Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Obviously, very few of these trades work straight up, so additional players/considerations would need to be included.

    EDIT: Note that these are NOT straight up trades and some of the weaker trades would consist of many more players...


    Atlanta:

    Josh Smith (really take your pick of underacheiving SG/SF/PF players...)

    Long Shot - Al Harrington - Baby Al's been playing well in Atlanta recently...


    Boston:

    Mark Blount - Maybe he can revive his career.... maybe not

    Long Shot - Paul Pierce - His game is absurdly good... Will only be traded if Boston get a lot in return and decides to give up on the season


    Charlotte:

    Primoz Brezec - This would be ironic

    Long Shot - Gerald Wallace... some fabulous dealings would have to be done to acquire this up and comer


    Chicago:

    Ben Gordon - If the unhappiness rumors are true

    Long Shot - Luol Deng - More long term upside


    Cleveland:

    Luke Jackson - Were the rumors that Bird wanted to draft him true?

    Long Shot - Larry Hughes - Perhaps Ron would actually fill this gap better... Ron said he wanted to play in Cleveland


    Dallas:

    KVH - Who really wants to pay him anyway

    Long Shot - Marquis Daniels - Pehaps Dallas actually thinks he is talented...


    Denver:

    Voshon Lenard

    Long Shot - Andre Miller - They have quite a few PGs... but so do we


    Detroit:

    Dale Davis

    Long Shot - Lets be realistic... there won't be a trade to Detroit...


    Golden State:

    Dunleavy - Ugh... Maybe GS realizes that they overpaid.

    Long Shot - Pietrus... Huge upside


    Houston:

    Juwan Howard -

    Long Shot - Derek Anderson - Not all that long... also possibly David Wesley... Look for serious interest from the Rockets


    LA Clippers - Wilcox - rumors is that he is on the trading block

    Long Shot - Maggette - Flashy and solid


    La Lakers - Devean George and Brian Cook - Old rumors revived

    Long Shot - Odom - Perfect return for Ron Ron...


    Memphis - Mike Miller - Do you think West actually like Ron?

    Long Shot - Battier - Another Perfect player to get in return for Ron


    Miami - James Posey - Solid return, but unlikely to be traded to an eastern contender

    Long Shot - Antoine Walker - Only because we wouldn't want him


    Milwaukee - Magloire

    Long Shot - Bobby Simmons - new acquisitions not as great as planned.


    T Wolves - Szczerbiak - A good possibility.. please don't say Skita

    Long Shot - Eddie Griffin - Starting to finally play like he should


    New Jersey - Zoran Planicic and Clif Robinson

    Long Shot - Richard Jefferson - Some are starting to doubt him...


    New Orleans - Desmond Mason

    Long Shot - Macijausckas - Kinda of a risky return for Ron Ron...


    New York - Stephon Marbury

    Long Shot - Quentin Richardson - I really don't want either player though...


    Orlando - Turkoglu

    Long Shot - Steve Francis - A trade of troubled players...


    Philadelphia - Iguodala - about as good as we could hope for in return.... Somone in Philly has to really like Artest though.

    Long Shot - Webber


    Phoenix - Jim Jackson - I'd take him...

    Long Shot - James Jones


    Portland - Ruben Patterson - Documented unhappiness...

    Long Shot - Ratliff and Dixon


    Sacramento - Peja - Not a fan, but always a good chance....

    Long Shot - Kenny Thomas


    San Antonio - none - I just don't see a trade to the Spurs happening in the near future


    Seattle - Reggie Evans

    Long Shot - Raschard Lewis - I love to dream... Another great trade


    Toronto - Jalen Rose or Mo Pete

    Long Shot - Bosh if he decides to leave


    Utah - Devin Brown et al.

    Long Shot - Boozer


    Washington - So many possibilites... I'll go with Jarvis Hayes

    Long Shot - Jamison


    Let me know what you think

  2. #2
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,762

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    i'll take Reggie Evans and a 1st rounder please

  3. #3
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Have I mentioned I want Odom. I think it could be done. Even Laker fans like it.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  4. #4
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have I mentioned I want Odom. I think it could be done. Even Laker fans like it.
    Yup. My only problem is that several of them want Austin for Kwame/Slava/Cook as well, and I say hell no to that.

    :thepacers get:
    Lamar Odom
    Andrew Bynum

    get:
    Ron Artest
    Scot Pollard

    C - Foster/Harrison/Bynum/Walker
    PF - JO/Cro
    SF - Odom/Granger
    SG - Jack/Freddie/Snap
    PG - Tins/Runi/AJ/Gill

    Then bring back Snap after JB retires.

    Sign me the ***** up!

  5. #5
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup. My only problem is that several of them want Austin for Kwame/Slava/Cook as well, and I say hell no to that.

    :thepacers get:
    Lamar Odom
    Andrew Bynum

    get:
    Ron Artest
    Scot Pollard

    C - Foster/Harrison/Bynum/Walker
    PF - JO/Cro
    SF - Odom/Granger
    SG - Jack/Freddie/Snap
    PG - Tins/Runi/AJ/Gill

    Then bring back Snap after JB retires.

    Sign me the ***** up!
    I part with Cro if needed to make the deal work and I've always liked Cro. I'd even take Kwame with Odom, I maybe in the minority but I think Kwame can be a player. He had some very good games against JO when he was at Washington.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,228

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    No offense, but I think you need to set your sights higher. I'd rather just sit Ron at the end of the bench for the next 2 years then to take nothing for him. Trading him to Pheonix for Jones, that's basically trading him for a future 2cd. round pick. In spite of his obvious issues, Ron is a 26 year old DPOY, who hasn't even hit his prime yet. A player like Battier, or Harrington should be the low end of what we get for Ron.

  7. #7
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense, but I think you need to set your sights higher. I'd rather just sit Ron at the end of the bench for the next 2 years then to take nothing for him. Trading him to Pheonix for Jones, that's basically trading him for a future 2cd. round pick. In spite of his obvious issues, Ron is a 26 year old DPOY, who hasn't even hit his prime yet. A player like Battier, or Harrington should be the low end of what we get for Ron.
    I beg to differ... Pacers' prime time is starting now... who knows how we will be in 2 years.

    I'd rather get rid of Ron if he is just going to be a distraction to the team and a thorn in our side...

    I also doubt we could get a star player for Ron... perhaps right after his DPOY season ...

    I sorta see your point though... someone will eventually take a chance on Ron and give us a good deal... Ron's low salary and high skill level is too enticing to pass up...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No offense, but I think you need to set your sights higher. I'd rather just sit Ron at the end of the bench for the next 2 years then to take nothing for him. Trading him to Pheonix for Jones, that's basically trading him for a future 2cd. round pick. In spite of his obvious issues, Ron is a 26 year old DPOY, who hasn't even hit his prime yet. A player like Battier, or Harrington should be the low end of what we get for Ron.
    That's a wee bit idealistic.

    No one doubts Ron's ability. His mental state of mind and contribution to team chemistry..........

  9. #9
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    I'm not a big fan of Odom but he is a quality guy. He doesn't seem
    to have helped the Lakers but less would be required of him here.
    Would you want to throw Harrison in there for him to further clean up
    the locker room?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not a big fan of Odom but he is a quality guy. He doesn't seem
    to have helped the Lakers but less would be required of him here.

    I hear it's because he's frustrated and doesn't understand the Triangle offense.
    Life without water is tough, life without air is hard,life with one leg only is wobbly, Life without Reggie Miller, is impossible.

    Do Not Trade Austin

    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Brunner
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Veteran Austin Croshere, the longest-tenured Pacers player on the roster, has proven reliable when called upon, invariably ready to step in regardless of the circumstance.

  11. #11
    Gamble
    Guest

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Shade my wife is cooking me some pancakes.. Just thought i would
    let you know that married life is good.

  12. #12
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shade my wife is cooking me some pancakes.. Just thought i would
    let you know that married life is good.

  13. #13
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,359
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shade my wife is cooking me some pancakes.. Just thought i would
    let you know that married life is good.

    That explains why she called and asked if I had some pants I could loan you.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  14. #14
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    I'd take Odom if it meant trading Cro...

  15. #15
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    What if..... Ron was traded for Ricky Davis?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  16. #16
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,359
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if..... Ron was traded for Ricky Davis?
    I would jump off Uncle Bucks bridge.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  17. #17
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would jump off Uncle Bucks bridge.
    For.... Desmond Mason and PJ Brown?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    from Boston: Al Jefferson, Dan Dickau, draft pick?

  19. #19
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,574

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    It hasn't been asked....is SJax going to start at SG or SF?

    Cuz....whatever position he is going to start at....determines what player we would want in return.

    I would prefer to ( 1st ) get a starting quality SG that can defend quick players and provide perimeter defense and ( most importantly ) is comfortable being a 3rd / 4th scoring option ( 2nd ) get a SF who can effectively defend....again...both of which can provide some defense...but not complain about being a 3rd / 4th scoring option.

    I would also like to get a solid rebounder to play backup PF minutes.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Gerald Wallace or Odom!???!??!? :drool

  21. #21
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by wooolus
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Wallace or Odom!???!??!? :drool
    Gerald Wallace would be good ... pretty balanced on both ends.
    however I think he just signed a new deal with Charlotte

    Why Not Us ?


  22. #22
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,574

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Wallace would be good ... pretty balanced on both ends.
    however I think he just signed a new deal with Charlotte
    Also.....Charlotte is looking only for young players with reasonable contracts.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  23. #23
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    How about Zydrunas for Ron?

  24. #24
    Member Ultimate Frisbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,374

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also.....Charlotte is looking only for young players with reasonable contracts.

    Actually... Ron does qualify... He is only 25 and has a VERY reasonable contract...

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Who we could get for Artest (2 per team)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Frisbee
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually... Ron does qualify... He is only 25 and has a VERY reasonable contract...
    I'd actually feel bad sending Ron to the Bobcats. No, not for Ron, but the Bobcats. They have a lot of young up and coming players over there, and I wouldn't want Ron screwing with their heads.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •