Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skip Bayless, ESPN page 2: western GM considering offering an all-star for Ron

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Skip Bayless, ESPN page 2: western GM considering offering an all-star for Ron

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Say no to KMart....ignoring that he plays the PF position.....if we want to steer clear of injury ridden players.....then KMart is not the answer.
    His contract is too large, but ehmm... we seem to be having more players with that problem. He would help keeping a good defensive identity on the inside though. Still, I don't see this option happenning with Carmello there.

Someone mentioned Wally, now THAT makes a lot of sense too with regards to a GM mentioning giving up an all-star. He would be nice offensively, but our defense .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo

Default Re: Skip Bayless, ESPN page 2: western GM considering offering an all-star for Ron

So, apparently, Bird explored some trade options. That's what keeps getting overlooked. Artest's initial "I want to be traded" salvo came in response to a rumor that Indiana and Sacramento had discussed an Artest-for-Peja Stojakovic trade.

I said this last week and I was roundly booed.

Man my blood is starting to boil. If we trade Foster with Ron I will be so pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by unstandable
    Stackhouse
    Great point -- everyone so far is focusing on people who were All-Stars IN the West... So why not look at who has been an all-star and is now in the West.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    Ray Allen
    Elton Brand
    Kobe Bryant
    Sam Cassell
    Baron Davis
    Tim Duncan
    Michael Finley
    Kevin Garnett
    Manu Ginobili
    Juwan Howard
    Eddie Jones
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Rashard Lewis
    Shawn Marion
    Tracy McGrady
    Brad Miller
    Yao Ming
    Dikembe Mutumbo
    Steve Nash
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Theo Ratliff
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Peja Stojakovic
    Amare Stoudemire
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Nick Van Exel

Now lets cut down players that we know won't be traded, and eliminate all of the Spurs and probably the Jazz (I just don't see Artest in SLC??)

Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    Juwan Howard
    Eddie Jones
    Rashard Lewis
    Kenyon Martin
    Brad Miller
    Theo Ratliff
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Peja Stojakovic
    Wally Szczerbiak

So those are former All Stars who might be in play with our mysterious "Western GM."

(I took off T-Mac, you might disagree with me and think he should still be on the list... I also really think that Theo Ratliff could be taken off, Portland is not a contender, and Ron doesn't make them one.)

We have to look at this statement.

"In fact, this GM was considering offering an All-Star for Artest 'because it isn't very often that a player of this caliber comes on the market and could come with a Croshere or a Jeff Foster."'

Ron and Foster could be traded for both Martin and Lewis. Subbing Cro for Foster and neither trade works.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love the buy-in here that Artest, at 19.4 points per game for the season (17.25 per game in his last 4, playing time in last 4 of 36:08.75 per game) was being "phased out" of the offense - especially since the "last 4" average is down due to a couple of spectacularly horrible free throw shooting nights.

What a bunch of mowroons.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    So, apparently, Bird explored some trade options. That's what keeps getting overlooked. Artest's initial "I want to be traded" salvo came in response to a rumor that Indiana and Sacramento had discussed an Artest-for-Peja Stojakovic trade.

I said this last week and I was roundly booed.
    I think to be fair the reaction was during the "shock" period, where folks were reaslly trying to come up with a valid reason for Ronnie to be so pissed off.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I watched Kenyon play in Charlotte the other night. I DO NOT WANT HIM ON THE PACERS. He was a real D**K to everyone, the crowd and the Bobcats players, including acting like an assbag to some of his own teammates.

He was flexing and showing off the whole night while not really accomplishing crap.

PLEASE DON'T BRING THAT *** TO THIS TEAM DONNIE.

By the way, when I went to the game, I got a good look at the nuggets and bobcats players.

I wouldn't mind getting Rush from Charlotte. Miller from Denver had a pretty good game. Melo was unstoppable that night, although I know thats not even an option. Peanut Butter played ok, but he had a hard time with his shot, and couldn't make a simple shot from right under the basket the whole night. I think he sat out most of the fourth quarter because Denver was just owning him all night long when he tried to defend. The other thing I noticed is he runs really funny. Very flat footed. Almost liked he shuffles his feet down the floor. Reminded me a little of Rik Smits.

The New arena is a lot like Conseco with improvements in seating and the suites. I was in one of the suites and I have to say it was deluxe. Very nice, LOTS of room. Excellent food, service and view. The inside of the arena looks very much like conseco, with the exception of how they did their club level seating. Its like sitting at a bar. They have probably 50% of the club level set up like that. It was very nice. And probably 30% of the club level seating also had their own plasma screen TV's that had up to date stats on the screen and replays(basically the overhead scoreboard).

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    He's also a bit of a headcase and has a large deal. I agree with steering clear of K-Mart.

Now, Rashard Lewis is very interesting. Hmm...
    I could see a 3 team trade involving K-Mart where Denver gets Artest and another player, another team gets K-Mart, and we get a group of players coming from one or both of those two teams.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Naptown Seth

Rashard Lewis is better than Artest in every aspect of the game outside of defense. Better scorer, better shooter, better passer, better handler, better rebounder. If we could actually get him for Artest, I'd be overjoyed.

how bout Brad Miller? Is he untouchable in Sacto. They are playing fairly lousy right now. If they were getting Foster to provide center play along with Artest. Foster, Artest and Austin for Miller and Bozo Wells works. Maybe, Peja and Ron would be a fit together.

Al Harrington would be a better choice than Martin. I don't know who I would choose if I had to choose between Harrington and Lewis. I think Al is better on the boards and a better defender. He also knows this system. Lewis is clearly a better scorer.

Mood

Wally aint bad at all. He's having a nice comeback to his all-star form this season. I like Eddie Griffin too al though he has a nutty history too.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    Al Harrington would be a better choice than Martin. I don't know who I would choose if I had to choose between Harrington and Lewis. I think Al is better on the boards and a better defender. He also knows this system. Lewis is clearly a better scorer.
    I would prefer Lewis, but wouldn't cry if we got Al instead.

I guess skippy doesn't realize we were a defensive team last year without Artest. And we own the Heat. THey are our *****'s. They lose when we tell them too.

Jamaal tells wade to jump, wade says how high.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Manu.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    Rashard Lewis is better than Artest in every aspect of the game outside of defense. Better scorer, better shooter, better passer, better handler, better rebounder. If we could actually get him for Artest, I'd be overjoyed.
    I just can't fathom it happening, but I'd be overjoyed too!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

The more I think about Rashard Lewis, the more giddy I get. Getting him for Ron would be amazing.

Well, this West GM said that he was wanting Foster or Croshere in exhange, which to me, means he'd be giving up a PF or Center, and Foster/Croshere would essentially be a band-aid to cover it up. I'd hate to say Yao, because he's such an icon, and does more for attendance than his numbers would dictate. But the fact of the matter is, right now he's a mediocre center on a struggling team, and to get Artest and Foster for him would be pretty enticing, especially considering Artest and Foster are just the kind of scrappy defenders that Van Gundy loves. Throw into it that we can't be the only ones who've realized that Foster is the anti-Duncan, and I really could see Yao or B. Miller coming here for those two. Why B. Miller, you ask? Because Sacramento is changing. They've still got scorers, but they don't have the pieces to run that flowing euro offense anymore. They could still be a good fast break team though, and Foster is much more suited to that than Brad.

It's all speculation, but that's what I've gathered from the tidbits thrown out there.

Yao's never gonna leave... he's there TEAM, there ICON, never ever ever...

I'm Favoring Lewis with all this talk and Dallas, I'm 99 percent sure there making a massive run for artest, just sceptical if DW would pull a trade with them..

Here is the big Dilema, you can get better value if you trade him to a winning team, but trading him to a winning team can also cost you a championship...

Atlanta, Raptors, Sonics & wildcards Mavs & G State

thats the only teams I see a deal cranking with..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Gamble

I'm not worried about the sonics or the Mavs, we need to make it
    past the first round let alone look all the way ahead to a championship.

I wouldn't want Martin. When he first came to the Nuggets, he punched Nene during practice, and the 2 were separated. He's tough, but the injuries scare me. Leonard still has enough left to start at the 2 for us this year. If we were to trade with the Nuggets, I'd rather have Nene. Is it too late to sign him to an extension before being traded?

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

If everyone ignored Skip Bayless, would he cease to exist? I doubt it, but it'd be fun to give it a try.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized
    I wouldn't want Martin. When he first came to the Nuggets, he punched Nene during practice, and the 2 were separated. He's tough, but the injuries scare me. Leonard still has enough left to start at the 2 for us this year. If we were to trade with the Nuggets, I'd rather have Nene. Is it too late to sign him to an extension before being traded?
    Kenyon had a verbal exchange with a camera man during tonights game....

I'll go on the record saying Rashard Lewis would be my pick over just about anybody we've seen mentioned. That would be great.

He's durable, he can score, he can play decent D, he's 6'10", and he's a good team guy. Like I said, I'd go for that in a heartbeat over anybody else we've seen. Vince? Kenyon? D. George? No thank you.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I'll go on the record saying Rashard Lewis would be my pick over just about anybody we've seen mentioned. That would be great.
    I would have to agree.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears