Thread: CALLING OUT ARKMAN40 !!!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default CALLING OUT ARKMAN40 !!!

Hey Arkman what's the story on Harrington these days? Is he still a blackhole or has he learned to pass out of doubles and to share the rock?

I noted he had like 35 points last night but ZERO assists. Sister MAry Francis should be able to garner 1 assist don't you think?

So, we rarely hear from you anymore but now that we need your input, I'm asking for it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Default Re: CALLING OUT ARKMAN40 !!!

Still hoping to hear from ark...
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Sorry to say I don't follow the Hawks any closer than any of you, and it's pretty much impossible to find anyone down here who is enough of a fan to have any significant insight. For being such a big city and metropolitan area, it's sad that the local NBA team is barely on the sports radar screen down here. It's all Falcons right now. So I got nuthin'. Maybe BillS has more of a scoop?

I couldn't tell ya what these mean but here are some numbers on Al Harrington.

Year - FGA - Assist - MPG

98-99 -- 56 ----- 5 --- 160
    99-00 - 264 ---- 38 --- 854
    00-01 - 543 --- 130 -- 1892
    01-02 - 484 ---- 54 -- 1313
    02-03 - 896 --- 125 -- 2467
    03-04 - 909 --- 131 -- 2441
    04-05 - 986 --- 208 -- 2550
    05-06 - 317 ---- 64 --- 743

98-99 - 1 assist for every 11.2 FGA - 1 assist every 32 minutes
    99-00 - 1 assist for every 6.9 FGA - 1 assist every 22.4 minutes
    00-01 - 1 assist for every 4.1 FGA - 1 assist every 14.5 minutes
    01-02 - 1 assist for every 8.9 FGA - 1 assist every 5.8 minutes
    02-03 - 1 assist for every 7.1 FGA - 1 assist every 19.7 minutes
    03-04 - 1 assist for every 6.9 FGA - 1 assist every 18.6 minutes
    04-05 - 1 assist for every 4.7 FGA - 1 assist every 12.2 minutes
    05-06 - 1 assist for every 4.9 FGA - 1 assist every 11.6 minutes

01-02 - 1 assist for every 8.9 FGA - 1 assist every 5.8 minutes
    See, I still say we need to get that time machine and get the Al from 1/22/02.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noted he had like 35 points last night but ZERO assists. Sister MAry Francis should be able to garner 1 assist don't you think?
    35 points, 0 assists, 3 rebounds. He's got Jermaine's "I help my team by scoring" disease. In fact, he's Patient Zero.

I'll be upset if we trade for Al.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    35 points, 0 assists, 3 rebounds. He's got Jermaine's "I help my team by scoring" disease. In fact, he's Patient Zero.

I'll be upset if we trade for Al.
    Jermaine doesnt have the Jermaine's I help my team by scoring disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Jermaine doesnt have the Jermaine's I help my team by scoring disease.
    Not any more, apparently. But being around Al might bring back a sudden onset. Why risk it?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

The chemistry will improve with him around. He can score and rebound, he isnt a good passer but I'm sure he would pass the ball, JO started doing it I'm sure he can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    The chemistry will improve with him around. He can score and rebound, he isnt a good passer but I'm sure he would pass the ball, JO started doing it I'm sure he can too.
    I'd rather play Granger.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I rather win.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I'd rather play Granger.
    Granger will spend his time at 3 with Al here starting at 4 (Cro behind him).

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Granger will spend his time at 3 with Al here starting at 4 (Cro behind him).
    This is how I figured it would go. I don't know how I feel about that.

Can we even trust Rick to do it?

I think he would go with Croshere/JO/Al/?/Tins
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This is how I figured it would go. I don't know how I feel about that.

Can we even trust Rick to do it?

I think he would go with Croshere/JO/Al/?/Tins
    Al played almost exclusively at the 4 his last year here, under Rick Carlisle.

Good point.... but then we also had Artest at SF then, and not a rookie...

Man I want this trade to just get finsihed.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

We've got one of the 5 best power forwards in the league. Why trade for another?

This team's primary needs are SG and C. I could see us going for a SF. But PF would be my last choice.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

We play JO at center every game.

We play JO at center every game.
    Right. It's killing me.

Wouldn't you rather trade for a 5 than a 4?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

It's not killing me.

It's not killing me.
    He plays the 5 better then he plays the 4. But thats just me. I dont have no problem with Al at the 4 and JO at the 5.

The problem wouldn't be O'Neal at 5 & Harrington at 4 it would be Harrington & Jackson on the court at the same time.

The way both of these guys play simply will not work should they try to paly together.

If they want to get Harringon back, fine, but they had better have another deal worked out to move Jackson at the same time.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, Atlanta's 4 of their last 5 right now with Al doing the scoring.

Al had 2 assists today, 3 against the Cavs, 5 against the Spurs. Considering Johnson doesn't seem to be having much problem getting his points, doesn't sound like Al is sucking the ball into the front court and holding onto it.

I haven't had the opportunity to watch more than a half of Hawks ball (it was simply too painful), but the media down here occasionally notices the Hawks enough to rip them to pieces. When they do, they come up with a lot of problems for the team. Al sharing the ball is NOT one of them.

Would there be better deals out there for Ron? I don't know because I don't know what's real and what is Pacer Prayer Fantasy. I do know what Al is capable of, I know what he has gone through here in Hell Atlanta, and I know he isn't the cocky ballhog he might have been in his younger days.

Mediocrity - heck, downright suckocrity - ages a man and makes him wise.

At this point, that kind of wisdom and the chemistry boost it gives to the locker room would OK by me if it were to happen.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Tim

For what is worth, the "black Hole" is averaging more assists than Artest this season, and was about the same as Artest last season.

When are people going to admit that we actually had a real good thing going with that '04 team? I think we have seen enough games at full strength this season to know that this current roster would get its *** kicked by the '04 roster.