Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd thoughts about beating the Jazz, again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd thoughts about beating the Jazz, again...

Like I said in my Boston thread, I thought that Cro & Tins would make a differance.

We won, always a good thing & we made an impressive comback, always an entertaining thing but (& you knew there would be one) all was not well in Pacerland.

First let me restate my absolute dying hatred of the 7 p.m. starts. It is almost impossible for me to make those d@mn tipoffs on times on most days & today was no differant.

So when I finally drag my fat @ss to the seat I look up & we are down 6-0 & were almost 4 min. into the game.

So, again, for any Pacers brass that might actually be reading this. Please for the love of God switch back to the 7:30 starts.

Back on topic.

My fist play that I saw was the first real warning sign of bad things during the night.

Jamaal slaps a ball loose getting the steal he leads a picture perfect 3-1 fast break. He makes a perfectly timed pass to a cutting Saras who drives up for an open layup. But wait, instead of shooting this wonderfully wide open shot he decides to make a pass back to Jamaal who is now right directly under the front of the rim with a Jazz player standing right in front of him. The Jazz player gets his hands on the ball & it rolls out of bounds.

Now there are two totally differant ways to view what transpired there, well there are actually more than that but let's just focus on these two possibilties.

1. Saras is thinking he will reward Jamaal for stealing the ball, making a great pass & giving Saras the open shot so he tries to give him the ball back.

2. Saras will not be outdone by Jamaal in the passing department to he tries to one up him for the assist total.

Either way it was messed up & IMO either way Saras was totally at fault there.

This led to some minor words between Saras & Tins., nothing big but just a conversation.

I can tell you now some of the players do not take kindly to Saras's on court demands. During this game there was some sniping about positioning between Saras & Jax, Jones, Jermaine & even Foster.

Then there were words between Foster & Jax.

In fact I was really shaking my head up until the 3rd quarter because it looked to me like the team was not only out of synch but didn't much care to even be around each other & this was between people I've never seen have problems before.

Let's deal with the Jax factor first. I have been somewhat of a supporter, I'm not in love with his game but I think he takes a bum rap at times. But I can tell you right now someone needs to yank a knot in his tail when it comes to being disgusted with being taken out of the game. The first time he was taken out last night he was so disgusted that he literally pulled away from Fred Jones who was trying to slap five to him when he was coming in. This wasn't just a small slight, I mean he left Fred hanging out there & brushed around him.

Look be disgusted at Carlisle all you want, but Fred didn't deserve that kind of treatment & I can tell you that the fans in the fieldhouse just do not like the guy.

If there is a big package that is coming down the pike I wouldn't be totally suprised to see Jax on the next train out of town, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him stay either.

As to his game, he did a great job on AK47 on defense. He did not allow him easy access to the ball & followed him cut for cut most of the night.

Offensively he was his usual, some wild shots but some hard drives that caused havok on the Jazz interior.

I just don't know where Jax is on the Pacers overall long term scheme right now & that will be almost as big a mystery as to what happens with others.

We might as well deal with Jamaal while we are at it. Well, we were treated to Mel Mel the abuser again. But this is the abuser who abuses us & not the opposition. In the second half he was just God awfull. He turned into Jamaal Iverson except for two things.

1. He couldn't hit his shot at all

2. He didn't draw any fouls

He was benched in a hurry & then came back in late in the game played some lethargic basketball & then retreated to the bench for the rest of the game. For those that watched on T.V. did they try & say he was still not feeling well? I hope they weren' trying that excuse.

Well here is where I invoke the wrath of Ragnar. I have no idea why you people hate Anthony Johnson as much as you do. He was everything you would ever want in a backup p.g. during that game. He hit his shots, he passed out assists & he shut down that Williams kid when he played him.

His timely three point shooting helped seal the game for us.

In the second half I was hoping Jamaal would not see the floor again & I wanted A.J. to finish it off.

