Thread: Question About Baby AL...

Default Question About Baby AL...

I am very much in the bring back the Hurricane camp. but if we are truly building twards the future as DW says we are, I see no reason to deal with Atl right now.

but that is basicaly my question...is Al an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season? And is there anything stopping us from holding off on a trade with Atl, and just grabbing him after the season when some of these other high salaries come off the books??

Default Re: Question About Baby AL...

I have to wonder how much pull JO has as far as Front Office is concerned.
    Basically saying he would love to have AL his best friend on the team

Why Not Us ?

Instead of being 30 million over the cap (79M) next we might be 15 million over or so(-Reg, Pollard, Bender, a few raises to pay), so...

no.

We'd have do do a sign-and-trade for Al in the offseason if he wanted more than the MLE, which he will.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Instead of being 30 million over the cap (79M) next we might be 15 million over or so(-Reg, Pollard, Bender, a few raises to pay), so...

no.

We'd have do do a sign-and-trade for Al in the offseason if he wanted more than the MLE, which he will.

He will want more but he will be reasonable, he has too, that knee is still a concern.

I think Al is homesick, and if the right role is offered to him it should be no problem staying at a fair price.

I can't read the Donnie's mind but my guess is unless Donnie is offered something significantly better than Al, he is headed home.

I just wonder if that will effect the play of Austin. He needs big minutes and no offense ran for him to shine. I even wonder if Donnie will try to replace Artest with Austin.

And to be honest, I still can't believe Artest will be traded. I read the words, heard the interviews. I just think Artest will change his mind or something, and he will be back. I am too use to his drama I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    I have to wonder how much pull JO has as far as Front Office is concerned.
    Basically saying he would love to have AL his best friend on the team
    interesting point...i wonder if the FO feels like it kinda-sorta owes JO one. The did after all assure him that Isiah would be his coach when the signed him to that 7 yr deal. as soon as JO sigend, bye bye thomas.

meh....i just want this tootin thing done one way or another so i can go back to drinkin!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    He will want more but he will be reasonable, he has too, that knee is still a concern.

I think Al is homesick, and if the right role is offered to him it should be no problem staying at a fair price.

I can't read the Donnie's mind but my guess is unless Donnie is offered something significantly better than Al, he is headed home.

I just wonder if that will effect the play of Austin. He needs big minutes and no offense ran for him to shine. I even wonder if Donnie will try to replace Artest with Austin.

And to be honest, I still can't believe Artest will be traded. I read the words, heard the interviews. I just think Artest will change his mind or something, and he will be back. I am too use to his drama I guess.
    Dude, he has burned the bridges and sent the ashes to the moon on a rocket. There's no stepping back from this precipice.