Thread: Artest for Randolph?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Artest for Randolph?

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...with_his_star/

McMillan At Odds With His Star
    14th December, 2005 - 2:20 am
    The Oregonian - Personnel decisions are ahead for the Trail Blazers' brain trust, and if coach Nate McMillan has any say, one of the decisions will be on forward Zach Randolph.

Decisions, as in: Can Randolph play for McMillan?

Or: Do the Blazers go to another plan and build around a different player?

McMillan's stunningly hard stance was revealed Tuesday when he was asked to evaluate his team after the first 20 games of this season. McMillan wanted nothing to do with talk about wins and losses, the team's style of play, or its inexperience.

Instead, McMillan said the team's "attitude" -- not pressing roster concerns or the team's 6-14 record -- was the most relevant topic. Certain players on the team are too selfish, not committed to the professional game, and don't play hard enough during games, he said.

"You've got to have the attitude that you want to be here, and if you don't, then when you are here, you work while you are here to make this club a better team," McMillan said. "So, do the things you are supposed to. Be where you are supposed to be, when you are supposed to be there. And when you are out on the floor, give 100 percent, and when things aren't going right, look at yourself first."

The topics point directly at Randolph, who at least three times this season has been tardy to team functions, at times gone through the motions on the court, and recently, expressed indifference -- at best -- about his desire to play in Portland any longer.

The latter came after Sunday's game against Houston, when Randolph was asked if he wanted to be here.

He chuckled.

"They pay me a lotta money," Randolph said.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Artest for Randolph?

Horrible idea IMO. Trading one nut for another.

I hate Randolph's game... he's not athletic, and if his shot is off then you're in for a horrible game with him. Plus, he plays JO's position. Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't read in that article where they mentioned Ron Artest. Is this just an idea?

Artest could totally lead Santa's sleigh ... Oh wait, you said Randolph.

NO

Donnie won't take any troubled players period.

Thumbs down Re: Artest for Randolph?

NOOOOO!!!

Just like Ron to NYC,, It may cause more problems having Randolph back in his old stomping grounds..

I also have to atleast wonder . Do you think Donnie and Larry feel a little Snakebit on taking gambles on greater talented players with the proverbial baggage .. ? Or do they consider Artest and perhaps a few others, just isolated instances and will continue to try and get the best player regardless of what may come with them ?

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jasikevicius fan3
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't read in that article where they mentioned Ron Artest. Is this just an idea?
    I'm just throwing this out there because I seem to recall some interest in Randolph in the past on here. I'm not a fan myself, but I wanted to see what others think of the possiblity.

I don't want that drugged out pain in the *** on the pacers if it can be avoided. That would be a bad deal.

Not appealing for the obvious character issues, unless all other deals break through and we are chosing among Michael Doleac, Derek Fisher, Brian Scalabrine, and Zach Randolph.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

The guy is like Artest....he's a headcase waiting to happen. If you take away his attitude....he has solid skills as a PF....more along the lines of Troy Murphy...a double double guy that doesn't really do to much other then rebound and score.

But he has this attitude ( because he is essentially the best player the Blazers have ) that he deserves more then he is entitled to.

I say we pass......
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

BOOOOO
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Gamble

Can't say i would want to play for the Trail Blazers either. Losing alot
    does have an affect on people and coaches when their jobs are on the
    line.