Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    They need a change. They need a point guard. They'll want fair value in return.

    Indiana gets: Tracy McGrady

    Houston gest: Artest, Jackson, Tinsley

    PGs: Sarunas & AJ
    SGs: T-Mac, Jones
    SFs: Granger, T-Mac
    PFs: Foster, Croshere
    XCs: O'Neal, Harrison

    Essentially an 8-man rotation of Runi, AJ, T-Mac, Fred, Granger, O'Neal, Foster, and Croshere.

  2. #2
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    Hah, this is the same crazy trade that has been running through my mind.


    They would want Foster though, because they need someone like him next to Yao.

    Tins/Jack/Artest/Foster/Yao could be scary.


    [/fantasticdreamer]
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #3
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    I would do it just becuase we have Gill.

  4. #4
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,244
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    I'd do it just to see Jackson leaving.

    rtest...Jax....Tins...all of our headaches gone w/o taking ONE Excedrin!

    Good one Hicks! Good One.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  5. #5
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,522
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    I'd do it, it's kinda like the Al-Ron-Tins rumor before T-Mac went to Houston.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  6. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd do it, it's kinda like the Al-Ron-Tins rumor before T-Mac went to Houston.
    Yep, that's what I had in mind. At the time, we wouldn't have done it. Now? Maybe.

  7. #7
    Hi! pacercoltfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    EARTH.
    Posts
    2,258

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    Why do you guys want Tinsley gone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

  8. #8
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,522
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    Quote Originally Posted by pacercoltfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you guys want Tinsley gone?
    I don't necessarily want to get rid of Tins, but if you had T-Mac at SG/SF you don't need a pass first limited shooter PG like Tins. A dead eye 3 point shooter like Saras would be the prefect PG with T-Mac on the wing.

    I will always trade several players for one big time star. Quality is always better than quanity in the NBA.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Superior, CO
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will always trade several players for one big time star. Quality is always better than quanity in the NBA.
    AMEN to that. I don't think enough people on here share your opinion, Hoop.

    I think this is why Miami's team last year was infinitely better than its current squad. Shaq and Wade are a great compliment and you fill in the rest with role players. Now you try and fill the team with stars to up your overall talent, it just doesn't get it done.

    I think the same could be said for Shaq and Kobe. They won three rings with role players. They sure crapped out when they brought on two hall of famers to try and up the ante.

    I like this deal because it would really focus our team in the same direction. JO needs a complimentary player... Harrington wasn't it. Artest wasn't it (although I'm not sure what type of player would be his perfect compliment?). In his prime, I think Reggie definitely could have been it. Now, T-Mac certainly could be. He and Yao just don't seem to mesh well -- but JO and T-Mac would in my mind.

  10. #10
    Anubis04
    Guest

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    Quote Originally Posted by pacercoltfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you guys want Tinsley gone?
    b/c hes never healthy...

  11. #11

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    I like it. It's risky, but I like it.

  12. #12
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They need a change. They need a point guard. They'll want fair value in return.

    Indiana gets: Tracy McGrady

    Houston gest: Artest, Jackson, Tinsley

    PGs: Sarunas & AJ
    SGs: T-Mac, Jones
    SFs: Granger, T-Mac
    PFs: Foster, Croshere
    XCs: O'Neal, Harrison

    Essentially an 8-man rotation of Runi, AJ, T-Mac, Fred, Granger, O'Neal, Foster, and Croshere.



    hmm in a heartbeat..

    Why Not Us ?


  13. #13
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,627

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    FYI:
    Houston has a problem

    TMac for Ron, Jeff, Johnson works, as does Ron, Jeff, Jax.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  14. #14

    Default Re: My stupid/brilliant/so-so/insane/awesome trade idea

    I like everything except more playing time for Anthony Johnson. We need a cure for that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •