Thread: 2 trades....1 now...1 later before the trade deadline

Sports Logo

Default 2 trades....1 now...1 later before the trade deadline

I'm utterly bored....so here is what I came up with.

1st trade ( now )

Artest+Gill+Freddie

for

Watson+Lenard+Elson

Although we would be temporarily shackled with 4 solid PGs....the intention is to get a very solid but durable defensive-minded PG in Watson and Elson....the brawn, interior rebounding and shotblocking type of player that I want as a backup PF/C. We would temporarily have Lenard who can serve as our starting SG playing about 20-25 minutes splitting time with Sarunas.

That would leave us with:

Tinsley/Watson/AJ
    Lenard/Sarunas
    SJax/Granger
    JONeal/Croshere/Elson
    Foster/Hulk/Pollard

2nd trade ( sometime before the trade deadline )

Tinsley+Pollard

for

whatever Walsh/Bird feel is needed to fill the holes...probably a young defending SG/SF and some draft picks or whatever else we need.

By doing this....we get rid of Tinsley ( cuz of his durablility ) and get back a solid PG rotation of Watson/AJ/Sarunas. This would leave us with:

Watson/AJ ( Sarunas can backfill if needed )
    Lenard/Sarunas/"Whatever defending SG/SF we can get"
    SJax/Granger/"Whatever defending SG/SF we can get"
    JONeal/Croshere/Elson
    Foster/Hulk/ ( Elson can split time between PF/C )

BTW....the only way I would do something like this is if we don't get back the type of offers that we need in trading Artest.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Naptown Seth

Default Re: 2 trades....1 now...1 later before the trade deadline

( A ) Voshon Lenard is not a good NBA player. In his peak he was, but his peak was many moons ago. All he is now is a fat,washed up injury-prone loser. He turns 33 in May. His career is about over. There's a reason Denver's been desperatly seeking a shooting guard the past 2 years. I'll sum it all up short and sweet - Voshon Lenard sucks.

( B ) It's debatable whether or not Francisco Elson is even as good as Scot Pollard. He doesn't upgrade our big men at all. I really don't see where we need him.

( C ) I'm still not sure what the infatuation with Earl Watson is around here, but he's really not that good. He's "marginally" better than Anthony Johnson. A bad shooter, bad rebounder, so-so passer, turnover prone,and he allegedly had attitude problemsin Memphis. About the best thing Earl has going for him is that he's a decent defender. Other then that, he's pure crap.

Gamble

Well you sold me, where do i sign NS.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ( A ) Voshon Lenard is not a good NBA player. In his peak he was, but his peak was many moons ago. All he is now is a fat,washed up injury-prone loser. He turns 33 in May. His career is about over. There's a reason Denver's been desperatly seeking a shooting guard the past 2 years. I'll sum it all up short and sweet - Voshon Lenard sucks.

( B ) It's debatable whether or not Francisco Elson is even as good as Scot Pollard. He doesn't upgrade our big men at all. I really don't see where we need him.

( C ) I'm still not sure what the infatuation with Earl Watson is around here, but he's really not that good. He's "marginally" better than Anthony Johnson. A bad shooter, bad rebounder, so-so passer, turnover prone,and he allegedly had attitude problemsin Memphis. About the best thing Earl has going for him is that he's a decent defender. Other then that, he's pure crap.
    Can't argue with any of that.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo

I look at this as plan B if we don't get the type of offer that we are looking for. Assuming that things don't work out this season....the main purpose is to rebuild the team around a solid foundation of players around JONeal/Sarunas/Foster/Granger/Croshere that is more reliable and durable.

1 ) Voshon Lenard is a stop gap temporary solution at the Starting SG....at worst...he comes off the books at the end of the season. At best...he can split SG minutes with Sarunas and used primarily as an additional 3pt shooter. The intention is not to trade then keep him....the intention is to find a SG that can play 20-25 mpg as a 3rd/4th scoring option that can hit the occasional 3pt shot.

2 ) I guess it is debatable.....but I look at him more as an enforcer that is a little bit more durable considering Pollard's recurring back injuries. Both are solid shot blockers and play solid defense. I guess I'm just looking more at figuring out a way to get more toughness inside the paint considering that Pollard will likely be traded for cap relief or is gone by the beginning of the season.

3 ) I'm looking more at the defensive end for Watson....but more specifically a solid reliable PG that is more durable then Tinsley so that we can get a solid, healthy and therefore stable PG rotation.

Everything is geared toward addressing 2 problems that we have....durability in our starters and backup players, getting back as solid backup PF/C that provides us rebounding/defense/shotblocking type of guy that doesn't need the ball in his hands to be useful and most of all figuring out a way to get rid of at least 1 of our perennial headaches.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want a player we can use now for Artest and that will be here beyond this season.

Lenard leaves after the year , you traded Fred , we are still over the cap what was the use of getting him? Elston will never be a full time player and Watson is a good backup pg.

I'd hope we could get FAR BETTER for Artest , Jones and Pollard.

I'd say Watson is a top notch defender. His offense is maybe average. He can hit a mid range shot, but don't count on him to nail three's. I doubt that he has "attitude problems" as he has handled his situation in Denver well.

What is interesting about Watson is that none of our current three main point guards is a good on-the-ball defender.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00
    I want a player we can use now for Artest and that will be here beyond this season.

Lenard leaves after the year , you traded Fred , we are still over the cap what was the use of getting him? Elston will never be a full time player and Watson is a good backup pg.

I'd hope we could get FAR BETTER for Artest , Jones and Pollard.
    The reason I would trade Freddie is cuz I don't think that the Pacers will resign him cuz he's a free agent next season....and I think moving Sarunas to primarily play backup SG minutes is a way to have a 4 guard rotation.

As I said...Lenard is a short term solution assuming that we keep SJax and have him play as the 2nd scoring option. We then go looking for a decent 3rd scoring option.