Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also.....Charlotte is looking only for young players with reasonable contracts.

Actually... Ron does qualify... He is only 25 and has a VERY reasonable contract...

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    Cuz it won't happen.....the Cavs need a big man.
    What about salaries, would those be agreeable?

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by wooolus
    Gerald Wallace or Odom!???!??!? :drool
    My God some of these trade scenarios are stomache turning. Ron's trade value is higher than you people think, believe me. Walsh is one of the best GMs in the league, and I assure you he wont be ripped off, which is what 90% of these proposals are.

As for Gerald Wallace - he's interesting. He's not a great player like Ron is, but he's very good and only 23 which means there's a strong chance for greatness in the near future. An interesting thing about a deal with the Bobcats is, their owner, Robert Johnson, is also the founder of B.E.T. B.E.T is actually headquartered in Charlotte. With Ron wanting to be a parttime rapper/music producer/entertainer/whatever, that certainly makes for some very interesting thoughts.

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Pacesetter
    What about salaries, would those be agreeable?
    Nope. Z makes too much. We'd have to add more. There's a very easy to use trade checker up at http://realgm.com/src_tradechecker it's just point and click for the most part, and will take you maybe 30 seconds to figure out. But anyways, I dont think a deal with the Cavs will go down.
    (1) They're a division rival. No way do you trade with them unless your clearly getting the best end of the deal, and unless we get back LeBron or Hughes + another good player, we won't be getting the best end of a deal with them.
    (2) As for Ilgauskas, he's pretty aged (30 years, 6 months) and with his past injuries it''s very easy to see him completely breaking down any season now.
    (3) He's not that good anyways. Yeah, he's got some offensive talent, but defensively and rebounding-wise, Foster is the superior player. I'd rather keep Foster starting at center and trade for a very good perimeter player than trade Ron for an aged center.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    My God some of these trade scenarios are stomache turning. Ron's trade value is higher than you people think, believe me. Walsh is one of the best GMs in the league, and I assure you he wont be ripped off, which is what 90% of these proposals are.

As for Gerald Wallace - he's interesting. He's not a great player like Ron is, but he's very good and only 23 which means there's a strong chance for greatness in the near future. An interesting thing about a deal with the Bobcats is, their owner, Robert Johnson, is also the founder of B.E.T. B.E.T is actually headquartered in Charlotte. With Ron wanting to be a parttime rapper/music producer/entertainer/whatever, that certainly makes for some very interesting thoughts.
    Hey Seth,

Note that not all of the trades proposed are serious and most would require us getting several key players / considerations... the fact is that some teams don't match our trade needs or have a suitable talent that we can trade Ron for...

I find Odom and Wallace to be fair trades... even in the case of Wallace though, I think we should try to get more...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Frisbee
    Actually... Ron does qualify... He is only 25 and has a VERY reasonable contract...
    I'd actually feel bad sending Ron to the Bobcats. No, not for Ron, but the Bobcats. They have a lot of young up and coming players over there, and I wouldn't want Ron screwing with their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    I'm not a big fan of Odom but he is a quality guy. He doesn't seem
    to have helped the Lakers but less would be required of him here.

I hear it's because he's frustrated and doesn't understand the Triangle offense.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan.
    I'd actually feel bad sending Ron to the Bobcats. No, not for Ron, but the Bobcats. They have a lot of young up and coming players over there, and I wouldn't want Ron screwing with their heads.
    Very true... very true...

I actually think that Ron really likes younger guys and could be a big help to him, look how he treats Danny and Sarunas.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

Do Not Trade Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

I'm in the process of reading thru the message of other teams now... Here are some interesting trades/thoughts:

Atlanta - Al for Ron (usually in a 3-way trade, but some actually want Ron... )
    THis is a funny one:
    Artest to NY, Harrington to Ind., Frye and Marbury to Atlanta

Or, Artest to NY, Harrington to Ind., Frye and Andre Miller to Atlanta, QRich, Lee, and Lue to Denver

Boston - No good trades seen.

Chicago - Most involve Gordon+_ for Artest

Cleveland - Consensus is that they'd do any of these trades (or, it seems, any trade not involving Lebron... they really want Ron but find it unlikely since they are in the same division):

1.) gooden/donyell/luke for artest and fred jones (to make salaries match)

2.) Cleveland Trades:
    Drew Gooden 6-10 PF from Kansas
    Luke Jackson 6-7 SF from Oregon
    Aleksandar Pavlovic 6-7 SG from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)

Indiana Trades:
    Ron Artest 6-7 SF from St. John's

3.) Ron Artest and Austin Croshere

Pacers receive:
    Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden

Dallas: They are opposed to Artest almost unanimously... even for Daniels

Denver: Couldn't find a good board..

Golden State: Seem to be amenable to all trades involving Pietrus + _ for Artest + _ ... Murphy and Fisher seem to be mentioned a lot. (their dream includes getting Sarunas or Foster in return... but most of the reasonable ones question why we'd take Pietrus for Artest at all)

Clippers:

Artest for:

Wilcox
    Ewing
    Expiring salary (McCarty, N'Dong)
    The Wolves pick
    Future picks (1st round, 2nd round

seems to be the consensus... Most wouldn't do Maggette for Artest but a few might...

