Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 70

Thread: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

  1. #26
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't really watched much of Bonner, but I heard he's Cro-esque. Is he better or worse?
    Top 3 shooter in the league - bar none. Just an amazing spot-up shooter. He's one of those guys that, as soon as he starts his shooting approach, you fully expect the ball to go in.

    Outside of spot-up shooting, you can't really depend on this guy for much. He's not a good defender, and can't create his own shot worth a damn. He's just an amazing, amazing shooter.

    He also works his tail off every night, and gets you some offensive rebounds and hustle plays that don't show up on the box score. He has that Foster-mentality about him.

    That goes along with character - and you can't ask for better character than what Mo Pete and Bonner bring to the table.

  2. #27
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,930

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is Babcock first and foremost. He definitely has the most say in any decision, and takes full responsibility for any moves/picks/signings he has done up to this point. He is at the helm, and his word goes.

    His right-hand man is Wayne Embry, but the two of them see eye-to-eye on everything.

    Either way, Babcock's contract is coming to an end within the next year. I know there are a lot of people at this point who would be willing to just let him go, but I could see him taking the risk on Artest to prove that "he's worthy".

    And for the reasons btown pointed out, among others this deal just makes a lot of sense from both sides.

    Babcock seems to have this stereotypical view of Canadians as wanting all their guys to be "rock-solid, aggressive, hockey players" pretty much. That was why he took Rafael Araujo (or part of the reason). I betcha he thinks Ron would instantly gain the crowd's respect in Toronto and bring out some more fans.

    Along with that, I bet you anything that Sam Mitchell wants Ron Artest. I guarantee that.
    I actually meant ownership wise. Somebody's asleep at the wheel there.

    You're right, Sam would love Ronnie.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  3. #28

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Can someone describe Mo Pete's game, I'm afraid I havent paid much attention to him since he was a Mich St. Is he a good defender? Is he just a typical streaky 6'7 atheltic small forward? Attitude?

  4. #29
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually meant ownership wise. Somebody's asleep at the wheel there.

    You're right, Sam would love Ronnie.
    Oh, you mean Richard Peddie.

    He doesn't care about basketball.

    He's a Leafs man 24/7.

  5. #30
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,991

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do the Raptors have more than 1 first round pick in 2006? That would help to clear up the question of whether or not we're getting a lottery pick.

    If they're pick is out of the top 16, then Charlette gets it.

  6. #31
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,738

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do the Raptors have more than 1 first round pick in 2006? That would help to clear up the question of whether or not we're getting a lottery pick.
    Apparently, they have a 1st rounder from Denver.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  7. #32
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by RSmits
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone describe Mo Pete's game, I'm afraid I havent paid much attention to him since he was a Mich St. Is he a good defender? Is he just a typical streaky 6'7 atheltic small forward? Attitude?
    Great attitude. There is nothing to worry about in that department. The dude put up with Vince for several years, after all.

    Is he a good defender? I'd say he's good. Nothing spectacular, but he works hard on the defensive end. He is one of the best at taking charges for sure, and he has relatively quick feet so he can play some pretty good 1-on-1 defense. He's also good at pulling the chair on people. I think he's good, but no one will ever compare to Ronnie. Another benefit is that he's 6'7, which is not small by any means.

    He can run off screens very well. This is the part of his game which has impressed me most from this year. Sam has a couple plays where Araujo or Bosh set the screen underneath the basket, and Mo Pete curls up for that 15-20 foot jumper and it's a great shot every time.

    Spot up shooting beyond 3point land (especially the corner/pocket 3) = money!!! Very good shooter - he just has excellent form. He's not that bad at creating either (dribble and pull-up).

    Mo Pete can also be a very good slasher when called upon to do so. I have never seen a player hit so many crazy shots around the basket outside of Dwyane Wade perhaps. If coach just keeps on him to slash, he will do it, and can do it effectively.

    Clutch - Mo Pete is very clutch.

  8. #33
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,009

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe Blahzay (or more specifically his source) called us landing Sarunas before ESPN announced it, btw.

    I'd be happy with this. Nothing outstanding, but at the same time I don't feel violated.
    I believe Blahzay says it's not the same source. Post#24, http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129667

    Quote} "I know Foretaz. No worries, I hear ya, you know I just like to share decent info when I hear it. I'll never call it concrete, especially in this case. With the Saras call I was much, much closer to the source than in this case but when I heard this one it sounded legit and the guy that told me is pretty close to a couple of people in the Raps org., that I know for sure so I thought I'd put it out here."

  9. #34
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    19,991

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Also, Rudy Gay is slotted at #4 in mockdrafts. That's actually after the Tor. pick, and he has serious upside.

  10. #35
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,529

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    We talk... and Ron waits...

    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  11. #36
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently, they have a 1st rounder from Denver.
    Shade is correct

    Toronto receives a 2006 Denver Nuggets first-round pick (Vince Carter trade 121704) Via New Jersey. [New Jersey Nets receives a 2006 Denver first-round pick (Kenyon Martin 071504)

    Why Not Us ?


  12. #37
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,009

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do the Raptors have more than 1 first round pick in 2006? That would help to clear up the question of whether or not we're getting a lottery pick.
    From RealGM http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

    Raptors draft picks

    2005 first round draft pick from Philadelphia
    Toronto is owed a future first-round pick by the Philadelphia 76ers. Top-8 protected in 2005, top-5 protected in 2006, unprotected in 2007. If Toronto has to wait until 2007 to receive the pick, they also get Philadelphia's second-round picks in 2008 and 2009. This pick was originally traded to Denver as part of the James Posey three-way deal. 12/18/2002. Denver later traded this pick to New Jersey as part of the Kenyon Martin deal. 7/15/2004. New Jersey traded this pick to Toronto as part of the Vince Carter trade. 12/17/04.


    2006 first round draft pick from Denver
    Toronto is owed a future first-round pick from Denver. Top-5 protected in 2006, top-2 protected in 2007, unprotected in 2008. This pick was originally traded to New Jersey in the Kenyon Martin deal. 6/15/2004. New Jersey traded this pick to Toronto as part of the Vince Carter trade. 12/17/04.

    Debits

    2005 first round draft pick to Charlotte
    Charlotte is owed a future first-round pick from Toronto. In 2005 it is top-17 protected. Thereafter, it is reportedly top-14 protected through 2008 and unprotected in 2009. This pick was first traded on 9/25/02 to Cleveland in the Lamond Murray deal and then to Charlotte for Alexsander Pavolovic. 6/23/2004


    2005 second round draft pick to Orlando
    Orlando has the option to swap second-round picks with Toronto in 2005. Orlando obtained this right as part of the Robert Archibald deal.1/2/2004

  13. #38
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    ok..

    Toronto owns it's 2006 first round pick if that pick isn't higher than 16th, otherwise it is transferred to Charlotte via Cleveland from the Lamond Murray for Michael Stewart trade. Toronto's pick is top-15 protected in 2007, top-14 (lottery) protected in 2008, and unprotected in 2009.

    - Toronto owns Denver's 2006 first round pick if that pick isn't better than 6th overall, otherwise it is retained by Denver. The pick is top-2 protected in 2007, meaning that Toronto gets it unless it is first or second overall. The pick is unprotected for 2008.
    http://www.basketballboards.net/foru...d.php?t=193970

    Why Not Us ?


  14. #39
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,738

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Even the Raps fans are a bit confused about their draft pick status.

    From what I can tell, Charlotte owns the rights to the Raptors' 1st round pick next year IF Toronto makes the playoffs, and that restriction decreases with each subsequent passing year (Top 16 protected first year, lottery-protected the second year, etc.). However, that really complicates things if the Raps trade us the pick then make the playoffs ( ), as Charlotte would own the pick. Or, at least, that's what I'm reading.

    My head hurts.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

  15. #40

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    So how can the Raptors say they have two picks when it's virtually guaranteed that their own pick is going to Charlotte?

  16. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    8,898

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by RSmits
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how can the Raptors say they have two picks when it's virtually guaranteed that their own pick is going to Charlotte?
    If you think Toronto's making the playoffs this season then let's talk real estate.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  17. #42

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by RSmits
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how can the Raptors say they have two picks when it's virtually guaranteed that their own pick is going to Charlotte?
    Toronto owns its own pick if they are in the lottery (top 14 protected), if Wil's real gm info is right.

    That's a lock.

    there may be hope
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  18. #43
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,780

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    I doubt a trade will happen with Toronto, and i'm no fan of Mo, he's a bit of a cancer by all accounts, if we get Egg Head Villy and a draft pick, then I'll be happy


    but i doubt any trade will happen with them, what was there responce after the Tony Davis trade.....

    Warriors, Sixers, Hawks, Maybe the Clippers & Wild Card Mavs are my front runners...

    I really like the Mavs might make a play, after there failed Christie incident, they have a couple attractive swingman DW might be intrested in

    A Danials/Howard and Mbenga trade seems to work for both parties


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  19. #44
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,683

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Toronto owns its own pick if they are in the lottery (top 14 protected), if Wil's real gm info is right.

