Even though Ron Artest now wants to remain a Pacer and the fact that he will still be my second favorite Pacer (after Reggie) of all time, I have accepted the fact that I will never get to watch another Pacer game with Ron playing. I guess a trade is imminent and Ronny will be gone for sure whether he likes it or not.
fficeffice" />>>
Ok Ron is gone for sure now, but what do we do with knuckle Head # 2 a.k.a. Stephen Jackson. Would you guys be happy with ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Jacksonlace> being our second option? I for one, am certainly not.
>>
lace w:st="on">Jacksonlace> to me is nothing more then a solid role player depending on how he behaves and certainly not a star as he likes think of himself. The guy is a streaky shooter without a conscience, a guy who refuses to pass the ball and though he plays decent defense that is not enough compensation for the problems he creates for the team chemistry wise.
>>
A Stephen Jackson without the ego and selfishness would be a player any team in the league would love to have (think Shane Battier), the Stephan Jackson we have is more of a liability then an asset. He is like Ron Artest only without Ronís strengths.
>>
Trading Ron Artest alone would not solve our chemistry problem, if Donnie Walsh brings in another star player to replace Artest, I can see Stephen complaining about not getting enough touches. The best solution to our team chemistry problem would be to ship out lace w:st="on">Jacksonlace> along with Ron. If we want to clean the house might as well go the entire way then do a half-*** job.
>>
Some of you might think Stephen has become indispensable now that Ron is gone, but if Stephen Jackson is our second option on offense we wonít be competing for the championship anyway.