I am both thrilled & nervous that the game was salvaged by a barrage of Austin Croshere three point shots. Thrilled because Austin knocked them down & totally destroyed the Jazz in the process, but nervous because we all know that on any given night Cro could just have as easily missed all five of his three point attempts.

But not only did he hit his shots, he fought like a warrior born down in the paint all night long fighting off men who were both taller & heavier than he was. He did not gather up loose balls that fell to the floor & called them rebounds, he fought in hand to hand combat and more often than not he prevailed.

His one offensive rebound that he gathered in a crowd & then got fouled on the putback brought the crowd to it's feet & finally woke up the locals that there was actually a game going on.

When he went to the bench he recieved a standing O from the crowd behind the bench & he deserved it.

Harrison got a DNP again. I have no idea why. I just have to assume that he must be goofing off during practices because once again here was a team that had big bodys on the floor & in this game Granger really was being shoved around by the bigger bodys on the floor.

Foster just looked lost out there & he must have been in a p!ssy mood all night because he got into it with Jax, Fred & Saras during the course of the game about positioning on the floor. I'm not sure what was up with that.

Now I didn't get a great look at the bench because he was on the other side of my direct view but when Foster fouled out & coach called Granger back in the game it looked to me like Harrison threw his hands in the air in disgust. Did anybody else see this because I don't want anybody to just go on my view because like I'm saying, I didn't have direct sight of it. But it sure looked like that from what I did see.

Overall it was a great win, as any win is, but there sure still seems to be some attitude issues that may have to be addressed.

I'm coming around on the Saras thing, however I'm curious how much of his floor general routine is coming off as bossyness. Remember he may be king in Europe but here he is still a rookie & I wonder how these guys like him barking at them like he does.

BTW, what happened to Fred? I saw him limp out of the game & go straight to the locker room & on the way out the ramp he bent over in pain. I did not see what happened to him?

I don't want to leave without saying that Jermaine O'neal once again patrolled the inside like a monster.

I'm telling you, force the guy to be the center. Only the other O'neal is going to be that much better than him.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd thoughts about beating the Jazz, again...

I think you're way off about the Jamaal & Sarunas play early in the game. I think all that was was two good point guards trying to be good point guards, and that resulted in over-passing. They talked for a moment afterwards, but on TV it sure looked non-confrontational. Just two pass-first guys forgetting when it's time to actually take the shot. In this case, Sarunas screwed up.

Comment

Fred messed his ankle up, when he was making one of his up in the air passes. He is doubtful for tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicks
        I think you're way off about the Jamaal & Sarunas play early in the game. I think all that was was two good point guards trying to be good point guards, and that resulted in over-passing. They talked for a moment afterwards, but on TV it sure looked non-confrontational. Just two pass-first guys forgetting when it's time to actually take the shot. In this case, Sarunas screwed up.
        That's why I listed this as option # 1.

1. Saras is thinking he will reward Jamaal for stealing the ball, making a great pass & giving Saras the open shot so he tries to give him the ball back.

It still was a horrid play no matter what the intent was.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Comment

Also, you mention multiple players getting crappy with one another, and many against Sarunas. I either need to know in more detail what happened, or else I have to assume at least some of it is over-analyzation from someone who is conditioned to look for it (too many hours on PD will do that to a guy). It all (or mostly) could have just been guys frustrated in the moment, but when it's done it's done. Rather than a 20-second clip from a season-long soap opera.

I'll note the exception being the Jackson not high-fiving Fred part.

Comment

Surunas does talk a lot, when he is on the floor and at times does seem a bit bossy. However, I have no idea how the other player feels about it.

one thing for sure though, he must first earn the respect of his teammates and win thier trust before he can effectively direct them.

ohh, one more thing is it just me or do you also think Surunas seems to be always in a pissy mood

Comment

Also, you mention multiple players getting crappy with one another, and many against Sarunas. I either need to know in more detail what happened, or else I have to assume at least some of it is over-analyzation from someone who is conditioned to look for it (too many hours on PD will do that to a guy). It all (or mostly) could have just been guys frustrated in the moment, but when it's done it's done. Rather than a 20-second clip from a season-long soap opera.

