Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And here come the trade rumors!1!!1!

Default And here come the trade rumors!1!!1!

As if we need anymore speculation- http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ors/index.html

According to a Pacers source, the team fully expects Isiah Thomas to make a run at Ron Artest. Whether the Knicks president can make a deal is another matter. Quentin Richardson's salary roughly matches Artest's $6.5 million, but Indiana would surely prefer Sacramento's Peja Stojakovic, whose name has come up in Artest rumors. Cleveland and Miami are other possibilities; Artest said he "wouldn't mind" coming off of the bench behind LeBron James. -- New York Daily News

Feel free to delete if already posted on here.
    -J

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: And here come the trade rumors!1!!1!

I'll pass on Q if I were management if only to prevent IT from getting close to having a talented "team" with a good coach, I don't want to see that and I don't expect to see that unless they start throwing in Frye then MAYBE it changes things. I expect to see him in the east and on a middle/average team at best.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

please tell me we can do better than Q.

Wow, that's just plain wrong. Doesn't the guy understand the Pacers would never give Ron the satisfaction of going there or give Miami or Cleveland the satisfaction of having him.....unless of course they got Lebron or Wade back.

I thought it was strange they listed Miami as a possible option, yeah Artest for Jason Williams straight-up, maybe we can throw in Tinsley and get Antoine Walker too!!!!

-J

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we traded with the Knicks, Channing Frye would be the minimum.

We wouldn't send Artest to Cleveland, they are an up and coming team. And we sure as hell wouldn't give him to the Heat, not unless Wade was coming back in return. And that sure as hell isn't happening.

I'd say the only EC teams we might deal with would be Toronto, Atlanta, and the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by masobczyk
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is the very real possibility that if the Pacers are looking to do a one for one deal then the best we can hope for is us sending Artest where we'd prefer he be and getting a returning player with a pulse.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by beast23
    If we traded with the Knicks, Channing Frye would be the minimum.

We wouldn't send Artest to Cleveland, they are an up and coming team. And we sure as hell wouldn't give him to the Heat, not unless Wade was coming back in return. And that sure as hell isn't happening.

I'd say the only EC teams we might deal with would be Toronto, Atlanta, and the Knicks.
    I think you have to include Orlando in here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it says a lot about the reasons Ron wanting out saying he'd like to SIT behind LeBron considering he'd be next to Mike Brown......

Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by masobczyk
    What if they throw in Brandy to seal the deal? Still no?
    just checking...

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    I think it says a lot about the reasons Ron wanting out saying he'd like to SIT behind LeBron considering he'd be next to Mike Brown......

Just an observation.
    I don't think it said anything at all. He also said coming into the season he could lose his starting role to Danny Granger here.

His comment about Cleveland, IMHO, was just babbling. He knows Lebron is a hot NBA item and it popped into his head to mention Cleveland.

You could be right but I'd be careful trying to read too much into Ron's thought processes. It's much like the search to find Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster... Lots of people have tried but no one has ever accomplished the task.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    I think you have to include Orlando in here.
    Stevie Franchise!!

Also include teams like Philly, who should be better than they are but aren't...

Yep I have saying that. Orlando is possible.

Why Not Us ?

My gut feeling is that he goes to New York. But I don't see a good fit coming back.

I think it will be a 3 way trade, so somebody hop over to RealGM to work it out.

Frankly I would like to get a SG more than a SF, but beggars, I suppose, can't be choosers.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I don't think it said anything at all. He also said coming into the season he could lose his starting role to Danny Granger here.

His comment about Cleveland, IMHO, was just babbling. He knows Lebron is a hot NBA item and it popped into his head to mention Cleveland.

You could be right but I'd be careful trying to read too much into Ron's thought processes. It's much like the search to find Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster... Lots of people have tried but no one has ever accomplished the task.

-Bball

Agreed that no one should try to understand what he actually thinks, but why throw out a team that he has no interest in. The whole point of this is to leave, and hopefully to a team that he would feel comfortable with.

If he's grumbling about RC, I think him saying he wants to go to Clev. says a lot about Mike Brown. He knows who he is, and how he coaches. He would have to have a very positive opinion of him to want to be put on his bench.

I'd HATE to see him team up with Clev. though. Like Mike would leave Ron on the bench and continue to start Eric Snow, when LeBron is more than capable of playing PG, and that's just a scary thought of having those two on the same team.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    My gut feeling is that he goes to New York. But I don't see a good fit coming back.

I think it will be a 3 way trade, so somebody hop over to RealGM to work it out.

Frankly I would like to get a SG more than a SF, but beggars, I suppose, can't be choosers.
    Right I had suggested something like
    Artest to NY
    Frye to Chi
    Deng to Ind

of course you have fill in the gaps ,but those are the major pieces

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grant

LB thinks Q is a SG. But I think he can do better - but maybe not from the Knicks.

First, Frye is off-limits after what he's shown so far. Well, it's Isiah so let me add, I think.

The deal would be Marbury for Ron, Tinsley and whatever contract the Pacers want to get rid of. Not sure Isiah would do that either because he and Marbury periodically engage in media lovefests. However it would give you one of the best penetrator-scorers in the league and a guy who's shown indications this year of playing defense. But it would also give you a monster contract and a player who hasn't really won anywhere he's been.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    LB thinks Q is a SG. But I think he can do better - but maybe not from the Knicks.

First, Frye is off-limits after what he's shown so far. Well, it's Isiah so let me add, I think.

The deal would be Marbury for Ron, Tinsley and whatever contract the Pacers want to get rid of. Not sure Isiah would do that either because he and Marbury periodically engage in media lovefests. However it would give you one of the best penetrator-scorers in the league and a guy who's shown indications this year of playing defense. But it would also give you a monster contract and a player who hasn't really won anywhere he's been.
    I can see the NY connection playing out here (with Tins and Artest both being from NY and Isiah having connections with these players) but I'm not convinced the Pacers would even want or consider a PG in return. SG, maybe...
    Center... certainly...
    SF... sure...

So, if the Knicks can offer something there then maybe something happens. Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere or look into a multi-team scenario.

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Just an observation.
    Great point. How does he "maximize his potential" sitting on the bench?

Just an observation.
    Oh yeah,he's be happy with that for about, oh, 19 games. THen he'd be demanding a trade.

Kestas

how is this different from a randomly picked post from these forums? somebody just came up with a few very primitive and obvious thoughts to keep readers entertained...

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick

LOL, I wouldn't give up Tinsely ALONE for Starbury! He's as big a waste of talent as Artest.

I still wouldn't trade him unless we get something we can clearly use. Let him be inactive all season if we can't. It's his fault for shooting his trade value down to an all-time low.

Having said that, I know I'm going to be very unhappy when the trade does go down and I see what we get.

Nate Robinson? Frye? I dunno.

What about Kirilenko from Utah?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness
    Nate Robinson? Frye? I dunno.

What about Kirilenko from Utah?
    What about keep on dreaming