View Poll Results: Are you glad you know ahead of time that Artest will be traded?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 66.67%
  • No

8 33.33%

Thread: Do you like knowing that Artest requested a trade?

Default Do you like knowing that Artest requested a trade?

No one likes the fact that Ron went to the media and requested a trade, but aside from that are you glad that you know that Ron wants to be traded or would you rather not know and be suprised when he is traded?

I personally HATE knowing that Artest wants a trade because I just am dying to find out who we trade him for and it has drove me insane since Saturday. I can't wait to get up and go the computer to see if there is any news.

I just want him to be traded already and get the whole thing over with.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Do you like knowing that Artest requested a trade?

Absolutely. Imaging the boards if it were a surprise. His apologists would be out for Walsh blood.

This way, he's considered some sort of traitor by the majority. If it were hush-hush and the public were surprised after the deal went down, we'd never hear the end of it and the arguing would last for 3 seasons.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have loved artest, but I am at the point that I dont care what he does anymore, and the fact we can at least anticipate something and get all the anxiety out of the way beforehand is a positive, IMO.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I mentioned that when I bumped our "what is the final straw?" thread from last summer. I know, I know... there was a lot of purple in that thread so its hard to read and its hard to take some parts of it seriously.

But Ron's actions were a good thing for the Pacers Nation, because if he had just quietly/ privately requested a trade, and the team suspended him until they could get it done, there would be lots of fans in a state of uproar about this.

By now he's made it patently obvious that he's a selfish cancer; even his staunchest supporters see that now (even if they deny that he's been this bad behind the scenes for a long time now.)

We're all in agreement that he's got to go and - even though we won't get the value that some of his supporters think he's worth - we're going to get the best possible trade for him.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo

I don't like knowing...cuz knowing means that he went public with this without going to Bird/Walsh to try to work out something that would have benefitted the Pacers.

It would suck that he requested to leave....but I would get over it since we would likely have been able to get a much better player like Lewis/Odom/Peja instead of what we will likely end up with.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Argh! Private poll!
    I thought private polls were illegal in 48 states ?

Why Not Us ?