View Poll Results: Would you be happy with an Al for Ron trade and why?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 60.56%
  • No

28 39.44%

Thread: Ron for Al - your vote

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ron for Al - your vote

My personal favorite for an Artest trade is Al for Ron. If you need to throw in Freddie, Johnson or Gill to make it work, then I am all for it. I don't want to see Foster, Granger or Tins go and obviously JO is out of the question.

Default Re: Ron for Al - your vote

I vote yes to the pre-knee injury AL, but NO to the post injury Al.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are other deals I'd like more (coughodomcough), but Al wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. He's already familiar with the system, is a solid defender, and a good offensive player. My only concern would be conflict between he and Jack on offense.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we'd just be renting him for the rest of the season because he would want to much money. If we could sign him reasonable or trade him for somebody else, I'd be for it.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I voted yes. I don't think you're going to get any better deal and Atlanta sucks so I would like to see Ron lose about 65 games a year.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Chemistry

And if you read that article from yesterday's Star it is obvious he regrets leaving. He would resign.
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

I'm just really worried that they might do something like the rasheed thing a few year back. I dont want them to keep ron for a few weeks then trade him to a contender. I'd rather have a three-team deal. A NY trade involving Ron to NY, Steph to Atlanta, and Al to Indy makes sense (with some fillers) but I'm fairly sure Walsh won't be that nice to Ronnie.

I voted Yes...

I would be much happier with other trades, but I'd be happy with pretty much any deal right about now...

Pacesetter

I voted Yes, but that's because of loyalty I still have for Big Al. That won't ever change. I do however believe that if we got Channing Frye or Chris Bosh or someone else of that particular caliber, it might help us out alot in the long run, but there again, Al is also still developing and his leadership in the locker room would be tremendous.

I really like Al. However, I would rather give minutes to Granger than play Al. The two players are too close position wise.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Sports Logo

I went with a "No" depending on if we are able to pry Pietrus away from the Warriors. I want a solid SG/SF that can defend the likes of Rip and Wade.

If that can't happen....then I wouldn't object to Harrington returning to the Pacers. I'm more concerned about whether Walsh/Bird will resign him next season.....and what that means for Granger and where he fits in the lineup. Based off of your comments.....I think that he would be a good locker room guy....which is something we need now.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If Al wants to come back, why trade for him at midseason when we can just sign him in the off-season?

And don't we have a lot of congestion at PF? Or is Ron a 3 full time? And would he be any better than Granger?

Finally, I just have a whole lot of resistance to bringing back former Pacers. I think we tend to overvalue them. They're gone. Get over it. (Yes, I know, bringing Jax and Dale back both worked out fine.)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Al wants to come back, why trade for him at midseason when we can just sign him in the off-season?
    Because having someone like Al now would increase our chances for a title this year and not put us in 'wait until next year mode'?

Of course, the best case scenario, if we want Al back, would be to deal Mo-Ron for someone else useful AND sign Al when he is a FA....

JMO

oh, and I voted yes, thus contradicting my own statement...do with that what you will.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

I'd be fine with getting Al back. He wouldn't be my first choice, since a) I don't think he can play the 3 anymore, and b) I fully expect he would pull a Dale and leave at the end of the year. However, he knows our system, is a good locker room presence, and at worst, we gain some cap space over the summer. I'm fine with that.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Pacerman157

a better trade is
    peja bonzi and first
    for
    ron stephen and johnson

stipo

Al needs the ball way too much. We already have the answer at the 3 with Granger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerman157
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    a better trade is
    peja bonzi and first
    for
    ron stephen and johnson
    I would take Peja if I HAD to, but Bonzi can stay....He was a dick when he was at Ball State...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

I want AL HERE

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No !!!!!

I have not forgotten the "Black Hole" !!!!

Gamble

IF those who voted yes dislike Jax because of his offensive struggles then
    please tell me why you would want AL back? I don't dislike him but
    to me he isn't enough to pull this team out of the funk.

Well maybe the Hawks should keep Al and Ron both. They along with Joe Johnson are hitting their prime. Donnie is interested in young players. The Hawks have young players and a lot of them. How long do the Hawks want to be dorrmats with young kids. What do y'all think of Josh smith?

Ron, Fred Jones for Josh Smith, Childress, and Delk. Not enough. Then ask for Salim Stoudamire too for next years number 1 and Anthony Johnson. Stoudamire was steal where they drafted him. They could probably use a number 1 since I think they the Suns one in the Joe johnson trade. I checked on realGM and most any of these scenarios work.

Foster, Harrison
    JO, Austin, Bender
    Granger, Josh Smith
    Jax, Childress, Stoudamire
    Tins, Sarunas, Stoudamire