Thread: ESPN.Com} Knicks To Go After (Rashard) Lewis

Default ESPN.Com} Knicks To Go After (Rashard) Lewis

If he can't land Ron Artest, with the Pacers intent on sending the wayward swingman to the West, look for Knicks president Isiah Thomas to pursue Seattle's Rashard Lewis. Thomas is admittedly obsessed with length and Lewis, at 6-10, is thus an irresistible small forward.

This could only happen, granted, if the Sonics shift into cost-cutting mode. Yet if that is Seattle's response to a tough time financially, I'm hearing that Isiah would be ready to pounce with an offer featuring Penny Hardaway's expiring contract and rookie guard Nate Robinson, who's more popular in Seattle than Ray Allen after starring at Washington.

The Knicks, hopeful that Lewis' recent proclamation about opting out his contract after next season helps their chances, would also absorb Danny Fortson in such a swap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-051217-18

Why Not Us ?

Default Re: ESPN.Com} Knicks To Go After (Rashard) Lewis

Is it just me or would that be too good of a move for Isiah to make?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wouldn't Artest for Lewis seem like a better deal than the Knicks plausible offer?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Why don't we just offer Ron and Jack an even Pollard for say...Forston/Lewis.

I don't know if it works under the cap rules, but we'd be getting rid of two boneheads for one...except for we're getting a bonehead that doesn't necessarily like to take ridiculous shots. I think having an enforcer type player like Fortson would be awesome and I don't even need to say how awesome having Rashard would be. This organization has been used to having guys like Sjack and Ron in the locker room. I think if we are getting Rashard, it's a given they will want us to take Fortson.

Of course that would give the Sonics two many 2/3's.

I think we should be doing everything possible to get Rashard. He is the solid second scoring option we need and I think Sarunas is a solid third scoring option.

I really think we could do some damage with this lineup. We'd be lacking a good shooting guard big time, but I think with the extra responsibility Freddy Jones could shine. Also JO/Rashard/Tins/Sarunas would be our main scorers anyhow, we really would just need Fred and AJ both respectively to focus on defense. If this trade or something similar happened, i'd be in heaven.

This would be a solid rotation

Tins/Saras/AJ
    Fred/Saras/AJ
    Rashard/Granger
    Jo/Cro/Fortson
    Foster/DH

THis gives us the option of going small or big. Also this is a formidable defensive lineup..

Defense

Tins
    Fred
    Granger
    Rashard
    JO

Offense

Tinsley
    Sarunas
    Rashard
    JO
    DH

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ron/Jack/Pollard for Lewis/Fortson works as far as the cap is concerned.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Sports Logo

Every All-star level player in the league that is within eyesight of Zeke is of interest to the Knicks.

ESPN should just use a standard template for the Knicks when they print an article:

Isiah Thomas and the Knicks are interested in acquiring << insert any all star level player here >>. They can offer << insert crap players with huge Contract >> in exchange for << insert any all star player here >>.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every All-star level player in the league that is within eyesight of Zeke is of interest to the Knicks.

ESPN should just use a standard template for the Knicks when they print an article:

Isiah Thomas and the Knicks are interested in acquiring << insert any all star level player here >>. They can offer << insert crap players with huge Contract >> in exchange for << insert any all star player here >>.
    I think they already have that in place... it's called ESPN Insider

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Isiah in a contract year?
    I think its perpetual...

I don't understand why the guy is so quick to try and trade away their expiring contracts instead of using them himself. Hardaway and Davis' massive contracts come off this year -- Maurice Taylor's is a big chunk coming off next year.

If he could somehow convince Atlanta or New Orleans to take Marbury for draft picks (they are the only teams under the cap and would not have to give salary back) -- he could be under the cap after next season, with only Araiza as a core member needing to be re-signed (the rest still on rookie contracts).

(Seriously, if you were New York, why wouldn't you at least TRY to trade Marbury to New Orleans for two first rounders and Speedy Claxton? Or Atlanta for even Tyronn Lue?)

The only way he will build a winner is by solid drafting (which he actually has shown the last two years). The Knicks will never be competitive as long as they keep taking everyone else's castoffs.