Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Odd thoughts about losing to Boston....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd thoughts about losing to Boston....

I am waiting to see how many people trumpet last nights loss as a sign of things to come. I know you are out there & even if you don't post it I know you are thinking it.

All that the game vs. Boston confirmed for me was the one belief that I have held for a long long time.

All five players on the floor must be able to score. That does not mean they have to be scorers but you cannot ever have a one or even two man team unless you happen to have either His Airness or the Stilt on your squad.

At differing intervals during the game we had either Jeff Foster or Fred Jones on the floor. Yes I know Fred finally provided some form of offense in the 4th quarter but up until then he litterally was invisible.

I know many will laugh but I think if Austin Croshere & Jamaal Tinsley were there this would have been a differant game.

I know there is a love fest for Foster out there but I just want to state again for the record. Jermaine O'Neal & Austin Croshere work much better together because they offer the entire package & while some will argue that Foster has a defensive edge (I don't believe it but whatever) Austin is worlds away better on the offensive end of the floor. Our defense wasn't that bad, we had some lapses for sure but overall it wasn't the worst defense I've ever seen played.

But our times of going 6-7 min. without scoring a fieldgoal is just maddening.

Foster offers nothing on the offensive end of the floor & I am of the opinion that the reason he garners so many offensive rebounds is because nobody has to guard him so they often forget he is even there.

But I'm not here to complain about Jeff because he is still trying to catch his wind out there & in no way do I place the loss on him. I'm not sure there is any real reason that this was a loss other than poor shooting, lack of any dribble penetration & no post offense oh & poor rebounding, but other than that it was perfect.

I'm not worried about this game at all because I never really felt we were totally out of it till the end & I just have to think that we are not going to shoot 33% from the field as a team very often.

I really was impressed with the defensive traps we were playing & our rotations were more crisp than they have been in a long while. I just don't think defense lost this one for us guys.

On the other hand our guards could not penetrate at all & we often looked as though we were starting our offense beyond the three point arc.

I know this is where we all get a chance to pitch a bitc# at A.J. because there were a couple of times he took almost 10 sec. to even get to the 3/4 hash mark on the floor to even try & set up our offense.

But for as bad as he was last night Saras was worse. How he only accounted for 2 T.O.'s is beyond me. It seemed as though all night long his passes were either wide or short & going 2-10 from 3 point range does not thrill me with any player. I know he can shoot it & at certain points last night he was trying to get the team going but that was a little much. Also Dalonte West abused him defensively. The Celtics obviously had Saras scouted very well & learned real quick that they could crowd him in the corner & he would be far less effective & thus chuck up some wild shots.

I'm not down on him, but I'm just trying to be honest. It's the first real game he's had that I wasn't very happy with his overall play.

Granger also was a little dissapointing because I figured he would be a lot more active. However he played a lot of his time at the 4 spot & I just don't think that is a wise thing for Carlisle to do with him. The guy will be a killer 3 but he's a little undersized at the 4. But for some damn reason Carlisle is in love with this new small ball craze so I guess we just have to trust him on that.

It was good to see David get some meaningfull time on the floor. He looked very happy when he came in the game & as usual he was a bundle of energy on the defensive end & was damn lucky the refs. for whatever reason were swallowing their whistles when he was on the floor because there were several plays that he was like a wrecking ball. I know he didn't have any rebounds which is dissapointing but I want to point out again that the guy caused two defensive rebounds by totally eclipsing Al Jefferson & Kedrick Perkins with his wide body. S.Jax was the benefactor of one board & Saras was the other.

I wish they would have tried to go to him in the post a couple of more times because my beleif is that Boston could not have stopped him. But then my belief is that very few teams could stop the Hulk down low.

Fred Jones just cannot go that long on the floor & be that useless. If he is going to be the shooting guard then for God's sake take the ball & do something with it. I'm not saying to force it but he needs to make something happen out there.

I'm not upset with Jermaine. He has been a Warrior since early in the season & he is allowed a down game. He still grabbed 10 boards so no complaints there. The only constructive criticism I have for him would be to not settle for the jumpers they give you so readily.

I still say he is better when he is playing center. I also still say he is better when he plays with Croshere.

But other than that, it was just a game. There are some things to take away from this but by no means should this be any cause for any Pacers fan to give up on the season. We still were missing two key ingrediants & we still have a couple of young players that will still need some time to find thier way.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Odd thoughts about losing to Boston....

Originally posted by Peck
    All that the game vs. Boston confirmed for me was the one belief that I have held for a long long time.

All five players on the floor must be able to score. That does not mean they have to be scorers but you cannot ever have a one or even two man team unless you happen to have either His Airness or the Stilt on your squad.

At differing intervals during the game we had either Jeff Foster or Fred Jones on the floor. Yes I know Fred finally provided some form of offense in the 4th quarter but up until then he litterally was invisible.

I know many will laugh but I think if Austin Croshere & Jamaal Tinsley were there this would have been a differant game.

I'm not upset with Jermaine. He has been a Warrior since early in the season & he is allowed a down game. He still grabbed 10 boards so no complaints there. The only constructive criticism I have for him would be to not settle for the jumpers they give you so readily.

I still say he is better when he is playing center. I also still say he is better when he plays with Croshere.
    Peck, I completely agree with your entire post. Not sure I've ever been that in synch before, but I especially agree with your Foster/Croshere comments above.

As I was watching, all I could wonder was why in the heck is Foster in the starting lineup?? Our offense went to hell and nobody looked like they knew what they were doing.

Also agree that JO is better at center and better with Croshere on the floor. We really missed him tonight.

Water

Comment

I disagree with Croshere better than Foster. There were a couple times that Jeff got passes thrown to him and he didn't catch them because he was off his game. The guy hasn't been back long at all, give him a break.

As far as Sarunas, yeah he wasn't playing all that well. Same with AJ and Fred and just about every player on the team really. With everything that's been going on, I pretty much expected the game to go one of two ways; either really good for us or really bad. One positive we can take out of this game is that perhaps other teams will look at how bad we played and look at it as a sign of how good Artest is and thus want to trade for him even more.

Every Rookie has their struggles, and really we would be foolish if we didn't accept that Danny and Sarunas won't have bad games. Hopefully both players will figure out what they were doing wrong, and they will figure out how to contribute to the game when their shots are off (mainly pointed at Sarunas).

I know people hate hearing this, but give things time. There's bound to be some good and some poor games now that the Pacers are missing Artest (and since they were missing Tinsley and Croshere). Just look at how the Rockets were without T-Mac, they were terrible. I don't expect us to play that bad, but I do expect there to be some major hurdles to overcome.

Comment

Again with the Cro vs Foster thing.

Peck, don't forget I came out maybe two weeks ago and said Croshere should start instead of Foster, so I'm not even going there.

Overall the Celtics played great defense. I was really impressed. Their style was perfect. Pressure the guards, crowd J.O, crowd Saras, don't let Jax get into a rhythm.

Yes Tinsley would have helped last night, but he is injured and is unable to play. He is very injury prone, and sickness prone. We can argue all day long the merits of Tinsley's play, but the major problem is not how Tnsley plays, but whether he can play. Does anyone have any confidence at all that he'll be healthy for more than 15 games straight. OK, let's say he plays Friday night. What is the over-under on the next game hs misses. What 10 or 15 games. You know he'll either get sick or have some type of leg injury. I'm not questioning the validility of the sickness or injury, but no one can argue that he doesn't miss too many games.

Comment

"The only constructive criticism I have for him would be to not settle for the jumpers they give you so readily."

He shot the jumpers because his dunks weren't dropping.

I think all you can say about this game is if AJ was the player of the game we were in deep doo doo all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck
            Again with the Cro vs Foster thing.

Peck, don't forget I came out maybe two weeks ago and said Croshere should start instead of Foster, so I'm not even going there.

Overall the Celtics played great defense. I was really impressed. Their style was perfect. Pressure the guards, crowd J.O, crowd Saras, don't let Jax get into a rhythm.

Yes Tinsley would have helped last night, but he is injured and is unable to play. He is very injury prone, and sickness prone. We can argue all day long the merits of Tinsley's play, but the major problem is not how Tnsley plays, but whether he can play. Does anyone have any confidence at all that he'll be healthy for more than 15 games straight. OK, let's say he plays Friday night. What is the over-under on the next game hs misses. What 10 or 15 games. You know he'll either get sick or have some type of leg injury. I'm not questioning the validility of the sickness or injury, but no one can argue that he doesn't miss too many games.
            Again, I agree with UB (this is becoming quite constant...)

Croshere gives the Pacers one important aspect that Foster doesnt - shooting. That opens the floor on offense and allows a better offensive flow. It allows for pick-n-rolls where that picker slides outside for an open shot. Foster doesn't do that. Maybe Foster is slightly better on the boards, but he's pretty much 1-dimensional, and that hurts an offense which is already playing at 40% of its guns. Cro would've made a huge difference in Boston.

BTW - Cro is leading the team in +/- per game. More than Artest, more tha JO and more than Saras. That just about says it all.

About Tinsley - enuf is enuf. Trade him along with Artest and get something decent back. Saras & AJ can both play PG. He's become unreliable, as UB pointed out, and thus obsolete.

Comment

It's not fair to compare a rejuvenated Croshere to an out of shape Foster. Give Croshere a couple weeks to see how he does long-term, and give Foster a couple weeks to get into shape, and re-assess then.

I should point out that the Pistons do just fine without having Ben Wallace slide out on a pick for a jumper. Of course, he's a better defender, but we're talking about offense.

Comment

I only saw the 2nd half. I heard some of the 1st and listened to MJB the 2nd half while watching. My thoughts at the time were JO was playing 1 on 3 because we didn't have any other front line players out there. EVERYBODY seemed to be camped on the perimeter and leaving JO to do the grunt work by himself. I am flabbergasted that the rebound totals were as close as they were, it sure didn't look it during the game.

We desperately need a rebounder. I love Jeff to death but we need a bruiser that makes others work for their rebounds so it wears them down.
                We need a Dale Davis type enforcer, someone that makes the opposition think before driving the lane. W/o Ron in there the C's had no fear of our interior defense. Hell, they had no fear of our defense period and I think that may become a trend...the fear factor is gone from the Pacers. A few weeks ago we were talking about us being a bit soft and now we've gotten a whole lot softer in the eyes of the other teams. They will not see us as someone to fear, and that is why I think it is imperative that TPTB move as quickly as possible so this team can re-establish an identity.
                We still need a 2nd scoring option...I just don't have faith in Jax as a full time Tonto.
                So, we need a bruiser inside...a SF that can defend...and a consistent 2nd option scoring threat.
                I see a need for a 2, a 3, and a 5. Have I mentioned anywhere that I think its time to move Jax? Well, it's time to move Jax...and Freddie. And Sarunas is a PG I don't like him at the SG full-time he needs the ball to be effective as an assist man. He's fine for relief work at the SG but keep him at the point and put the ball in his hands.
                Ever notice how friendly folks are at a shootin' range??.

Comment

What the Pacers need to do is get a better medical staff and find a way to get Tinsley healthy and keep him that way. Becuase last night is a sign of things to come if they trade Tinsley.

There is almost nothing left to say about AJ and his inability to run the point. Most of you can see it. Why cant Rick?

Comment

What is Carlisle honestly doing with Sarunas at SG? We all know Sarunas needs the ball in his hands to be effective and you can almost tell Sarunas hates letting AJ bring the ball up.

Carlisle is an idiot. David Harrison looked real solid to me last night, boxing people out and such. We need size. DH should get at least 15 minutes a game.

Saras, Fred, Sjack, Jermaine, Foster

Should of been the starting line up last night, but it wouldn't of even mattered. I am so sick of AJ and Saras on the floor together, it is just not good.

I wish Fred Jones would start, freddy is totally a confidence player. Like when he had that dunk and two threes. Imagine if we EVER tried to run a fast break and got Freddy some dunks??

Maybe we could trade Fred Jones for Eddie House to the suns. Fred would absolutely flourish in Phoenix. I like Fred's game but he doesn't fit with Carlisle's system at all. But then again...who does. Jermaine?
                    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Comment

I love Carlisle as a coach. I think he did incredible his first two seasons here. I have some problems with his system though...

We have the players to be more of an uptempo squad, but we don't utilize it. With Saras, Freddie, SJax, Tinsley, etc... We should be getting way more fast-break points. Second, I don't think that dump-the-ball-into-Jermaine is the best we can do on offense. I know JO is one of the better PF's in the league, but if all we do is dump him the ball then we become entirely too predictable. I wish Rick would open up the offense some and let the players play, instead of having everything carefully structured... Our guys are talented enough for it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Theodore
                        What is Carlisle honestly doing with Sarunas at SG? We all know Sarunas needs the ball in his hands to be effective and you can almost tell Sarunas hates letting AJ bring the ball up.

Carlisle is an idiot. David Harrison looked real solid to me last night, boxing people out and such. We need size. DH should get at least 15 minutes a game.

Saras, Fred, Sjack, Jermaine, Foster

Should of been the starting line up last night, but it wouldn't of even mattered. I am so sick of AJ and Saras on the floor together, it is just not good.

I wish Fred Jones would start, freddy is totally a confidence player. Like when he had that dunk and two threes. Imagine if we EVER tried to run a fast break and got Freddy some dunks??

Maybe we could trade Fred Jones for Eddie House to the suns. Fred would absolutely flourish in Phoenix. I like Fred's game but he doesn't fit with Carlisle's system at all. But then again...who does. Jermaine?
                        I am not sure why DH is not getting minutes either. It must be some non-basketball reason. He changes the game in the middle for us. He would open things up for JO down low. Then, Jermaine would not have to bang with the biggest bodies. DH can also nail the 10 foot jump shot. He is the C we need on the floor against a bigger team like Boston. Foster is fine against a quicker line-up once he is healthy, but DH should have been on the floor for 30 minutes last night. I am sure there is something I do not know, because DH on the bench in that situation makes no sense. This is just December. THIS is the time when he needs to get experience!

Comment

How many 3's did we shoot last night?

Shame on us.
                          Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
                          Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
                          Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
                          Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
                          And life itself, rushing over me
                          Life itself, the wind in black elms,
                          Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

Originally posted by Jay@Section204
                            How many 3's did we shoot last night?

Shame on us.

Yes 26 is too many. But the Celtics defense had a lot to do with that

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck
                              Yes 26 is too many. But the Celtics defense had a lot to do with that
                              I didn't think so.

We settled for what they wanted us to do. We could've been more aggressive.

JO was ice cold, so it might not have mattered. But we were settling on offense instead of being the aggressor.

That small-ball lineup was pretty much crap, too. I know it was by necessity but if Rick doesn't get that out of his system soon its going to be a long winter.
                              Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
                              Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
                              Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
                              Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
                              And life itself, rushing over me
                              Life itself, the wind in black elms,
                              Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

Working...
                              X