Thread: Game Radio Broadcast

Default Game Radio Broadcast

As everyone knows, I have been translocated to Lexington, Kentucky. I very badly miss listening to the radio call. However, I do not want to pay money for the broadcast, as I am home so infrequently that I do not want to invest the money in something that I might not be able to enjoy. Does anyone have any new clues or ideas on how to get the call online or know how to rig it? I know this issue has been raised before, but I'm really interested to hear the call, given all that is going on with the team these days. I'd like to get some of Slick and Mark's on-air thoughts. Anyone?

Sincerely,
    Lost in Lexington.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

sweabs

Default Re: Game Radio Broadcast

Can someone then explain to me why there is no streaming WIBC audio on their website??
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Thanks guys, by the way. I really appreciate it.

Thank you!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone then explain to me why there is no streaming WIBC audio on their website??
    Because that was the first place anyone ever went to hear Pacers games on the internet for free (because of their reputation as carrying every Pacers game). So, nba.com found out about WIBC giving the free show, which obviously conflicted with their audio league pass, and spoke to them about it.

Just assuming...

no rcarey, because they actually own the rights to the broadcast and sold them to the NBA.

anyway, audio league pass costs all of $ 19.95 for then entire year and you get all the vids on the website and highlights of the games thrown in for free, now I can see that being a tad high for a poor student in Lihtuanie, but an MD in the US ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Tightfisted! Still owe $80,000 for medical school. That's a lot of Euros my friend. I suppose I could pay it off tomorrow but I like to keep it around to keep me humble.

well we use good ol English Pounds here, so that would be around 45 k my currency :P
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I'm looking for a sponsor...

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman
    I'm looking for a sponsor...

Here ya go Doc. perhaps you can get them to sponsor you.

http://www.webmd.com/
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Audiophiles,

RCarey is correct. WIBC does pay the Pacers a rights fee for the broadcasts, but the actual audio is controlled by the NBA. All radio stations are prohibited from streaming live NBA broadcasts, but the NBA only really monitors the flagships, which is why you can occasionally find an affiliate that will carry the game. The smaller stations probably aren't even aware of the rule, and they're generally able to fly under the radar.

Thanks for listening.

MJB

I miss your radio broadcasts this year, Mark. I used to pick many games up over the internet, and this year for the first time I subscribed to NBA league pass.

I have tried to listen to you and watch the TV with no sound, because believe me, the homer-types like Tommy Heinsohn detract from my enjoyment of the Pacer road games. The internet audio time delay makes it impractical, though.

But I'll tune you in for the pregame, halftime, and postgame!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

PacerTom,

I like the delay. It means that when it's my time to check out, I'm actually going to get an extra few seconds.

MJB

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313
    PacerTom,

I like the delay. It means that when it's my time to check out, I'm actually going to get an extra few seconds.

MJB
    Perhaps that will be when they "call-in" all those extra seconds you've gotten over the years.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..