Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skip Bayless, ESPN page 2: western GM considering offering an all-star for Ron

Diesel_81

Default Re: Skip Bayless, ESPN page 2: western GM considering offering an all-star for Ron

I also think if this story is true its Rashard Lewis that is being mentioned and he would be an excellent second option on this team. I also wonder if AK-47 could be had. Jerry Sloan I don't think he is in love with the guy, hasn't he questioned his toughness in the past? He makes alot of money and tends to get injured alot but I would love him in a pacer uniform.

Default Re: Skip Bayless, ESPN page 2: western GM considering offering an all-star for Ron

What position would Lewis play here? SF or PF? He seems right in the middle in terms of height, but I honestly don't know anything about his game other than stats. I don't want him to come in as a PF because that means JO goes to the five, and that's never good on his body. So, I'm assuming that if we do get him that he would simply take over at the SF and the rest of our lineup stays the same? And maybe I'm wrong, but as good of a defender as Ron is, maybe Lewis would be better to learn from than Ron for Granger. Granger already has the defense, he just needs to work on his offense it seems, and I think that a lot of times Ron relied on his strength to score, something that Danny doesn't really have.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Huxtable
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What position would Lewis play here? SF or PF? He seems right in the middle in terms of height, but I honestly don't know anything about his game other than stats. I don't want him to come in as a PF because that means JO goes to the five, and that's never good on his body. So, I'm assuming that if we do get him that he would simply take over at the SF and the rest of our lineup stays the same? And maybe I'm wrong, but as good of a defender as Ron is, maybe Lewis would be better to learn from than Ron for Granger. Granger already has the defense, he just needs to work on his offense it seems, and I think that a lot of times Ron relied on his strength to score, something that Danny doesn't really have.
    He's a SF
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty
    If everyone ignored Skip Bayless, would he cease to exist? I doubt it, but it'd be fun to give it a try.
    It's kind of like that old conundrum:

"If I take Skip out to the forest and shoot him down, will anyone even care?"

Mood

Lewis would be a heck of a XMas present from Santa Walsh.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Mood

I wonder what # Lewis would wear if we did trade for him...

hoopburners

I know. It's definitely KG.

In fact, this GM was considering offering an All-Star for Artest "because it isn't very often that a player of this caliber comes on the market and could come with a Croshere or a Jeff Foster."
    Let's look at this quote for a minute.

First, how would everyone here feel if we had to include Cro or Foster in a deal in order to get an All-Star for Artest?

Second, which of the likely WC All-Stars this GM is talking about would you do an Artest + Cro/Foster trade for:

Lewis
    Odom
    Martin
    Szczerbiak

And third, would you be more willing to throw in Cro or Foster at this point in order to make the trade?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by blanket

First, how would everyone here feel if we had to include Cro or Foster in a deal in order to get an All-Star for Artest?

Second, which of the likely WC All-Stars this GM is talking about would you do an Artest + Cro/Foster trade for:

Lewis
    Odom
    Martin
    Szczerbiak

And third, would you be more willing to throw in Cro or Foster at this point in order to make the trade?
    1. Provided the "All-Star" was good enough, I'd be willing to include Croshere. But out of the four players you listed, I don't think I'd deal Artest + Foster for any of them. The only way I'd be willing to deal Artest + Foster is if (A) the player in return was a perenial All-Star (none of the 4 listed are) or (B) Artest by himself was only attracting crap offers and including Foster was the difference between landing a Rashard Lewis-level plater or a Mo Pete/Matt Bonner/Denver 1st package. And if B were the case, I'd seriously consider working something out with Artest and his agent first.

2. Lewis - Yes, Croshere
    Odom - Yes, Croshere
    Martin - No
    Szczerbiak - Hell No

3. Croshere, obviously from my earlier answers.

indiana_07_pacers

Cmon Shawn Marion!! Ok I can only hope but I would be happy if we got Rashard out of this.

Artest and Pollard for Shawn Marion???

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No question in my mind it's Brad Miller

Why does Croshere have to be punshied by trading him with artest?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Without knowing who, I'd have to think pretty hard about that.

Trading an all-star plus a solid role player for an all-star and nothing would be a problem. I don't see anyone on the team giving us what Austin and Jeff give us, not least of which the energy they play with.

Having all-stars is required, but part of our problem is that we don't have enough solid roleplayers who accept that role. I'd hate to dump one unless the deal was far too sweet to refuse.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Lewis
    Odom
    Martin
    Szczerbiak

1. Would not feel happy about it. Both for the above reasons, and because (Artest notwithstanding) Foster is one of our few tradeable assets. On how many teams in this league would Foster NOT be a valuable member of the rotation? Not many. I know Artest has very little value right now, but he is better than any player we will bring back. I would hope if we had to include someone else that there would be something else coming our way -- young back-up, expiring contract, draft pick.

2. Lewis or Odom - Yes and would be willing to part with Croshere because Lewis/Odom can play some 4
    Martin - only straight up for Artest
    Szczerbiak - not even for Artest straight up if there were other offers (better than MoPete/Francis/Walker, though if I had a gun to my head)

... Brad Miller?

I would trade either for this two-time former All-Star. IOW I would only trade Foster if getting a center back, and Brad would make Jeff a more expendable. (Although if I remember right, Miller/Foster on the court at the same time wasn't such a bad thing?)

3. Croshere... the player we're getting back would probably better have some of Austin's skillset more than Jeff's

Hey guys, i found something on a supersonics forum:

As he was discussing his latest, unexpected milestone, Seattle SuperSonics All-Star forward Rashard Lewis revealed Wednesday that he plans on opting out of his contract after next season and once again becoming an unrestricted free agent.

Including this season, Lewis has four years and around $48 million remaining on the seven-year, $60 million contract he signed in the summer of 2003.

But the team gave Lewis an option to get out of the contract after the 2006-07 season, which Lewis said he will take. If he does, he will forgo $21 million over the final two years of his deal to seek a more lucrative contract.

?My mind-set is, to me, I am going to look at the last two years of my contract and see how much I can make those last two years, and how much I can get if I opt out of my contract,? said Lewis, who moved into second place on the team?s all-time list by making his 700th 3-pointer Tuesday night (he trails only Gary Payton). ?There are a lot of areas I am going to have to look at.

?See what teams are going to be able to pay me, or will the Sonics be willing to pay me? Nick Collison is going to be up, Luke (Ridnour) is going to be up, there will be a lot of confusion going on after the money that Ray (Allen) got. It will be tough, a lot of tough decisions, but I do plan on opting out.?

original source:http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...-4845743c.html
    This makes an Artest-Lewis deal more realistic
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman

Look at the timing. If he said that Wednesday he's saying it so the Pacer's won't trade for him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Look at the timing. If he said that Wednesday he's saying it so the Pacer's won't trade for him.
    Who says he would opt out if he was with the Pacers?

Doesn't he have a strained relationship with the Sonics which could be the main reason he would want to opt out?

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Or he could be saying it dropping hints to us. "Hey I'm opting out at the end of next year. If you're gonna be willing to pay me, go ahead and trade for me."

Or maybe not.

Someone posted that article the 24th of november

( http://mb3.scout.com/fseattlesuperso...icID=984.topic )

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    Or he could be saying it dropping hints to us. "Hey I'm opting out at the end of next year. If you're gonna be willing to pay me, go ahead and trade for me."

Or maybe not.
    Either way, do we want to risk trading Ron for a 1 year rental?
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Naptown Seth

Well, Donnie knows the situation, so if he were to trade for Rashard, I'm sure he'd be willing to pay him when that time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    Well, Donnie knows the situation, so if he were to trade for Rashard, I'm sure he'd be willing to pay him when that time comes.
    When we trade for Al, we will have that same problem right? And most of us are also willing to do that Al-deal...

And Lewis just want more money, as a reason to stay. Do we have that next season?

Quote Originally Posted by DEEman

Opting out of 10.5 million dollars a year. F'ing unbelievable..................

1.5 years.. correct?

Yes.... if you think a player would help, let alone think he's a missing piece, then you have to do it.

Plus, let's be awfully careful of thinking we're in the driver's seat with the Artest situation anyway.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden