackson, and a JO/Peja/Bonzi scoring punch would be as good as any in the league.

I'd rather have Nate Robinson and one of Crawford/Q. I'd probably prefer Crawford. Does NY have a 1st round pick in 06 or did they trade it. Make them throw that in unprotected as well.