Thread: Should Jackson be traded too

cracktower

Default Should Jackson be traded too

Even though Ron Artest now wants to remain a Pacer and the fact that he will still be my second favorite Pacer (after Reggie) of all time, I have accepted the fact that I will never get to watch another Pacer game with Ron playing. I guess a trade is imminent and Ronny will be gone for sure whether he likes it or not.
    fficeffice" />>>
    Ok Ron is gone for sure now, but what do we do with knuckle Head # 2 a.k.a. Stephen Jackson. Would you guys be happy with ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Jacksonlace> being our second option? I for one, am certainly not.
    >>
    lace w:st="on">Jacksonlace> to me is nothing more then a solid role player depending on how he behaves and certainly not a star as he likes think of himself. The guy is a streaky shooter without a conscience, a guy who refuses to pass the ball and though he plays decent defense that is not enough compensation for the problems he creates for the team chemistry wise.
    >>
    A Stephen Jackson without the ego and selfishness would be a player any team in the league would love to have (think Shane Battier), the Stephan Jackson we have is more of a liability then an asset. He is like Ron Artest only without Ronís strengths.
    >>
    Trading Ron Artest alone would not solve our chemistry problem, if Donnie Walsh brings in another star player to replace Artest, I can see Stephen complaining about not getting enough touches. The best solution to our team chemistry problem would be to ship out lace w:st="on">Jacksonlace> along with Ron. If we want to clean the house might as well go the entire way then do a half-*** job.
    >>
    Some of you might think Stephen has become indispensable now that Ron is gone, but if Stephen Jackson is our second option on offense we wonít be competing for the championship anyway.

Default Re: Should Jackson be traded too

If he continues to plays like he did in the first half of the Jazz game, trade him.
    If he plays like he did in the second half, then we have to keep him. He can hit some shots and play defense.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unless it becomes a 3-way deal I expect SJax to be around until the trade dealine. They will give the Artest trade the 2 mos. to develop so they can see how the new group works together.

I'm not a Jax fan at all he's more concerned with his touches than with being a teammate and IMPO he is freezeing out Saras. To his credit (I've said this before) He was the one that really stepped up his game during last years PO's.

IMPW (In my perfect world)...he'd be gone.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

IMPW (In my perfect world)...he'd be gone.
    In your perfect world, Sandra Bullock would be making you bacon and eggs right now and anything else would be...

gravy.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Well, I have heard that a typical team can deal with one headcase. Even though we are getting rid of the more talented headcase, maybe the "new" team can handle Jax and his "head-case-ed-ness". I say let the Ron situation resolve itself, then see what other changes need to be made.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    In your perfect world, Sandra Bullock would be making you bacon and eggs right now and anything else would be...

gravy.

If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Gotta Play Big

The Pacers need to package up Jax and Artest and get a solid 2nd option for the team. I would shoot to get Paul Pierce...or some all-star calibre shooting guard. Pierce can also play some SF, so he would be a good replacement for Jax. I believe he has a good relationship with JO, and is a great scorer and rebounder.

Mood

In answer to the original question (which I did a poor job of first try) If we bring in a player with anything approaching All-star caliber skills then Jax will fall to 3rd option once again and he is gong to be right back where he was before RA went RA. IOW...Jax ain't gonna be happy when this settles out and so should be dealt. Nice guy away from the court or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
    Well, I have heard that a typical team can deal with one headcase. Even though we are getting rid of the more talented headcase, maybe the "new" team can handle Jax and his "head-case-ed-ness". I say let the Ron situation resolve itself, then see what other changes need to be made.
    I agree with this. You still have a couple of months before the trade deadline. Artest's leaving will completely change the personality of the team - and I don't think anyone can predict how any better than anyone (including Ron) can predict what will come out of his mouth.

See how things shake out first. SJax may tone down quite a bit without the Ron Artest psychotic energy to feed off of. And without Ron, you may find out the team actually needs someone just a little crazy.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    In answer to the original question (which I did a poor job of first try) If we bring in a player with anything approaching All-star caliber skills then Jax will fall to 3rd option once again and he is gong to be right back where he was before RA went RA. IOW...Jax ain't gonna be happy when this settles out and so should be dealt. Nice guy away from the court or not.
    I agree, that's the basis of my post above. Jax is NOT the second option we need if we want to be a championship contender. Consistency is an obvious problem, but I would say more directly that he is NOT good enough to be a second option on the team. He is also a chemistry problem.

At the same time, we cannot spin off both Jax AND Artest without retrieving a solid SG who can play SF in a pinch. So, someone like a Paul Pierce or Vince Carter is who we need or we have no shot at contending for a championship. I think Jax and Artest together...if not Artest by himself will land us that kind of player.

In short, we need that #2 option to compliment JO...and we do not need so much depth. Depth is part of our chemistry problem as well. When you have so many talented players, they are not going to be happy with DNP's.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    The Pacers need to package up Jax and Artest and get a solid 2nd option for the team. I would shoot to get Paul Pierce...or some all-star calibre shooting guard. Pierce can also play some SF, so he would be a good replacement for Jax. I believe he has a good relationship with JO, and is a great scorer and rebounder.

Could you imagine that Celtics squad? Artest, Jackson AND Ricky Davis all on the same team? Granted, Ricky's improved a lot in the last year or so but I think we'd see Boston harbor burst into flames.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    Could you imagine that Celtics squad? Artest, Jackson AND Ricky Davis all on the same team? Granted, Ricky's improved a lot in the last year or so but I think we'd see Boston harbor burst into flames.
    I doubt the Celtics want both of them...maybe they don't want either. If they don't want them, we should do a three way trade to get it done. It will help team chemistry and provide us a top notch #2 option at the same time.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think SJax should be traded first, but Ron forced the issue.

I won't miss either when they're gone.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    I think SJax should be traded first, but Ron forced the issue.

I won't miss either when they're gone.

Thank you

Tim

Jax is just Jax, TPTB knew what they were getting, Mike Brown told them Jax needed a handler.

stipo

I'm pretty sure if Jax DOES get traded, it will have to be a separate deal from Ron. What team would want BOTH of these guys? No way.

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold
    I think Harrington is a nice 2nd option. Remember, the last time he played for us he was only 23. So as nice as he was for us then, he was sitll young and still maturing. He's now 25, and has raised his game to another level this year. I think he would make a great #2 option to JO, and could get us around 17-18 a game on 45-48% shooting. My only complaints against having Al as a #2 option is his FT% could use some improvement. Other than that, I think he's fine.

But as for trading Jackson - yeah, I'd be ok with it provided we got a player of comparable talent in return. I wouldn't trade him just for tradings sake and end up with a bum player. However if someone like a Cuttino Mobley or a Bonzi Wells was offered, I think you'd have to strongly consider it. Preferably someone with better all-around shooting numbers.

Now that Ron is gone, I'm ready to get rid of Jax too I think. Get some guys that can play within a halfcourt offense, because we don't have the talent anymore to get by with billions of isos. That and I'm liking the type of offense we try to run when Saras is PG.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Naptown Seth

Wow, now that I look at it, Bonzi is a very efficient scorer. Much better FG% than Jackson which means he's not even 1/5th as streaky which is definantly what we need. And shockingly his career 3% is actually slightly higher than Jackson's. The only edge Jackson has is in FT%, but thats only by 6% points.
    Another thing is, I had no idea how awesome of a rebound Bonzi was. He's averaging 7.5 a game as a 6-5 shooting gaurd which is absolutely rediculous.

Bonzi is a much better scorer than Jackson, a much better rebounder, has a better assist-to-turnover ratio, and is atleast an equal defender. Not to mention he and JO are good friends and he's a local boy who's appearantly lost the attitude he had earlierin hsi career.

I say we bring Al back, then get on the phone with Sacramento and get Bonzi here a.s.a.p. If it takes Jackson + Harrison or a 1st, that's well worth it.

Jamaal Tinsley/Saraunas Jasikevicius
    Bonzi Wells/Fred Jones
    Al Harrington/Danny Granger
    Jermaine O'Neal/Austin Croshere
    Jeff Foster/Scot Pollard

That's a great defense team, a great rebounding team, and a very good scoring team, and as important as anything, a team that could more than likely develop great chemistry over the course of a few months. I think we'd be back to legit contenders if we could honestly move Ron and Jackson for Al and Bonzi.

Mood

That actually sounds really good.

But how do we do it? Atlanta said they didn't want Ron's head problems, didn't they? And we know that they don't want Jackson back. What can Sacto offer Atlanta that would make a three-way deal possible?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy
    That actually sounds really good.

But how do we do it? Atlanta said they didn't want Ron's head problems, didn't they? And we know that they don't want Jackson back. What can Sacto offer Atlanta that would make a three-way deal possible?
    Not sure about Sacramento, but there's alreayd been rumors of Donnie working on a 3-way to get AL here. Basically find a team that wants Ron, and is willing to give Atlanta what they want in exchange for Al so they can ship him here. One rumor i believe involved Chris Wilxcox+ from the Clippers, another is Kwame Brown (whos from Georgia) + something else from the Lakers. There's also some 3-team ideas from members of the board posted on the trade forum and you can also check out the RealGM Trade Board for NBA fans ideas.

Jax has a close bond with Artest, so if he left with him, he wouldn't be as upset as some other players, such a Cro. I could see him going away. I don't really care at this point. I'm not as attached to Jax as I was last season. I like him, but I don't know if I would miss him at this point.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

I want Jack to be around come playoff time. Period.

I've been on the anti-Jack bandwagon for a while now, and if it's true about him and Tinsley freezing out Runi, I want them both gone. We have no room for this BS on this team, especially right now.

IMO, only JO, Cro, Foster, and Runi (and probably Granger) should feel reasonably safe. Everyone else should be moved for the right offer.