6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes

Eduardo Najera
    6-8 SF from Oklahoma
    5.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 23.0 minutes

Voshon Lenard
    6-4 SG from Minnesota
    8.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.5 apg in 19.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +6.2 ppg, +2.8 rpg, and +4.5 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes

Incoming

Al Harrington
    6-9 SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
    17.7 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 3.4 apg in 37.3 minutes

Earl Watson
    6-1 PG from UCLA
    5.4 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.2 apg in 15.3 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -6.2 ppg, +1.0 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

Denver Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Earl Watson
    6-1 PG from UCLA
    5.4 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.2 apg in 15.3 minutes

Eduardo Najera
    6-8 SF from Oklahoma
    5.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 23.0 minutes

Voshon Lenard
    6-4 SG from Minnesota
    8.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.5 apg in 19.9 minutes

Incoming

Tony Delk
    6-2 from Kentucky
    No games yet played in 2005/06

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's

Change in team outlook: -0.0 ppg, -3.8 rpg, and -2.4 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
    Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2734868.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Default Re: Atlanta-Denver-Indiana cure-all, for Uncle Buck

I like it.

Vescey said the rumor was the Pacers were after Harrington but Alanta didn't want Ron. So this trade might work. However, Alanta doesn't need more mid size players, they need big guys. Substituting Nene for Najera works. Yes he's hurt, but it's a good gamble for Atlanta.

I've also read that Denver might trade Miller instead of Watkins which would make for some interesting spectulation.

Do we really want to trade tinsley? He has been injured somewhat but stepping on a guys foot to injure your foot could happen to anyone. Tinsley is not in step yet with this team. We have had so many starting lineup changes that I believe it has been very hard to garner the cohesion/chemistry needed. Is Runi ready to lead us 20-25 games into the season. Maybe we could throw AJ in there instead and let Atlanta have Watson.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Atlanta Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Al Harrington
    Tyronn Lue
    6-0 PG from Nebraska
    9.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.8 apg in 23.5 minutes
    Josh Childress
    6-8 SF from Stanford
    7.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 27.4 minutes
    Incoming
    Jonathan Bender
    7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
    5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    Erazem Lorbek
    6-10 from Slovenia
    Nene Hilario
    6-11 PF from Brazil (Foreign)
    0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -20.1 ppg, -8.9 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jonathan Bender
    7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
    5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    Erazem Lorbek
    6-10 from Slovenia
    Incoming
    Al Harrington
    Josh Childress
    6-8 SF from Stanford
    7.8 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 1.2 apg in 27.4 minutes
    Andre Miller
    6-2 PG from Utah
    13.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 8.0 apg in 34.8 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +4.4 ppg, +7.4 rpg, and +3.9 apg.

Denver Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Andre Miller
    6-2 PG from Utah
    13.2 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 8.0 apg in 34.8 minutes
    Nene Hilario
    6-11 PF from Brazil (Foreign)
    0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.0 minutes
    Incoming
    Tyronn Lue
    6-0 PG from Nebraska
    9.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.8 apg in 23.5 minutes
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    Change in team outlook: +15.7 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and -3.0 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The only team that wouldn't do it is Atlanta, but if each team threw a pick their way it could get done.

I don't see the Hawks taking Najera's contract.

Andre Miller is playing so well right now, I'd imagine Watson is the guy they will move first.

If it were up to me, I'd gladly add Harrington and Watson to the roster. I have felt for sometime Watson because of his defense is an ideal pairing with Sarunas (and AJ). Unfortunately, although the RealGM trade checker clears Watson trades now, I read that because he was a relatively late signing he actually can't be traded until after Christmas, Dec. 27. Not sure if that report was accurate.

It could also be that Billy Knight has his eye on Watson and not Tinsley, which still could fetch us Al.

Naptown Seth

My Take On Trade #1
    Atlanta definantly doesn't do it. They will not be willing to take on Najera's bloated contract, especially when in return they're giving up Delk's expiring contract. Also, as much as they need a point guard, Tinsley isn't enough for the Hawks to give up Harrington. If Jamaal didn't have such a history of injuries, then it's an even swap. However, he does, so it's a no-go from the Hawks.

Indiana probably doesn't do it. It's bad enough that we're downgrading at SF (Ron to Al) but to also downgrade at PG (Jamaal to Earl) is just too much. Contrary to what people around here who obviously don't know basketball from a hole in the ground seem to think, Earl Watson is nothing more than a solid backup point guard. Jamaal Tinsley is a solid starting point guard.

Denver does it, the entire state of Colorado celebrates, and the entire Western Conference puts out a hit on Donnie Walsh for practically giving Ron to the Nuggets and making them a legit contender. Delk and Lenard are a wash (equal talent, equal age, equal expirings) so it basically equates down to Denver giving up Watson and Najera (who has no trade value due to his overpiad contract) for Ron Artest. That's the biggest steal in recent NBA history, even bigger than the Pistons aquiring Rasheed for next to nothing.

Summary: Nuggets don't get enough, Pacers don't get enough, Denver gets too much. Denver needs to swing something over to both Indy and the Hawks to make it fair.

My Take On Trade #2
    Atlanta probably does it. We'll call Tinsley and Childress a push. Tinsley's much better now, however Childress still has some potential. Al and Nene is pretty much the same as Tinsley and Childress - Al's better now, Nene's got the potential. We'll also call that a push. So basically they give up a fantastic backup point guard in Lue in exchange for a nice Euro propect in Lorbek and Bender's contract, which expires at the end next season at the lastest. Looks like a nice deal for the Hawks.

Indiana does it no questions asked. It hurts to lose Ron and Jaamal, but that hurt quickly goes away when you see that we land a great replacement for Ron in Big Al, a very good starting point guard in Andre Miller, and a nice young SG propect in Josh Childress. Childress could easily develop into Jackson's replacement in a year or two, which is very nice.

Denver probably doesn't do it. This is tough, because Denver definantly gets the best player in the deal, and as we know, often times the team that gets the best player wins. However with Ron's history, that throws the entire trade scenario a bone. Andre Miller is playing fantastic, and while the trio of Lue, Watson, and Boykins is a very solid "point guard by commitee", none bring the game that Miller can. Combine that with the Nuggets giving up a pretty nice young big man in Nene, and i think they decline this deal. However.....if Indiana would throw in Fred Jones (and with Childress onboard he'd no longer be needed), then I could see Denver doing this. If Indy wants to throw in Fred Jones and a 1st, then that makes it that much more likely Denver would do this deal.

Summary: Atlanta gives just enough, Indiana gets slightly too much, Denver gets slightly too little.

Seriously, what's with the hard-on with Earl Watson???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????? He's just a below average backup PG.

with Watson I have to feel There is a reason why Memphis did not want him and why he is not used much with Denver...

Lenard is a shell of his former self.....

Why Not Us ?

Earl Watson is EASILY the most overrated player on this board. Jamal Magliore isnt even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Earl Watson is EASILY the most overrated player on this board. Jamal Magliore isnt even close.
    I've never heard one person claim that he should start for the Pacers. He had been discussed as an ideal backup to Saras, to defend very quick PGs without sacrificing everything on offense, especially being a "true PG".
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Saras is the perfect back up for Jamaal Tinsley. We dont need no damn Earl Watson.

I still want Earl Watson. he can do somehting we need. Play defense

And nothing eles, Tinsley can play D too, he can also drive to the hole better then anyone on this team, he is a better passer then anyone on this team, he also makes it a hell of a lot easier for everyone else on this team when he plays.

Tins is better then Saras and Earl Watson added together.

I bet UB would give JO and Ron for Watson and some fillers, that way the Magic Johnson of today's NBA Earl Watson can become a Pacer and dominate and lead us to many championships. EARL WATSON FOR PRESIDENT

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    I bet UB would give JO and Ron for Watson and some fillers, that way the Magic Johnson of today's NBA Earl Watson can become a Pacer and dominate and lead us to many championships. EARL WATSON FOR PRESIDENT

Yes that is what I want

Gamble

I think we are going to have to accept that we are going to be
    a different team with this trade. Less D and more offense. Watson
    isn't the answer and we should be able to hold teams down if we
    play together as a unit.

Naptown Seth

Earl Watson got 3 total points for All-NBA Defensive Team. Anthony Johnson got 1. So according to the voters, there's not much differential between the two defensively. They're really quite comparable players all-around.

a.j. > e.w.
    saras = 2 gaurd (scoring guard)
    tinsley is dope just stay healthy 4 christ sakes.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kybjones
    Seriously, what's with the hard-on with Earl Watson???????????????????????????????????????????? ??????? He's just a below average backup PG.
    I don't get it either. I'd rather have Tins, Saras or AJ at PG before Earl. Heck, I'd rather trade for the Watson's Girl.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    I don't get it either. I'd rather have Tins, Saras or AJ at PG before Earl. Heck, I'd rather trade for the Watson's Girl.
    There are at least 150 players in the NBA I'd rather have than Earl FRIGGIN Watson.