Thread: Star Tribune )(&%&^@*##&@(#? League issues warning about fake crowd noise

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Star Tribune )(&%&^@*##&@(#? League issues warning about fake crowd noise

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5785587.html

In the wake of a national report that the Indianapolis Colts piped in artificial crowd noise when they played Pittsburgh at the RCA Dome on Nov. 28, the NFL sent a memo to all 32 teams this week warning against resorting to such tactics in order distract opponents.

The league did not investigate that specific incident, but it might not be a coincidence the memo went out the same week the Steelers are playing in the Metrodome. Pittsburgh, which lost to the Colts in that Monday night game, is 4-7 in domes since Bill Cowher took over in 1992. That includes three consecutive losses. The Steelers' last victory inside occurred in 1996, when they beat Atlanta 20-17.

Despite its timing, Steve LaCroix, Vikings vice president of sales and marketing, said he did not think the memo was in reference to any specific incident.

LaCroix also said that while the Steelers will have to deal with a noisy building Sunday, it won't be because of any fake crowd noise. "We do not and have never piped in crowd noise, and we don't plan to do so," he said. "Our fans are certainly loud enough, and there's no need for artificial crowd noise."

Teams were threatened with fines or loss of draft picks as penalties for using fake crowd noise.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Default Re: Star Tribune )(&%&^@*##&@(#? League issues warning about fake crowd noise

Well I think the Colts tackle too hard and are too fast, it's not fair!

They just are mad that they got punched in the mouth by a "finesse" team. I am happy about all the attention this is getting, being a season ticket holder, I've been building up the ole vocal chords for the stretch run and this only motivates me more. Hopefully everyone at the dome for these last 4 games feels the same.

-J

Default Re: Star Tribune )(&%&^@*##&@(#? League issues warning about fake crowd noise

Quote Originally Posted by JBones19
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I think the Colts tackle too hard and are too fast, it's not fair!

They just are mad that they got punched in the mouth by a "finesse" team. I am happy about all the attention this is getting, being a season ticket holder, I've been building up the ole vocal chords for the stretch run and this only motivates me more. Hopefully everyone at the dome for these last 4 games feels the same.

-J
    I agree. I think all the of the Colts fan should take it as a complement that we were so loud that they though they were using fake crowd noise. I do think that theres a way to use those allegations at the dome to pump up the crowd even more, but the way they did it at the Titians game was really corney. "Colts fans, are you piped in, or are you live"? They can do better than that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sore losers.

Haha.

***** 'em.