Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 70 of 70

Thread: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

  1. #51
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Unless this proves to be BS, I'm keeping this on the Pacers board. It's the RealGM kings that I'm looking to keep on the trade board, not something that may (beyond "anything is possible") be true. Blahzay has some history.

  2. #52
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And why bother trying out for an NBA team? You might as well just send an E-Mail to the Pacers with your FT%, FG%, PPG, APG, RPG, etc. and they should be more than happy to take you on board, right?

    Priceless.

    Absolutely perfect.



    + + + + +

    Too bad he's just not getting the fact that we're trying to help him stop embarassing himself all the time.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  3. #53
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,301

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless this proves to be BS, I'm keeping this on the Pacers board. It's the RealGM kings that I'm looking to keep on the trade board, not something that may (beyond "anything is possible") be true. Blahzay has some history.
    That's cool. I was iffy on moving it, but I figured you'd move it back if you felt it was appropriate.

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    I didn't have time to read the whole thread but I thought I'd pass this along.

    http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

    Denver owes the Raptors a #1, top 5 protected next year. If the include a #1 it might not be the Raptors pick.

  5. #55
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    First of all, I'll get back to all of those Naptown haters posts tommorow when I'm back online. But let me say, stats measure production, and the bottomline is production is the single most important part of basketball. Productions what seperates the legends from the scrubs, the losers from the champions. Lots of players have had impressive looking game, yet at the end of the day they didn't bring the production and thus found their way out of the league.

    Jay (circa 1992) - "I just got done watching my only Heat game of the season, and I have to say, that Harold Miner is a future All-Star. The guy has an incredible first step and the amazing athleticism to capitalize on it. He was also hitting his jump shot and doing a good job on the defensive end."
    Four years later, at the ripe old age of 24, Harold Miner is out of the league. Why? Because despite his talent, and despite his ability to lead those watching him to believe he was a future all-star, and the end of the day he wasn't producing. He couldn't shoot, he couldn't rebound, and he wasn't much of a defender.

    And all the talk about stats lying is B.S. Stats are facts, and facts can't lie. What lies is peoples ability (or lack-there-of) to judge talent by watching a player play. The abnormaly high rate of high school and European busts the past 10 years proves this.

    Now as for the deal, if the 1st round pick in this rumor is Toronto's unprotected 2006 1st round pick, then there's no way Walsh and Bird can pass it up. Considering that there's a very good chance it would be a top-3 pick, possibly even #1, it's just too much to pass up. Rudy Gay sure would look nice a Pacers jersey. The kids productive as hell and you can tell he's gonna be a special Kobe/T-Mac/Wade tpye of player just by watching him. And the icing on the cake? We've got the same birthday.

  6. #56
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, I give up. As Jay said in the Pietrus thread - you have to look beyond the stats. I already explained the REASONING behind his poor shooting percentages in my last post. That's the kind of information you get from watching a player play instead of reading numbers all day long.



    Um - if we were to have a shooting competition, what would it consist of? Taking spot-up shots - much like the 3 point competition. Aren't you one of Saras' biggest fans? He's pretty good at hitting open jump shots too, isn't he?
    There's something called defense in the NBA. And according to you, unless Bonner's wide open, he's a mediocre shooter. If I ever need a partner in a game of team H-O-R-S-E I'll give Matt a call. However keep his sorry *** far, far away from my team during actual games please. And Saras is a rediculous 3 point shooter with or without a man in his face, which is part of what makes him so special.

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And why bother trying out for an NBA team? You might as well just send an E-Mail to the Pacers with your FT%, FG%, PPG, APG, RPG, etc. and they should be more than happy to take you on board, right?
    Or I could send them a tape of me playing, and after they saw my awesome basketball ability they'd be happy to sign me. Why would they even need to see stats? After seeing my amazing first step or awesome ability to hit wide open 23" jumpers I'm sure they'd snatch me right up. I mean, look at Darko, the experts saw something so special in him just from watching him play that he was drafted #2 in a rediculously talented draft class. And my how it's paid off for the Pistons! Darko's been tearing the league up, easily the MVP of the league this year. That right there proves that it doesnt matter if a player's productive or not as long as he can make people believe he's good while he's on the court.

  7. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    I'm sorry Naptown, but I'm going to have to (once again) disagree with you. Nobody is saying that you can't tell something about a player from looking at a stat sheet, but only looking at a statsheet tells you far too little to judge a player. Would you say that Allen Iverson is on the level of Michael Jordan because he's about on the same level in terms of stats this year as MJ? HELL NO! Jordan defended better, he was a better leader, he was clutch, I could name a thousand other things that set those players apart.

    The real fact is, while stat sheets tell you something about a player, to get a true view of a player you need to look at their stats AND see their play with your own eyes. As has been stated before, NBA teams have scouts for a reason. If your theory held true then teams wouldn't even bother with scouts, they'd just check the box score on yahoo.com. Besides, this leads in to what I think is the other thing you were wrong about...

    Which is what makes a player special. Sorry, but stats don't make a player special. What makes a player special is the drive to succeed, to always make themself better. The great players would never have been so great if they weren't constantly working on their game, trying to improve, and laying it out on the line. Does a stat sheet tell you that a player played through flu-like symptoms and managed to score 38 points and lead the team? No, chances are the stats just had their numbers. Does a stat sheet tell you that a player added something to their game over the summer which makes them harder to stop? No, it certainly doesn't.

    The point I'm trying to make is, while stats are useful, they are just a TOOL. Nothing can or will replace seeing a player in person and finding out about their character. I'd rather get a player that is only average at the moment but has the drive to become a superstar and the talent to pull it off. Stats can't tell you what a player can accomplish, it only tells you what they have accomplished.

  8. #58
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Too bad he's just not getting the fact that we're trying to help him stop embarassing himself all the time.
    Embarrassing himself?


    I don't mean to pick on you, Jay, so hopefully this doesn't sound too personal, but goodness gracious sakes alive, if you want a place where everyone is going to agree with you, startup a blog. This isn't "Statistics Digest" and its not "We Actually Watch The Friggin Games Digest". Its Pacers Digest and we've got Pacers fans from all points on the spectrum.




    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  9. #59
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  10. #60
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    You know, I was looking at Mo Pete's player file on NBA.com and thinking "Hmm, that wouldn't be the worst thing we could get...". Then I envisioned Ron Artest on that same Toronto playerfile and then immediately heard Larry the Cable Guy say "Git-er Done!". I had to laugh, because those were my thoughts exactly.

  11. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,180

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Man, that'd be great if this trade was true. I've got tickets to the Pistons-Raptors game on December 27th, 5 rows from the floor center court. That'd be awesome if that was Artest's return to the Palace.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  12. #62
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, that'd be great if this trade was true. I've got tickets to the Pistons-Raptors game on December 27th, 5 rows from the floor center court. That'd be awesome if that was Artest's return to the Palace.
    Hold on to your beer...

  13. #63
    1..2..3.. lil old blue sportsmusicxboxpacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    indy baby!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    no deal draft pick is nice but i dont like it

  14. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,180

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hold on to your beer...
    I'll stay off the floor too.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  15. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Age
    28
    Posts
    846

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would they even need to see stats? After seeing my amazing first step or awesome ability to hit wide open 23" jumpers I'm sure they'd snatch me right up.
    I think that almost anyone can hit the 23 inch jumper...so your not that special.

  16. #66
    Diesel_81
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't we just trade Ron for Toronto's 2007 pick unprotected?






    I was thinking the same exact thing. This draft is not very deep at all and lacks star power in my opinion.

  17. #67
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,779

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please explain. Because I see him as the EXACT opposite.



    Why stop at Villanueva? What about Bosh!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Apolgies, I may have mistaken MoPete for another former Raptor...

    he just burnt me last year in my fantasy league so i have a bias towards him, he was suposed to be my last round savour...

    We are not going to get Bosh, jeeesh I prefer Wade anyways....


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  18. #68
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Saw the trade in a Sportsline article, so either someone's stealing ideas from someone else, or there's something to it.

    IndyToad
    The redneck reindeer

  19. #69
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    You know rscarey NSeth it could be that one eye on stats and
    the other on the player would be best policy. Are you guys going
    to the next forum party? We could put it on paper view.

  20. #70
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    well give Blahzay some props.. looks like story was legit...

    You can add Toronto to the list of rumoured destinations for Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest.

    A rumour making the rounds last night had the Pacers badboy and second-round pick Erazem Lorbek going to the Raptors for Morris Peterson, another roster player (potentially Matt Bonner) and a first-round pick in 2006.

    The salaries are close enough for a potential deal. Peterson and Bonner make a combined $6.3 million US, while Artest, who demanded a trade earlier this week, makes $6.8 million. Teams can trade players signed during the off-season (as was Bonner) beginning today.

    Lorbek is playing professionally in Italy.

    Pacers general manager Donnie Walsh has said he is going to insist on a trade that makes sense in the long-term.

    Raptors GM Rob Babcock has said he would move a first-round pick (the team has two next year) if he could improve his club.

    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball...54171-sun.html

    Why Not Us ?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •