Thread: What's with all the trade talk?

Default What's with all the trade talk?

The Pacers are in the mist of maybe their best season ever and people are asking about trades. Now I'm not one to discourage people, but right now unless it's a no brainer trade the Pacers wouldn't be interested.

The Pacers have two All Star forwards, an improving center, a wise old shooting guard, and a wild young improving point guard. They also have a very good, deep bench. This team other than Uncle Reggie is still young and continues to get better.

If this team stays together can you imagine it next year? How about in four years?

This team does have weakness's though. It could use more beef in the center. It could use someone to guard those fleet point guards, and it could use more outside shooting.

Well guess what the Pacers have on their injury list. A big center, a fleet point guard, and a zone busting forward. All of which would play and even possibly start on other teams. Anyone think Brezac wouldn't get a lot of minutes and possibly start if he played for Orlando?

The only trouble I see on the horizon is Harrington wanting to start.

Sports Logo

Default Re: What's with all the trade talk?

We will need a perimiter player because outside of Reggie we dont have one and he is getting rather old. If we could make a trade in the offseason for a shooter who would keep the middle from being clogged we would be in for a long run at the top.

I have no idea why all the trade talk right now. Wrong time.

Were it up to me all trade talk with cease until after the playoffs.

Were it up to me all trade talk would cease until after the playoffs.
    That wouldn't be fair Buck! Some people like trade scenarios and it doesn't matter what time of year.

I just brought the subject up because I saw several trades on the main page and thought the amount a bit weird for this time of year.

I always saw it as a jinx, only lottery bound teams or teams with little chance to make the playoffs should be talking about trades. IMO, of course.

A replacement for Pollard is in order during the offseason. Pacers need a more effective back up bigman. Dampier would be ideal. JO, Damp, and Jeff (you decide who starts) with this lineup would be a 70 win club. Scot with cash considerations a draft pick for a sign n trade or something? About Brezec, there has to be a reason Scot gets PT over him.

Oh, and also :P

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have no idea why all the trade talk right now. Wrong time.

Were it up to me all trade talk with cease until after the playoffs.
    The reason is because there isn't anything to complain about right now. The team is playing well and winning. That leads to boredom which leads to trade talk and conversations about how much better the Pistons are than the Pacers and other negative garbage. Boredom will do that to 'fans.' I personally find it hard to even browse this board right now. Hopefully the playoffs will bring some positivity out of people.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

all trade talk with cease until after the playoffs.
    Thank you!

Sports Logo

Well we could talk about how hard it would have been to imagine how we could be locking up home court in the east in March.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well we could talk about how hard it would have been to imagine how we could be locking up home court in the east in March.
    That's what's so amazing to me. There were less than 3 people on here who would've thought the Pacers would be looking at 60 wins as a possibility last October. Here we are looking at best record in the league and yet people are complaining about how much better the Pistons are than the Pacers or how we should trade for everyone, anyone or how much of a bust Jonathon Bender is or how much better we would be with Brad Miller, yada, yada, yada.

We should be talking about possible matchups, what a great job the coaching staff has done in developing these guys both physically and mentally, what the Pacers strengths are and how that will play into a playoff series. Group dynamics are fascinating to me and an internet message board adds another level to that with the anonymity aspect. As soon as UB or Peck or a handful of others start going in a particular direction (positive, negative) the rest of the flock follows. I find that fascinating, yet perplexing. That's why I hold out hope that the Negativity Club will join forces with the Sunshine Brigade when the playoffs roll around and the talk will turn to the action ON THE FLOOR. I think we are going to have A LOT to talk about, up until the middle of June.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

If anyone is bored, they should be ashamed.........

This has been the most fun regular season ever, the only one that was even close was 1994, when the pacers went from 17-24 to finish 48-34.