View Poll Results: Ron for Peja

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Trade

    7 10.45%
  • good trade, but could be better

    27 40.30%
  • Bad Trade

    18 26.87%
  • this poll is stupid

    15 22.39%
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Trade Poll

  1. #1
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Trade Poll

    The most popular trade idea seems to be Artest for Peja. Do you guys think this is a good trade or a Bad Trade anf why?

    Personally I think this is a even trade, I remember two years ago Peja was an absolute Killer(best shooter in the NBA), but after Divac left the kings he seems to have lost his enthusiasm for the game.

    I am thinking if he comes here and if Surunas(european connection) can somehow form a similar bond with the guy and push him to excel like Divac this could be a great trade for us.

  2. #2
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is "this trade is a joke and should not happen at all"

    No "D" and dissappearing in the offense.

    We dont need that
    Exactly... no way no how

    Why Not Us ?


  3. #3
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    I voted 'this poll is stupid'. Couldn't resist.

    Seriously, Peja for Ronnie Ron-Ron : not such a good trade. I'd rather have a great 2 guard for him.

    I'd rather have him not traded at all .
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

  4. #4

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    I would like to have Peja here in Indiana even with his struggles I think he would be a nice fit. He can spot up and shoot but he can also come off screens. I think his offenseive skills would fit in really good with this team. He would get a ton of open looks from JO and with Saras and Peja those are two of the best pure shooters in the league today.

    It is not so much Peja's defense that I would have a problem with, I don't think it is nearly as bad as some make it sound, is that we wouldn't have a defenseive stopper. Look at teams that have won championships recently, Detroit and San Antonio, they have had defenseive stoppers [Prince and Bowen] and we wouldn't have that.

    Of course its not like we couldn't trade Jackson for a defenseive specialist.

  5. #5
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    That would be a bad trade for the Pacers. We already have enough offensive fire power. Peja is soft.

  6. #6
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is "this trade is a joke and should not happen at all"

    No "D" and dissappearing in the offense.

    We dont need that

    I just feel if Surunas can some how push Peja like Divac did we would be getting back one hell of an offensive player. No one can deny Peja was one of the leagues best offensive player only a coupple of years ago.

  7. #7
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can remember a team that signed a bunch of players that were good just a couple of years ago.

    How did that team fare?

    Oh right, lets ask Dan Snyder..........
    forgive me for my ignorance, who are you talking about?

  8. #8
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The NFL's Washington Redskins.
    not a football fan, so I dont know. But sometimes players just need change in scenery. Look at Vince in Jersey, Bonzi Wells in Sacramento, Sam I am for the clippers.

  9. #9
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,949

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Private poll, BOOOO!!!!!

    I'd rather we cut Ron then have Peja here. Anybody remember what happened to Scot Pollard when he left Sac's free-wheeling system and came here? Now, imagine that with a guy who can't play D.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  10. #10
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll


  11. #11
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ill give you a short recap:

    Dan Snyder buys team.

    Dan Snyder buys former star Deion Sanders.

    Sanders sucks cause he is old and washed up

    Dan Snyder buys former star Bruce Smith

    Smith sucks casue he is old and washed up

    Dan Snyder buys former star Mark Boonell

    Boonell has just thrown 3 interceptions today.

    Us Redskins have suffered cause the managment has kept buying washed up players who cant do ****.........

    Hence my Peja theme. He WAS in his prime. Was being the operative word

    The man is not even thirty yet. The best is yet to come

  12. #12
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does that picture prove of anything?...................
    It proves that Peja is a very, very sexy man. Actually, not to stray off topic too much, but has anyone else seen Peja's girlfriend/fiance? Wow. She makes Sara's girlfriend look like Ron's

    But anyways, I would take Peja here in a heartbeat. It's all about perception. How good a player is percieved to be. And a lot of that depends on whether his team is winnning or losing. Say what you will about Peja, but the guy finished 4th in MVP votes the season before last and he's still just as good as he was then. He's unarguably a top-10 offensive talent in the league. Our offense with both Saras and Peja shooting freakish %'s would be incredibly efficient. And never discount what the right team will do to a guy's defense. Saras was suppose to be a horrible defender, yet so far he's been solid at worst, and I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the team defense system Carlisle runs.
    I say if we can get Peja for Ron, pull the trigger. When you factor in the much improved offense, and perhaps even more important, the improved team chemistry, it's not hard to see we become a much better team. With Peja and Saras working the perimeter, we become the best 3 point shooting team in the league bar none. That opens up the court for JO to work the post and Jackson and Fred Jones to drive to the basket on a regular basis (hopefully)

  13. #13
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I strongly disagree. but time will tell
    How can you honestly argue that a man barely 28 years old is past his prime? Is there any leigitmate reason for this or are you just saying it out of spite?

  14. #14
    Member jrm7one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    At this point, we'd be EXTREMELY lucky to be able to get Peja.

  15. #15
    miller=clutch
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    no way man...rony is good at both defense and offesne peja isnt even really good at either this year

  16. #16
    Member TheHotShot31's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by jrm7one
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point, we'd be EXTREMELY lucky to be able to get Peja.
    Exactly...I would be happy if we can get Peja at this point.

  17. #17
    hoopburners
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    can we get andrei kirilenko for him?

  18. #18
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,164

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Just Say No! to Peja.

  19. #19
    Member jrm7one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by miller=clutch
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no way man...rony is good at both defense and offesne peja isnt even really good at either this year
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just Say No! to Peja.
    You have to consider... Ron's value has gone down tremendously. On top of coming out and saying he can't play for Carlisle, he isnt happy playing for the Pacers, and making a fool of himself on television...

    1. He's said that he wants to retire in the next 2 years.
    2. The brawl
    3. Everything he did pre-brawl (suspensions, music distractions, etc)

    IMO, Peja would be more than any of us could ask for. Any player in the NBA is worth trading for, if nothing else, just because we'd be getting rid of Artest and get SOMETHING in return. He has proven time and time again, even after all the media speculation that this is a "New Artest," that he is never going to just play basketball, and his off-court distractions are detrimental to winning.

    The only teams I see taking a risk on Ron are those that have nothing to lose, such as Atlanta or Toronto.

  20. #20
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by miller=clutch
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no way man...rony is good at both defense and offesne peja isnt even really good at either this year
    100% disagree with the offense comment. Ron is a very good scorer, but Peja is a great scorer. Peja is a 20+, 50/90/40 type of guy. Those are very, very rare. I'm guessing there's >10 of them in the league today.

  21. #21
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    I would prefer someone else....but I really think that we are not going to get any deal that would make a huge difference to us. After the last 2 days....and his comments...he's essentially killed what little trade value that the Pacers have with him.

    Do you think any GM that REALLY wants Artest is going to think about any of the "negatives" and what he did to the Pacers and what he could do to his next team? They will.....but they won't think much of it if all they had to give up is some backup player or veteran player that they don't use anymore. The more comments Artest makes....the more low-ball offers Bird/Walsh is going to get.

    Low payoff to get Artest = high risk but big reward in the end.

    I guarantee that Zeke is wetting himself now with every day Artest says something. He was the guy that took on the huge contract of a guy with a life-threatening heart condition....you think he will think twice about Artest and his checkered past?

    If Peja or any starter is offered...straight up for Artest......defense or no defense.....do it...cuz we aren't going to do any better.

    I am beginning to think that this season is pretty much gone...so anybody we get will be icing on the crap cake that Artest served us.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #22
    kuzma
    Guest

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is "this trade is a joke and should not happen at all"

    No "D" and dissappearing in the offense.

    We dont need that
    peja > ron x 2. (my opinion)

    1. peja plays for his team. (piece of the puzzle) + offence skills + teamplay
    2. ron = egoist (wont be a piece of the puzzle) + offence skills + defence skills - teamplay(!).

    I am lithuanian and i cant watch how terrible teamplay looks in nba. There is no tactical offence, just 1 on 1 show. such tactics can work 1,2,5 times but not everytime. most of players just want to get better stats so they could get better contract next year or smth? :/ cant watch NBA games at all.

    I see you dont know how much can do great teamplay.. you think that one or two players with good skills can do everything? you're wrong. Winning comes only when you play as a team.

    PS I think Carlisle is too soft for this team. There should be much more discipline on the court. ;[

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: Trade Poll

    Two points:

    1. Peja's not as good of a player as Ron - about equal on offense and not close on D (though Peja's better than a lot of people give him credit for)

    2. Peja's not as much of a head case as Ron - not even close

    If the Pacers decide to trade Ron, there's no chance you'll do better than Peja for him.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •