View Poll Results: Sould we play all of the starters and go for Perfection?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

18 90.00%
  • NO!

2 10.00%

Thread: What do we do now?

Default What do we do now?

Now that we have clinched everything that matters, should we play everyone and go for perfection? Or rest the starters for the plafoffs?

I would like to see them go undefeated, but obivousally a Super Bowl is more important. So i'm torn. Today after seeing Peyton and Dallas get banged up I was like "bench 'em!" But now that they're ok i'm having other thoughts.

I will support Tony in whatever he does, I will also understand that many Colts fans won't. I'm sure that many fans will be attending their only game of the season either the Chargers or the Cards game. If I was in that position I would be extremely disappointed if I didn't get to see the starters. Hell i've been to every home game and i'll be disappointed if I make the 2 hr trip to indy just to watch a late season "pre-season" game.

So what are your thoughts?

Default Re: What do we do now?

I'd believe in playing the starters whether or not the Colts were undefeated. They're already getting a week off with the bye, too much more than that and the rust begins to set in. You don't want the Colts offense to look like it did at the beginning of the season again, do you? Injuries can happen anytime, anywhere - but history favors the assertive. Really, doesn't resting people for the playoffs go against the "focus only on the current game" philosophy anyway?

IndyToad
    Better tasting, less filling

i just want a ring...and for the next 2 weeks we have to play our starters because they have to stay in some kind of rythm...but i dont see the point of playing them against the cardinals...cuz our backups are probably better than their starters anyway

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dagrubbs
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i just want a ring...and for the next 2 weeks we have to play our starters because they have to stay in some kind of rythm...but i dont see the point of playing them against the cardinals...cuz our backups are probably better than their starters anyway
    If we play the starters and win the next 2, it would be crazy not to go for the last game.

I'm for rolling the dice and going for the prefect season. Regardless of what happens the rest of the regular season, God forbid, Manning could break his leg the first series of the playoffs. They just have to go out and play and not worry about injuries. JMHO.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You play games to win. If you have a chance at history go for it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    I'd believe in playing the starters whether or not the Colts were undefeated. They're already getting a week off with the bye, too much more than that and the rust begins to set in. You don't want the Colts offense to look like it did at the beginning of the season again, do you? Injuries can happen anytime, anywhere - but history favors the assertive. Really, doesn't resting people for the playoffs go against the "focus only on the current game" philosophy anyway?

IndyToad
    Better tasting, less filling
    Hell has officially frozen over. I agree with IndyToad.

Shade
    I need a shower

The question the Colts need to ask themselves is this.

If they were 12-1 and had just clinched Home field throughout, would they rest any players. If the answer is yes, then they need to rest. If the answer is no, then they need to play everyone. In other words the 16-0 perfect record should not be a factor in their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    Hell has officially frozen over. I agree with IndyToad.

Shade
    I need a shower
    I know, me too.

believe_in_blue
    out of hot water