Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update from Vescey, Friday night

Default Update from Vescey, Friday night

Pacers would like to trade Artest and acquire Al Harrington. But the Hawks don't want Ron. So right now the Pacers are looking for a third team to enter the picture. Vescey said Al is who the Pacers really want and they will explore getting him, everything else is kinda on hold right now until they exhaust trying to get Al.

Vescey said this tonight on NBATV.

Default Re: Update from Vescey, Friday night

THATS MY BOY DONNIE

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers would like to trade Artest and acquire Al Harrington. But the Hawks don't want Ron. So right now the Pacers are looking for a third team to enter the picture. Vescey said Al is who the Pacers really want and they will explore getting him, everything else is kinda on hold right now until they exhaust trying to get Al.

Vescey said this tonight on NBATV.
    Wonder what LA could send to Atlanta ..??
    A big man...?

Why Not Us ?

Either we're not getting the prospects we want, or Donnie is trying to make up for JO having to put up with Ron all this time.

I'm terrified Al would pull a Dale on us this summer. If we could get a Josh Childress along with him, that's fine. And if it was just losing an expiring contract, that'd be one thing. But I don't think we fans could handle another rejection from a beloved former Pacer.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    Wonder what LA could send to Atlanta ..??
    A big man...?
    Would Knight want Kwame?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Either we're not getting the prospects we want, or Donnie is trying to make up for JO having to put up with Ron all this time.

I'm terrified Al would pull a Dale on us this summer. If we could get a Josh Childress along with him, that's fine. And if it was just losing an expiring contract, that'd be one thing. But I don't think we fans could handle another rejection from a beloved former Pacer.
    I hear ya Kegboy.. although being tight with JO may help for Al to stay...

as far as the Childress or additional person that would be great...
    I heard Mark Stein say yesterday that actually Josh Smith is the one that Atl Mgmt and he are not getting along so well.. so he could possible be moved as well... not sure though what all it may take to pull that off.

Why Not Us ?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to get Al back, and I don't think Al would be stupid enough to leave again...but then what do I know?
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Pacers have also discussed a trade with the Wizards involving Caron Butler. Chucky would have to be involved.

This is according to Vsecey, but Vescey is still saying that they really want AL Harrington.

I missed part of what Vescey was saying about perhaps the Clippers being the 3rd team involved. But I missed who he said would go from the Clips to the Hawks. Sounded like it would be a backup big man from the Clips. The thinking is the Hawks will lose Al this summer anyway

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't listen to Vescey. He's about as reliable as my sperm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasikevicius fan3
    Don't listen to Vescey. He's about as reliable as my sperm.
    When Vecsey is talking about the Pacers you can put a little more stock in it than you might when he's talking about other teams.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

So Atlanta WOULD trade Al... but they don't want Ron either...

Hmmmm....

I'm not even sure -I- want Al back, but I don't like hearing teams are not wanting Ron. Not that it is surprising to me. You don't carry baggage like Ron's, no matter how good you are, and not give teams some pause.

One big problem I see is teams have to think "If the Pacers couldn't corral Artest how could WE do it?"

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I don't really care for having Al back, and I didn't like him too much while he was here.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

With the night Al is having, hells yeah I want him back.

13-19, 6-6 from 3, 35 points, 3 rebounds, and that's with 9 minutes to go in the 4th.

Warning Rant!!!!

Man I really wanna keep Ron. It seems we wont get shi@ for him anyway. If he is repentant I still want to keep him...Watching his highlights every five minutes is not easy.

If we are going into a new direction lets atleast trade some players w/ value left. ie JO and Jax for a superstar...elton brand or garnett. Neither player is a leader and ron could be the first option especially at the end of games. garnett and brand cant get the ball out of their hands fast enogh with 5 mins left.

Stan Van Gundy would be a good coach for the personalities...

My big problem with this whole thing was JO said practically said the same thing. He was the one who suggested that the team may need changes...himself included. Granted Ron was way out of line w/ his comments, but content wise they were very similar to JOs.

I think SVG could make it work. The only problem I see with this is we send the wrong msg to our players and coaches.

Face it Ron is the best player on the team...maybe the best player weve ever had. We are going to trade him for someone of Al Harringtons caliber???

Ron is the most unique player in the league. Players like JO are alot more common.

End Rant

We. Are. Not. Keeping. Ron.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

The Nuggets reportedly offered Earl Watson and Voshon Lenard for Artest. The Hawks need a PG. Would they do this 3-way trade for Harrington?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Pacers have also discussed a trade with the Wizards involving Caron Butler. Chucky would have to be involved.

This is according to Vsecey, but Vescey is still saying that they really want AL Harrington.

I missed part of what Vescey was saying about perhaps the Clippers being the 3rd team involved. But I missed who he said would go from the Clips to the Hawks. Sounded like it would be a backup big man from the Clips. The thinking is the Hawks will lose Al this summer anyway
    Chris Wilcox from the Clippers?

sweabs

If we send Ron to Atlanta, does anyone else worry about a "Rasheed-like" deal from the Hawks again?

IE. Giving up Ron to a contender for chips after one game.

Quote Originally Posted by blanket
    The Nuggets reportedly offered Earl Watson and Voshon Lenard for Artest. The Hawks need a PG. Would they do this 3-way trade for Harrington?
    If you swap out Lenard for Nene it still works. Send those two to Atlanta, Al here, Ron to Denver. Works for us, probably works for Denver, does it work for Atlanta? I believe this trade would mean Atlanta has Nene's Bird rights, as well as Al's for us.

Another possiblity is Al to us, Ron to LA(Clips), and Wilcox and Rebraca to Atlanta. I think they both might do that.

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I'm not even sure -I- want Al back
    I'm with you. Once the ball touched Al's hands, that was it. Into the black hole it went. You and I would discuss this quite a bit, if I remember correctly. Has he changed? I'm not foolish enough to believe that. Didn't think so with Ron, don't think so with Al.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indypacerfan54
    Warning Rant!!!!

Man I really wanna keep Ron. It seems we wont get shi@ for him anyway. If he is repentant I still want to keep him...Watching his highlights every five minutes is not easy.

If we are going into a new direction lets atleast trade some players w/ value left. ie JO and Jax for a superstar...elton brand or garnett. Neither player is a leader and ron could be the first option especially at the end of games. garnett and brand cant get the ball out of their hands fast enogh with 5 mins left.

Stan Van Gundy would be a good coach for the personalities...

My big problem with this whole thing was JO said practically said the same thing. He was the one who suggested that the team may need changes...himself included. Granted Ron was way out of line w/ his comments, but content wise they were very similar to JOs.

I think SVG could make it work. The only problem I see with this is we send the wrong msg to our players and coaches.

Face it Ron is the best player on the team...maybe the best player weve ever had. We are going to trade him for someone of Al Harringtons caliber???

Ron is the most unique player in the league. Players like JO are alot more common.

End Rant
    Best player or not, he's terrible for the TEAM. Yeah, the other 11 guys who put on Pacers' jerseys and try to win games for the PACERS. Ron has had too many chances, and he's burned us for the last time. He's gone.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    I'm with you. Once the ball touched Al's hands, that was it. Into the black hole it went. You and I would discuss this quite a bit, if I remember correctly. Has he changed? I'm not foolish enough to believe that. Didn't think so with Ron, don't think so with Al.
    Agreed. He's not the type of guy we need to blend in with Tinsley, Jackson, and JO. Oh God, that wouldn't be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    Chris Wilcox from the Clippers?

I'm guessing that was who he said.

Vescey also said that Ron was hurt about the trade rumors involving him going to the Kings for Peja. Ron is the type of person who needs to know he is loved. But Ron acyed impulsively when he asked for a trade, but it was more than anything a response to the trade rumors. Vescey said the part about Ron not liking his role in the offense was just the reason Ron gave, but certainbly not the reason he asked for a trade

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Originally Posted by Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    Agreed. He's not the type of guy we need to blend in with Tinsley, Jackson, and JO. Oh God, that wouldn't be fun.
    I agree with both of you.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Sports Logo

^^^^actually.....this is a possiblity with any lower tier team like the Raptors or Hawks. The only way that it won't happen is if we deal him to a team like the Lakers or Nuggets...basically teams that can use him and would be reluctant to let him go.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.