Thread: Ron is broke?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Ron is broke?

Interesting post from a person on his message board:

http://www.ronartest.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=88

Let's all stop for a moment and look at this man named Ron Artest
    he is 26 with 4 children and almost broke!
    yeah he was a math major but he still can not hold on to a dime.
    Now he has a bunch of fools around him tellin him "hey Ronnie you can Rap, let's make a CD". "Hey Ronnie you can sell a line of clothing, just give me the money I will make it happen".
    This man named Ron Artest could not even come up with $250.000 down payment on a house on the north side ( my friend was in competion with him for the house). He will be broke and livin on welfare in 10 years.
    Any bets?
    Any one care?
    I know I sure as hell don't
    Let his hommies take care of him!
    bye ron, thanks for playin and as a departing gift here is this HAM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Ron is broke?

Always credible to rely on unsubstanciated internet rumors by annonymous "sources"....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always credible to rely on unsubstanciated internet rumors by annonymous "sources"....
    Didn't say I was relying on it, but I thought it interesting enough to post for dissection.

OK - that changes my mind about him. I think we should all pitch in to help.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Agreed.

Sincerely,

Rebraca uses steroids.

I see us packaging Ron's broke *** with that drunkard Foster. Explains why Jeff is still in Ron's corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Agreed.

Sincerely,

Rebraca uses steroids.
    I missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt

Don't hate.

That was funny, Never had seen that before. Damn funny sir! Wish it had someone jumping off a cliff.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    I missed that one.

I made a report a while ago that Rebraca used steroids in Europe, and that's what is causing his heart issues now.

Of course, nevermind that I HAD very legit information, but I probably shouldn't have brought it up, because the Zelly fan club asked for proof, and I can't really expose my sources.

That said, if I'm ever brought into court and asked to testify, I'm sticking by my story.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I made a report a while ago that Rebraca used steroids in Europe, and that's what is causing his heart issues now.

Of course, nevermind that I HAD very legit information, but I probably shouldn't have brought it up, because the Zelly fan club asked for proof, and I can't really expose my sources.
    Oh...

While I don't know if not coming up with a quarter million for a down-payment would qualify as "broke" (I couldn't do that and I don't think I'm broke) Ron can't be sitting too pretty in NBA terms.

Frex, in the 2003-03 season he had a bunch of fines and suspensions and had to pay MSG for a $150,000 camera he trashed - and that was when he was still on his rookie deal, making around a million. I thought that after taxes he might become the first NBA player ever haveing a negative net income for the year.

Two years ago he made his 5 million - and got into the music business. I don't know how much scratch that took but figure he had about 3 million or a little more to work with after taxes.

Last season he was paid for 9 games - was he fined over and above the 73-game suspension?

So while I doubt he's technically broke, he probably isn't real flush.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    While I don't know if not coming up with a quarter million for a down-payment would qualify as "broke" (I couldn't do that and I don't think I'm broke) Ron can't be sitting too pretty in NBA terms.

Frex, in the 2003-03 season he had a bunch of fines and suspensions and had to pay MSG for a $150,000 camera he trashed - and that was when he was still on his rookie deal, making around a million. I thought that after taxes he might become the first NBA player ever haveing a negative net income for the year.

Two years ago he made his 5 million - and got into the music business. I don't know how much scratch that took but figure he had about 3 million or a little more to work with after taxes.

Last season he was paid for 9 games - was he fined over and above the 73-game suspension?

So while I doubt he's technically broke, he probably isn't real flush.
    Very true. Hasn't he also been fined as a Pacer? Didn't he have to pay for the camera he trashed here? How about court costs in his defense trial from the brawl?

I suppose it all adds up pretty quickly. Though it's not like he can renegotiate his contract for another couple years, anyway.

Hmm whether he is poor or rich, it aint my business, but what I DO know is that the salary they get in just that, base salary for the year, fines can be levied based upon that.
    BUT...... (isn't there always) there are substantial bonusses for; being on the All Star team, becoming DPOY, and whatever other accolades he got, also bonus for team results as in ranking at end of year, 1st round playoffs, second round, ECF and Finals.
    In all the bonusses can reach anywhere from 10% to 100% of the base salary.

That is of course without income from appearances and other "side" jobs.

not counting endorsements, free wheels and clothing via that, and a lot more "perks".

And not coughing up 250 K downpayment can also mean that one is less interested in a property then others make it be, or his name is "used" by the vendor.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

That said, if I'm ever brought into court and asked to testify, I'm sticking by my story.
    Honestly, do you not see the parallels? You are some guy on the internet claiming you have "sources" that you "won't" divuldge.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was broke...He kinda deserves it for being so dumb with money...

Didn't he break Jordan's ribs in a scrimmage when he was with the Bulls because Jordan was making fun of him being broke?

Gotta look at the fact that he applied for a part time job at Circuit City so he could get the 10% employee discount as pretty good evidence that he has been broke for a while.

If he wasn't such an ***, I might feel sorry for him.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was broke...He kinda deserves it for being so dumb with money...

Didn't he break Jordan's ribs in a scrimmage when he was with the Bulls because Jordan was making fun of him being broke?
    True.

Gotta look at the fact that he applied for a part time job at Circuit City so he could get the 10% employee discount as pretty good evidence that he has been broke for a while.
    Also true.

If he wasn't such an ***, I might feel sorry for him.
    Not very nice, but true.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I'm not sure if he's broke, but he sure seems defective.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    Not very nice, but true.
    Yeah, you're right...

[sigh]
    I almost left that part off, but I'm still hurt.....[sniff, sniff]

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    I'm not sure if he's broke, but he sure seems defective.
    HEHE

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Very true. Hasn't he also been fined as a Pacer? Didn't he have to pay for the camera he trashed here? How about court costs in his defense trial from the brawl?

I suppose it all adds up pretty quickly. Though it's not like he can renegotiate his contract for another couple years, anyway.
    Yeah - and I forgot to add in child support payments - those go up with his salary. I don't have a clue how many little Ronnie's there are running wround in the world.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I bet you he will end up on welfare

[quote=Shade]I see us packaging Ron's broke *** with that drunkard Foster. Explains why Jeff is still in Ron's corner.

DID FOSTER RUN OVER YOUR DOG]

[QUOTE=USB]
    I see us packaging Ron's broke *** with that drunkard Foster. Explains why Jeff is still in Ron's corner.

DID FOSTER RUN OVER YOUR DOG]
    No, but he was on his way to Austin Croshere's mansion to deliver a pizza, and saw Jeff Foster lying passed out and naked in his driveway, with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a bottle of tequila in his hand. Upon arriving at Croshere's palace, it turns out Croshere tips with nickels out of a smelly old sock. You get 1 nickel for slow/bad service, 2 nickels for average service, and 3 nickels if you did an amazing job.

Did I get them all? Any other Pacers players urban legends I forgot?

[quote=Eindar]
    Quote Originally Posted by USB

No, but he was on his way to Austin Croshere's mansion to deliver a pizza, and saw Jeff Foster lying passed out and naked in his driveway, with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a bottle of tequila in his hand. Upon arriving at Croshere's palace, it turns out Croshere tips with nickels out of a smelly old sock. You get 1 nickel for slow/bad service, 2 nickels for average service, and 3 nickels if you did an amazing job.

Did I get them all? Any other Pacers players urban legends I forgot?

Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Originally Posted by Kstat
    Man, you're killing me. LOL This is very funny stuff.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.