Lakers: Very few want Artest for Odom, surprisingly... but several want Artest... Something about cake and eating it too.... ;-)

Grizz: Hard to gague... I can't find a good board... They don't think West would go for Battier for Artest

Miami: They know that they aren't going to get Artest, so no serious trades were offered.

Milwaukee: Also probably not going to get Artest... Simmons + more is clearly and option for them though...

Minnesota: They seem to like Artest... Szcerbiak and Hassell is a possibility for Artest + filler but they rightfully think that it is too little and don't want to give up Griffin.

New Jersey: Vince Carter or Kidd seem to be possibilites... Word is out on Jefferson...

NJ trades:
    Richard Jefferson
    Marc Jackson

IND trades:
    Ron Artest
    Jeff Foster

New Orleans: A resounding NO (no pun intended)

New York: Funny how many Ariza + more crap for Artest trades are proposed... IF only there were some way we could rip IT off... everyone else seems to be doing it...

A trade:
    Marbury/Ariza for Tinsley/Artest/Bender

- a funny comment on this trade: "Why because NO OTHER TEAM will give up there two best players to get him. "

Orlando: Grant Hill.

Philadelphia: Seem to like Artest (A LOT... plus he would be pretty close to home...) Iguodala is certainly an option for them (also Korver... obiously)... They also don't like AI...

Phoenix: Not really much they can do to compete with other offers...

Portland: Miles plus pick

Sacto: Here is a good quote:
    "I just took a few minutes and read some of the vast multitude of threads/posts about this at PacersDigest. The consensus is about 3 to 1 in favor of totally washing their hands of him, even though some of them admit he's the best player on their team right now. Their comments about him make the most vile stuff posted here about Webber look like testimonials.

If they're THAT fed up with him, I'm more convinced than ever that Ron Artest is simply a liability we do not need." --- they are smart fans... They don't think that Ron would fit with their team...

Spurs: Nesterovic ... LOL (salaries match)

Raptors: Possibly:

to Toronto: Pollard, Fred JONES, Luke Jackson
    to Indiana: Peterson,Aaron Williams,Dreew Gooden,Eric Snow
    to Cleveland: Eric Williams, Ron Artest

or

Joey Graham, Alvin Williams, Our pick and Denver's pick

for

Artest and Indiana's pick

Utah: They are surprisingly not overly oposed to trading anyone on their team for Ron... Including AK47... which I find odd...

Washington: Jamison, Butler or Jared Jefferies seem to be possibilites...

Good Night!

miller=clutch

lol good thinking....AK47 would be hell good in indiana so would starbury...i cant w8 2 c the outcome of this

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Frisbee
    I'm in the process of reading thru the message of other teams now... Here are some interesting trades/thoughts:

Atlanta - Al for Ron (usually in a 3-way trade, but some actually want Ron... )
    THis is a funny one:
    Artest to NY, Harrington to Ind., Frye and Marbury to Atlanta

Or, Artest to NY, Harrington to Ind., Frye and Andre Miller to Atlanta, QRich, Lee, and Lue to Denver

Boston - No good trades seen.

Chicago - Most involve Gordon+_ for Artest

Cleveland - Consensus is that they'd do any of these trades (or, it seems, any trade not involving Lebron... they really want Ron but find it unlikely since they are in the same division):

1.) gooden/donyell/luke for artest and fred jones (to make salaries match)

2.) Cleveland Trades:
    Drew Gooden 6-10 PF from Kansas
    Luke Jackson 6-7 SF from Oregon
    Aleksandar Pavlovic 6-7 SG from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)

Indiana Trades:
    Ron Artest 6-7 SF from St. John's

3.) Ron Artest and Austin Croshere

Pacers receive:
    Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden

Dallas: They are opposed to Artest almost unanimously... even for Daniels

Denver: Couldn't find a good board..

Golden State: Seem to be amenable to all trades involving Pietrus + _ for Artest + _ ... Murphy and Fisher seem to be mentioned a lot. (their dream includes getting Sarunas or Foster in return... but most of the reasonable ones question why we'd take Pietrus for Artest at all)

Clippers:

Artest for:

Wilcox
    Ewing
    Expiring salary (McCarty, N'Dong)
    The Wolves pick
    Future picks (1st round, 2nd round

seems to be the consensus... Most wouldn't do Maggette for Artest but a few might...

Lakers: Very few want Artest for Odom, surprisingly... but several want Artest... Something about cake and eating it too.... ;-)

Grizz: Hard to gague... I can't find a good board... They don't think West would go for Battier for Artest

Miami: They know that they aren't going to get Artest, so no serious trades were offered.

Milwaukee: Also probably not going to get Artest... Simmons + more is clearly and option for them though...

Minnesota: They seem to like Artest... Szcerbiak and Hassell is a possibility for Artest + filler but they rightfully think that it is too little and don't want to give up Griffin.

New Jersey: Vince Carter or Kidd seem to be possibilites... Word is out on Jefferson...

NJ trades:
    Richard Jefferson
    Marc Jackson

IND trades:
    Ron Artest
    Jeff Foster

New Orleans: A resounding NO (no pun intended)

New York: Funny how many Ariza + more crap for Artest trades are proposed... IF only there were some way we could rip IT off... everyone else seems to be doing it...

A trade:
    Marbury/Ariza for Tinsley/Artest/Bender

- a funny comment on this trade: "Why because NO OTHER TEAM will give up there two best players to get him. "

Orlando: Grant Hill.

Philadelphia: Seem to like Artest (A LOT... plus he would be pretty close to home...) Iguodala is certainly an option for them (also Korver... obiously)... They also don't like AI...

Phoenix: Not really much they can do to compete with other offers...

Portland: Miles plus pick

Sacto: Here is a good quote:
    "I just took a few minutes and read some of the vast multitude of threads/posts about this at PacersDigest. The consensus is about 3 to 1 in favor of totally washing their hands of him, even though some of them admit he's the best player on their team right now. Their comments about him make the most vile stuff posted here about Webber look like testimonials.

If they're THAT fed up with him, I'm more convinced than ever that Ron Artest is simply a liability we do not need." --- they are smart fans... They don't think that Ron would fit with their team...

Spurs: Nesterovic ... LOL (salaries match)

Raptors: Possibly:

to Toronto: Pollard, Fred JONES, Luke Jackson
    to Indiana: Peterson,Aaron Williams,Dreew Gooden,Eric Snow
    to Cleveland: Eric Williams, Ron Artest

or

Joey Graham, Alvin Williams, Our pick and Denver's pick

for

Artest and Indiana's pick

Utah: They are surprisingly not overly oposed to trading anyone on their team for Ron... Including AK47... which I find odd...

Washington: Jamison, Butler or Jared Jefferies seem to be possibilites...

Good Night!
    Damn, that was a lot of work. Nice job, some interesting stuff.

What about a deal that could land Stephon Marbury here? I know many don't like him because he's "selfish", but I was thinking of playing him at the 2 and move Jackson to the 3.
    Knicks seem to be looking for a point guard, so how about this....
    Ron Artest, Jamaal Tinsley, and Scot Pollard to New York in exchange for Stephon Marbury, Channing Frye, and Trevor Ariza?

Sarunas Jasikevicius/Anthony Johnson
    Stephon Marbury/Fred Jones
    Stephen Jackson/Danny Granger
    Jermaine O'Neal/Austin Croshere
    Channing Frye/Jeff Foster

And we'd still have 3 nice young projects in Granger, Ariza, and Harrison to work with.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

AK47 and Saras on the same team....wow. Along with JO ...o golly.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

What about a deal that could land Stephon Marbury here? I know many don't like him because he's "selfish", but I was thinking of playing him at the 2 and move Jackson to the 3.
    Ron Artest, Jamaal Tinsley, and Scot Pollard to New York in exchange for Stephon Marbury, Channing Frye, and Trevor Ariza?

And we'd still have 3 nice young projects in Granger, Ariza, and Harrison to work with.
    I'm not opposed to a Marbury trade based on what kind of player Marbury is ( but I know a lot of people would be... )... I'm a little hesitant to take on his contract though...

Honestly... I'd be happy with basically any one else right now... Happy for a change am I... :

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Well since he's been "banned" until he gets traded I don't think we are going to get much for him. I think we would have the best chance for some reasonable returns IF we throw in another player as then we can start looking at players making more money, widening the limited possibilities that are worth just a little.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

How do you think JO would react to Marbury?

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes

Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes
    Incoming

Morris Peterson
    6-7 SG from Michigan State
    13.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 31.8 minutes

Mike James
    6-2 PG from Duquesne
    15.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 34.4 minutes

Aaron Williams
    6-9 PF from Xavier
    1.5 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.0 apg in 7.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +1.1 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

Toronto Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Morris Peterson
    6-7 SG from Michigan State
    13.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 31.8 minutes

Mike James
    6-2 PG from Duquesne
    15.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 34.4 minutes

Aaron Williams
    6-9 PF from Xavier
    1.5 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.0 apg in 7.0 minutes
    Incoming

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes

Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -1.1 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and Toronto being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Toronto had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think its safe to put Chicago in the "Been there, done that, no fing way in Hell we're doing that again" camp.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo

Didn't we just go through a huge "SJax plays better if he is the 2nd scoring option" debate?

If you come to the conclusion that SJax plays better as the 2nd scoring option....then it would make ZERO sense to get an offensive minded player like Rashard Lewis or Peja ( of course ignoring the liklihood that their respective teams have very little incentive to give up a star player for a guy that has very little trade value ) that would take away the 2nd scoring shots that SJax thinks he should get.

What we need is a player that play as a 3rd scoring option....but more importantly one that can effectively defend the SG position.

If you want another scorer....we should trade for a bench scorer...but not one that starts.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Frye's the deal-breaker in that one. Substitute Nate Robinson or David Lee (a Foster Clone minus 2") and it could happen though Marbury and Zeke are tight. Frye's being looked at as the 2nd coming right now.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire