Thread: SAS - Artest could sit out entire season with pay.

Default SAS - Artest could sit out entire season with pay.

SAS just said that DW would sit out RA the entire season with pay if a trade can't get done.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Default Re: SAS - Artest could sit out entire season with pay.

Ummmm... not sure about that.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donie said he could put Ronnie on the inactive roster.

Its very likely, but when you have any situation, its always good to have a plan "B" and plan "C"

Ask the guy from "The Apprentice".
    Oh yeah I saw that ... rained out

Why Not Us ?

He can put him on the inactive list, but he still has to pay him, doesn't he?

IndyToad
    Not spontaneous

Yes, he still gets paid.

SAS - The A-List - Just reiterated that he spoke with DW today and that he WILL not let Ron play again for the Pacers and that he just may indeed sit out the whole year - with pay. In a way, that might be more of a statement than giving him what he wants. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

I thought the title said "without pay". Yes, sit out with pay sounds like a possibility but I doubt the plausibility.

More positioning by Walsh IMHO.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

Is Artest barred from the practice facilities?

There's a part of me that thinks that Donnie said this as a message to Artest to shut up and play nice so that Donnie can work out a deal that would help out the Pacers.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

A trade will get done. Why SAS is wasting everyone time is beyond me.

Sports Logo

^^^cuz he likes to hear himself talk? Seriously...have you ever watched his show before? The guy loves the sound of his voice.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    A trade will get done. Why SAS is wasting everyone time is beyond me.

Because we are listening to him. I bet he is lurking right now, probably read what you just said and thinking of something to get a rise out of you.

I bet he made the stuff about Al just so Shade will make more comments about a fictional incident with a retail establishment that still isn't funny.

He has (rightly) been asked to stay away from the team, should the P's keep him (and on the inactive list all year) then they can NOT bar him from the training facilities, according to the CBA.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Pacesetter

What many fail to see is the idea of AFTER a trade is done where Ron is now wearing an opponents jersey. Now you've got to make stops against him and play your game. Taking Ron out of the equation due to inability to get someone of his caliber in return, or atleast a bright spot for the future, isn't worth the risk they would run by trading him off haphazardly to a team we will likely see again in the playoffs.

Let the team know he's done, no more games no more practices, and no more drama. He'll sit.

Sitting him until a REAL deal can be brought forward is the best alternative and it's all about winning. Donnie's brilliant!

I know that Ron is biting the hand that feeds him (sorry for the Cliche), but don't want to play him, fine; not pay him, that's ridiculous. He simply spoke out, yeah he didn't do it in a professional way; does anyone remember when Larry Bird spoke out against his own teammates in I believe the '85 playoffs, (could have been the finals)? I know that this doesn't even compare to what Ron did, but it falls within the same topic, taking Team matters public.
    He just said his opinon, though I don't appreciate it and it hurt me as a fan, it was his opinion.

Let the stone throwing begin.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's still a part of me that is waiting for Isiah or Rick to make him sit on the end of the bench, in uniform, with a series of twenty or thirty straight DNP-CDs... maybe insult him a little bit by making him play garbage time... and announcing "These are my guys [the ones that are playing], the ones that are willing to be a TEAM".

But there's no way that sitting him out is going to increase the chance of a "better" deal.

If nobody wants to take a risk on him via trade, then you've got another problem. Some of us *were* advocating the Pacers do anything in their power to void his contract last winter, for fear of this very reason.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    Sitting him until a REAL deal can be brought forward is the best alternative and it's all about winning. Donnie's brilliant!
    I had made this point shortly after Ron's announcement. The worse thing that could happen is we get bench fodder for Ron, and he lands with the Knicks....then we lose to the Knicks in the playoffs.....I know, the Knicks are supposedly bad, but with Ron, they would be much better.

Whoever we trade him to, could deal him to the Knicks. In fact, it is probably likely because Thomas likes to wheel and deal...and having been fired from the Pacers organization would love to get back the Pacers in some way. This would be perfect.

Unfortunately, I could see the Pacers dump salary to avoid the luxury tax by trading him for a 1st round pick and a bench warmer.....maybe not to the Knicks, but to some team willing to pass him on. Thomas will give whoever it is a great deal to get his hands on Artest....so we better sit him or get good value.