I'll note the exception being the Jackson not high-fiving Fred part.

Could be.

But it did appear to be worse during the game than I've ever seen it in person before.

Blame Jay for my thoughts on Saras being bossy though. He's the one that planted that seed in my head.

Foster really was the one that caught me off guard because he really snapped at Fred Jones on a defensive set once which I just thought was odd.

Actually it made me think back to that post about Foster being wasted last summer. God that was funny.

Comment

Good summary.

AFAIK, exactly what happened to Freddie was never determined (at least 'how' it happened "landed awkwardly" they said). Stacy Paetz reported it was a moderate ankle sprain and his return was not likely.

As for Foster [grassy knoll]He was the one, if not only Pacers, not piling on Artest when the trade info surfaced. It seems he had something good to say about him and didn't say anything bad... But I could be recalling that wrongly. [/grassy knoll]

As for the Sarunas 'thing' and being 'bossy'....

I look at Sjax's shenagins- refusing to pass the ball in an obvious situation. The JO vs Sjax feud earlier. What you are saying now about leaving the floor disgruntled. Carlisle needs to take control of this team or management needs to do something one way or another.

Sarunas needs the support of coaching and management -and Carlisle needs to explain how it's going to be. ...unless they aren't going that direction in which case why waste his greatest talent and what he most brings to the team (and what the team could use... a real floor general)? If Sarunas is going to be the floor general then Carlisle needs to get his back. And management needs to get Carlisle's back.

If he's not lost it already... I think Carlisle is in danger of losing this team. All the pouting... bickering... shouting... etc... And that is just us here at the forum!

Am I the only one that thinks Carlisle no longer has the respect of the team or is certainly losing it?

Oh- And a thought I had tonight while watching the game. Is Walsh still enamored with players that don't truly fit any one role? Combo players... Are we using unbalanced lineups instead of developing (or acquiring) more 'traditional' players for 'traditional type lineups' as a matter of design?

-Bball
                Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

Thanks for the synopsis, peck.

When I go to games, I get way too involved and could never write such a detailed report. I'm glad someone can!

I agree with most, if not all of your post.

I'm getting tired of the Jax issues....He is really wearing out his welcome, it seems. I hope we can move him at some point, but I don't know for whom. I'm not saying this because of one bad game, I'm saying it because of about 19 bad games, and his mouth that has been around for a lot longer than that....

I think JT will get back into it, and feel like if we can shake up the lineup a little (MoRon and Jax gone) all can be well in Pacerland.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Comment

I thought the same thing Hicks, just watched the game after I got home and Me, You and Peck were all wrong.

Tins made a good pass to Saras, AK47 jumps to block Saras's shot, Saras makes a good pass to Tins, but Jackson got his hand on the ball and knocked it away from Tins, who would have had a easy layup.

Not important now, but just shows we don't always see what we thought we say.
                    Here's the video clip, watch it in slow motion.
                    http://rapidshare.de/files/9317104/SarasToTins.mpg.html

Peck, nice review as always.
                    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG" - Carol "The Walking Dead"

Comment

Originally posted by cracktower
                      Surunas does talk a lot, when he is on the floor and at times does seem a bit bossy. However, I have no idea how the other player feels about it.

one thing for sure though, he must first earn the respect of his teammates and win thier trust before he can effectively direct them.

ohh, one more thing is it just me or do you also think Surunas seems to be always in a pissy mood
                      I thought that it was a given that he was a very "talkative" type of floor general when he joined the Pacers. But what you say is valid....its hard to get used to having a guy that you have only played with for 2 months bark and yell orders at you. I'm guessing that the rest of the Pacers just aren't used to it.

Thoughts about Granger....I would like for him to play more minutes...but understand if Carlisle limits the # of minutes he plays and gives them to players like Croshere or AJ. The guy is a rookie...and despite all his talents...I would much rather ease him into the game over this season and then put him more into a 6th man role by next season. He just doesn't seem ready at this point.

Thoughts about Harrison....I'm wondering if all these DNPs for Harrison may mean something else....I would still hope that we can slowly let him develop over another season...but I wouldn't be surprised if the Hulk was somehow traded or included in some trade as trade bait. For whatever reason....he's in Carlisle's dog house. Can someone tell me....is he foul prone or worse....does stupid things to foul players?
                      Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

A bit about the "Saras being bossy" topic.

I'd totally defer that one to his teammates. It would be hard to gauge that unless you are around him every day and really get to know him.

The reason I say this is because I've worked with a substantial number of foreign contractors. And what I've discovered is that even after being in the States for many years, many foreigners retain the influence of their own languages when they speak English.

They may stress certain parts of sentences differently than we do. They oftentimes word things differently. In many instances, I've learned to hear "what" a foreigner has to say as opposed to "how" he says it. If that makes much sense? And then usually after an extended period of familiarity with the individual, I learn to read the individual... when he is truly angry for example, as opposed to just speaking loudly or stressing his words differently than the way a typical American would.

Don't know if this is the case or not, but it is a consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by heywoode
                          Thanks for the synopsis, peck.

When I go to games, I get way too involved and could never write such a detailed report. I'm glad someone can!

I agree with most, if not all of your post.

I'm getting tired of the Jax issues....He is really wearing out his welcome, it seems. I hope we can move him at some point, but I don't know for whom. I'm not saying this because of one bad game, I'm saying it because of about 19 bad games, and his mouth that has been around for a lot longer than that....

I think JT will get back into it, and feel like if we can shake up the lineup a little (MoRon and Jax gone) all can be well in Pacerland.
                          I don't have as much problems with SJax.....because of his inconsistency on offense....he is either hot or not...which is a given. When he is hot...like the last game...then feed it to him. But when he is cold....like he was today...I would hope that he would either drive more to the hoop to make the shot or draw the foul ( which he is good at ) or better yet...stop continually hoisting up shot after shot. After missing the 4th 3pt shot...you would figure that it may not be a good idea to put up 2 more shots beyond the arc. He just has to recognize when he is cold and distibute it to someone who can hit a shot....the problem is that he has a tendency to try to shoot his way out of his rut. Against a team like the Jazz.....I can let it go...since we do well against them. But against a much better disciplined team....that's not going to cut it.
                          Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop
                            I thought the same thing Hicks, just watched the game after I got home and Me, You and Peck were all wrong.

Tins made a good pass to Saras, AK47 jumps to block Saras's shot, Saras makes a good pass to Tins, but Jackson got his hand on the ball and knocked it away from Tins, who would have had a easy layup.

Not important now, but just shows we don't always see what we thought we say.
                            Here's the video clip, watch it in slow motion.
                            http://rapidshare.de/files/9317104/SarasToTins.mpg.html

Peck, nice review as always.
                            Yeah, Jackson did get his hand in the way. But I still claim Saras could have went up with that shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Peck
                              Yeah, Jackson did get his hand in the way. But I still claim Saras could have went up with that shot.
                              I just watched it over and over for 5 minutes. Nothing is conclusive because of the angle. However,

I do agree he could have went up with it, but I think he would have gotten his shot blocked.

At first it looks like he could have just verily got the shot up, but watch RK47's right arm, if Sara's brings the ball up any earlier RK47 gets a hand on it. Sara's gets any shot blocked until he clears RK47. After that his only shot option would have been a DR.J, one hand flip from behind the basket.

Actually I think a better pass would have been to Jax.

Comment

Working...
                              X