Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

  1. #1
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,101

    Default OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    That wasn't pretty just now.... I can't blame Saras for being angry.

    Keep the ball moving... keep the defense moving...

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  2. #2
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,101

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Surely I'm not the only one that saw that? Sjax went into dribble mode with nothing available and Saras wanted the ball back and Sjax didn't pass. Saras finally spun around and slapped his hands together... and appeared to say something 'in anger'.

    And he was correct IMHO. That is where I don't get Carlisle sometimes because he should tightening the leash on any player that stalls the flow of the offense in that way. Immediately. It's one thing to just miss seeing a pass or open player... it's another when you have nothing available to you and you don't get the ball back out (with a clear option).

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  3. #3
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Jax having the ball = Al having the ball = Black hole having the ball

    Tins doesn;t get it back from him either and only with 4 seconds left and NO option for a shot will he give it to JO to solve his problem

    the man is a pestilence
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    I saw it too. Runi was obviously (and rightfully) pissed.

  5. #5
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Yeah, I hope he's (Jackson) is gone w/ Ron... and I agree w/ the Al statement able, that's why I sure hope we don't bring him back...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  6. #6
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    right this is the Jax I cannot stand ,
    he gives you one good game of team basketball ,
    and it's right back to jackin up shots no matter who is open , and forcing the shot... no wonder his FG% is in the gutter....

    Either pass the ball or hit the road Jax.....

    Why Not Us ?


  7. #7

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Well he is awful more or less the whole season.

  8. #8

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw it too. Runi was obviously (and rightfully) pissed.
    Thats why I think he made a mistake coming to Pacers. He should be a Jazzman, we share the ball, and play team basketball. Carlisle is not using Saras skills at all on offense. To much one on one basketball.

  9. #9
    hoopburners
    Guest

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Calgary Jazz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats why I think he made a mistake coming to Pacers. He should be a Jazzman, we share the ball, and play team basketball. Carlisle is not using Saras skills at all on offense. To much one on one basketball.
    Saras chose the Pacers for the fact that he feels he can win a championship with them. Jazz are nowhere near a championship team.

  10. #10
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopburners
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saras chose the Pacers for the fact that he feels he can win a championship with them. Jazz are nowhere near a championship team.
    True, but you must agree that Rick is completely underutilizing Saras.

    It's mostly because of Rick's comfort blanket, I think.

    IndyToad
    Starting

  11. #11

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Agree with that, but he would be playing more enjoyble baskteball for himself in Utah. Now he is suffering. And without Artest I do not think that these chances are that good anymore.

  12. #12
    Member granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    also AJ won't pass.

    i wish we trade em both

    and i wish both saras and granger get more minutes.

  13. #13

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jax having the ball = Al having the ball = Black hole having the ball
    Quote of the week!

  14. #14
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but you must agree that Rick is completely underutilizing Saras.

    It's mostly because of Rick's comfort blanket, I think.

    IndyToad
    Starting
    AJ = Carlisle's blanky

    << insert picture of Linus clutching his blanket ans sucking his thumb >>
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  15. #15
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Who wants to bet that this is going to become an issue?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. #16
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Yeah, I saw that and was rather upset with Jax. I hope he goes in the Ron deal as well.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  17. #17
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jax having the ball = Al having the ball = Black hole having the ball

    Tins doesn;t get it back from him either and only with 4 seconds left and NO option for a shot will he give it to JO to solve his problem

    the man is a pestilence
    And Ron is a victim, right?

  18. #18
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras




    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  19. #19
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    So what he missed one pass to Runi? The next time down the court he hit Runi running across the lane for a jumpshot

  20. #20
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,699

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Ron is a victim, right?
    Did I say that anywhere ?
    Is it pertinent to the post?
    Is it of interest in this post ?
    Has it got anything to do with basketball?

    Have you gone of your rocker?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  21. #21
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    TRADE JACKSON PLEASE

  22. #22
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did I say that anywhere ?
    Is it pertinent to the post?
    Is it of interest in this post ?
    Has it got anything to do with basketball?

    Have you gone of your rocker?
    You spent an inordinate amount of time and energy defending a guy who singlehandedly wrecked this franchise, but you call Jackson a pestilence?

  23. #23
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,101

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaniac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what he missed one pass to Runi? The next time down the court he hit Runi running across the lane for a jumpshot
    No, this wasn't just a missed pass opportunity. This is a case of ball movement (or lack thereof), Sjax having nothing, and Saras calling for the ball to keep the offense going (not just thinking he had a shot).

    Meanwhile, Sjax holds and dribbles the ball with absolutely nothing available to him and the shot clock ticking away.

    It was clear Sjax had nothing so get the ball moving and keep the defense moving. Don't let them hone in on anything.

    You want to see players stop cutting? What Sjax did is the recipe. You want to see players thinking twice before making a pass to Sjax? There's your recipe. You want to see chemistry issues develop and coaching questioned? There's your recipe.

    Does Carlisle have control of this team or not? I realize I am focusing on one possession of a game but it was SO blatant that it needs to be focused on.

    Again, this isn't a case of just missing a pass. This is a case of -refusing- to make a (necessary) pass. I'm not ready to declare he did it because he has something against Saras (tho I'm open-minded to the possibility). It could be simple me-ism (trying to put an I in "team"). But whether it's pettiness or is a sign of his basketball IQ, it is the kind of thing that can't be allowed to exist on a team. If the coach can't stop it, then management needs to fix it... whatever that takes...

    Did Jay say he wanted to trade all 15 players? That's harsh.... 10 or 11 might do it

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  24. #24
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Jackson just isn't a smart bb player its that simple. He is talented though
    and when he gets his touch it doesn't matter if its forced or not.
    The first half of his season with the Hawks sucked and then
    he got comfortable and was amazing. I'll still give him a year, i mean look
    at what people put up with RON.

  25. #25
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: OK... I believe those that say Sjax won't pass to Saras

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, this wasn't just a missed pass opportunity. This is a case of ball movement (or lack thereof), Sjax having nothing, and Saras calling for the ball to keep the offense going (not just thinking he had a shot).
    Thats what shooters/slashers do and i am not defending him i just
    think you say to yourself when he makes the shot, "wow" and when he
    doesn't "you idiot." Its not smart but guys with talent and confidence
    do it alot in the NBA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •