What I'm thinking about is should Donnie make a decision quickly, as in by the end of this week? Or should he wait, in essence try to increase his value by waiting until next week?
I think that it would be very risky for the Pacers to wait and get a job done. IMO, as time goes on, stories will start to surface about some of the stupid things that Ron has done in the past that we were never aware of.
As a matter of fact, people are starting to drop hints that there could've been a locker room fallout between JO and Artest. Didn't Artest say in a hip hop magazine article that on the Pacers most of his teammates didn't really care about his Rap ventures. Maybe this could've been a problem.
I really don't know what all has happened over the past 3 seasons but it's pretty clear that most people in the know believe that Ron was coddled and given more chances than most by the Pacers. Reggie's comment that if Ron couldn't "succeed with the Pacers he can't succeed anywhere," and Rod Thorn alluding to other issues within the lockerroom scaring him away from Artest could lend a little credence to this argument.
Mainly my questions have to do with the belief that stories will begin to leak if this situation drags on, further lowering his value. Right now (meaning today) might be the best opportunity to get the most value for Ron because it seems that a lot of people don't quite know how much of a nutcase Ron is. Especially the fans and players of other teams (except Detroit and Chicago of course).
Am I off-base on this? Am I just being paranoid? Is sooner-than-later a good motive for getting a trade done?