    That's a lock.

    there may be hope
    And if Artest gets them to the playoffs, it will be adding insult to injury.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  20. #45
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt a trade will happen with Toronto, and i'm no fan of Mo, he's a bit of a cancer by all accounts
    Please explain. Because I see him as the EXACT opposite.

    Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!!
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if we get Egg Head Villy and a draft pick, then I'll be happy
    Why stop at Villanueva? What about Bosh!!!!!!!!!!!!

  21. #46

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    According to earlier posts, Toronto owns the pick if it IS NOT higher than 16th.

    Since it is going to be higher than 16th, they don't own it.

    That's what I was basing it on. Now Real GM is saying it is top-17 protected, which is a big difference obviously.

  22. #47
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Top 3 shooter in the league - bar none. Just an amazing spot-up shooter. He's one of those guys that, as soon as he starts his shooting approach, you fully expect the ball to go in.

    Outside of spot-up shooting, you can't really depend on this guy for much. He's not a good defender, and can't create his own shot worth a damn. He's just an amazing, amazing shooter.

    He also works his tail off every night, and gets you some offensive rebounds and hustle plays that don't show up on the box score. He has that Foster-mentality about him.

    That goes along with character - and you can't ask for better character than what Mo Pete and Bonner bring to the table.
    Dude, honestly, would you do some research before you post things like this? Matt Bonner is a 35.6% 3 point shooter, If that's the "tops" in the league then "the league" must be the Red Headed Guys Who Play In The NBA Association.
    Yes, he's a better shooter then Brian Scalabrine, I'll give you that, But he's not even top-30 of 3 point shooters.

  23. #48
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, honestly, would you do some research before you post things like this? Matt Bonner is a 35.6% 3 point shooter, If that's the "tops" in the league then "the league" must be the Red Headed Guys Who Play In The NBA Association.
    Yes, he's a better shooter then Brian Scalabrine, I'll give you that, But he's not even top-30 of 3 point shooters.
    Dude, could you not present misleading information like that, and maybe provide what his first year's 3 point % was last year, for an entire season? .424% you say? Well, what did he shoot from the field last year for the entire season? .533% you say? Okay, thanks.

    If you've watched them play this year, the reason for Bonner's comparitvely lower percentages is because Sam Mitchell is using him a lot more on the floor then he did last year. He's also being asked to do things on the offense that he's not used to, and being placed in some 1-on-1 situations which is just stupid. If he was used as he should be - a spot-up shooter, lower minutes (energy guy), his percentages would be just back to where they were last year.

    EDIT: Are NBA.com player profiles your only connection/association to the NBA?

  24. #49
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude, could you not present misleading information like that, and maybe provide what his first year's 3 point % was last year, for an entire season? .424% you say? Well, what did he shoot from the field last year for the entire season? .533% you say? Okay, thanks.

    If you've watched them play this year, the reason for Bonner's comparitvely lower percentages is because Sam Mitchell is using him a lot more on the floor then he did last year. He's also being asked to do things on the offense that he's not used to, and being placed in some 1-on-1 situations which is just stupid. If he was used as he should be - a spot-up shooter, lower minutes (energy guy), his percentages would be just back to where they were last year.

    EDIT: Are NBA.com player profiles your only connection/association to the NBA?
    He was a great shooter last year. Not the best, but very good. This year, he's a so-so shooter. You can't just dismiss this year, just like I can;t dismiss last year. For his career he's a 51/40/80 shooter. Very good, possibly the highest 3% for any PF in the league, but far from the "top 3 point shooter in the league - bar none" that you claimed he was.
    And by the way, your excuse makes it sound as if he can only hit the wide open shot? Well wow, I think even *I'm* a great shooter then. Maybe I should go tryput for an NBA team?

  25. #50
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Toronto /Pacer rumor courtest of Blahzay (RATS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This year, he's a so-so shooter. You can't just dismiss this year, just like I can;t dismiss last year.
    Look, I give up. As Jay said in the Pietrus thread - you have to look beyond the stats. I already explained the REASONING behind his poor shooting percentages in my last post. That's the kind of information you get from watching a player play instead of reading numbers all day long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And by the way, your excuse makes it sound as if he can only hit the wide open shot? Well wow, I think even *I'm* a great shooter then. Maybe I should go tryput for an NBA team?
    Um - if we were to have a shooting competition, what would it consist of? Taking spot-up shots - much like the 3 point competition. Aren't you one of Saras' biggest fans? He's pretty good at hitting open jump shots too, isn't he?

    And why bother trying out for an NBA team? You might as well just send an E-Mail to the Pacers with your FT%, FG%, PPG, APG, RPG, etc. and they should be more than happy to take you on board, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •