Thread: If this is true.....

Default If this is true.....

Look I'm not trying to pile on & as of right now we have nothing to go on other than a couple of outside sportsreporters & my own keen sense to what is up in Pacersland ( ) but I have to ask.

For all of you Ron Artest supporters, I mean you die hard (U.B., Suave, Able, etc.) supporter, if this is true & Ron is NOT happy how do you feel about this?

Do you feel betrayed? Do you feel stupid? Do you feel like you still support him & think the Pacers should send J.O. packing?

I mean some of you threw yourselves on the grenade last season for him.

Are you happy with the way he is now (reportedly) treating the franchise in return?

Default Re: If this is true.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look I'm not trying to pile on & as of right now we have nothing to go on other than a couple of outside sportsreporters & my own keen sense to what is up in Pacersland ( ) but I have to ask.

For all of you Ron Artest supporters, I mean you die hard (U.B., Suave, Able, etc.) supporter, if this is true & Ron is NOT happy how do you feel about this?

Do you feel betrayed? Do you feel stupid? Do you feel like you still support him & think the Pacers should send J.O. packing?

Are you happy with the way he is now (reportedly) treating the franchise in return?
    I can smell the condescending tone......

I allegedly, reportedly, supposedly, possibly feel that we don't even have half the story yet so how can I feel any strong emotion..on a supposed rumor?
    When the Pacers or Ron speaks then ask me

Why Not Us ?

I'm not going to answer because I think (and have always thought) that Steven A Smith is full of crap.

EDIT: Frank Slade beat me to it, and nailed it.

So far, there's nothing to "feel" about. The only people that can already feel have already made up their minds.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Maybe the question that needs is asked is:
    Is Artest right in what he is wanting? Would that make him happy and the Pacers better?

This assumes the reports are true and I happen to believe where there's smoke there's fire.

And even if Artest is unhappy, who is to say he's the root of the troubles right now? It's quite possible he just doesn't want to deal with the problems we have right now so he wants to go elsewhere where's there is more harmony between the players and the coach(es).

That's the best defense I can bring to the table right now...

Maybe some of Artest's bigger supporters could give us a better idea or bigger picture.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

For me, I think that simple little word is being overlooked. In this hypothetical scenario, what would be some of your opinions? I'd be curious myself.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Peck, the last thing I did was throw myself on a grenade for Ron, I likehim as a player, he seems a good person as a man, but that is where I draw the line.

I personally think that either a giant smokescreen has or is erected or someone is looking to "look" good.
    The ideal position these people (CBark and Stephen .A.(R)S) are in becomes most clear by the nonsense they can sprout with little or no fear for retaliation.

let me get back to the "likelyhood" and take you back to before the cleveland game (where the injury first occurred) Now I can not remember which game it was exactly and since no one lately goes to look for facts, I think in complete contradiction with my habits i will skip it this time to, he had a game where his first 5 or 6 shots simply did not fall.
    Ron even said so in an interview after the game, what did he do? he concentrated on defense and getting the ball to his teammates, in order to "help the team".
    If we go back to when ron played before last season, a Ron not getting what he wanted usually led to funky situations where Ron went of his own against team strategy.
    We have only seen him "force" matter ONCE this year and nobody complained because everybody here understood the why.

Now if you ask me if Ron is happy as it is at the moment I will personally state that he is not. Just like JO he will be immensely pissed of by what is happening and how it is happening.

has he said something to someone "unguarded" ? possible, not likely but possible, but IF then he most likely was stating something like " if it doesn't change they better trade me, because the way that jackson is playing and despite all that still getting PT is outrageous".

Now that I would put past no one on the team except jax himself, who btw stated after the game that he does not get enough shots in a situation where JO. Ron and Tins are on the floor, (so he makes his own as we all know to well)

As for his injury, Rick said in his show on Wednesday that he had hurt his wrist again in Monday's game anf if that's the case then to me there is nothing to all these stories, let's not forget that Ron is an easy target, the Peja/Ron talks are old and NO we will not get Brad back, no matter how hopeful some are.

As far as I can tell by reading my fav Tarot, Tins and Ron are going nowhere, nor does JO, as far as the rest is concerned I have no opinion as yet, but if a trade is made, which I doubt, it would be most likely Jax and perhaps a filler for a SG that can shoot and does not need the ball, but we have a few guys, though undersized, who can do that, what we don't have is a real SG who is capable of curling around a few screens, but perhaps Saras can be that guy.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

BTW... I would like to mention that Ron was IMHO out of sorts for the Philly game. Walking away from the huddle and under the baskets on T.O.'s... looking disinterested... and missing from the warmups...

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

...And I'd also like to add that IMHO if Artest could be trusted it would be he remaining a Pacers and elevated to #1 status.... But management can't trust him in a "he goes or I goes" scenario (if this is anything like that).

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

It's always going to be something, isn't it? First it was the flagrants/technicals, and he cut those out. Then people got on him for his shooting, which has improved. Then it was playing outside the offense, but this year he's been entirely inside the offense.

So what are we left with? Looking "disinterested."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Now that we've heard straight from the source that it's NOT true, are we going to hear some mea culpas?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Peck, I'll play along and answer the questions you are asking. I'll support Ron until the end, the end of his playing career whether it is in a Pacers uniform or not. If he's ever traded he'll still be my favorite player, but I'll be just as big a Pacers fan as I am now.

OK let's get specific here. If Ron does ask to be traded and if it is because he wants to be the number one option. I would first like to tell him he's pretty much 1A here. So he should make the decision, does he want to be 1A on a very good team, or be traded to a great team and be the second option or go to a bad team and be the number 1 option. Those are his choices. If he still wants to leave I'd be disappointed.

But no I don't want them to trade J.O. I want J.O and Ron to work together. The team needs to be built around them.

No I wouldn't feel stupid, nor betrayed

WAtching Lebron tonight and thinking of Peja trying to guard him makes me sick to my stomach

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    WAtching Lebron tonight and thinking of Peja trying to guard him makes me sick to my stomach
    Or Carter, for that matter.

Enjoy your time at PD!

IF Ron were traded because he was complaining about his roll after all of this he would easily become my least favorite ex-Pacer ever.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian
    IF Ron were traded because he was complaining about his roll after all of this he would easily become my least favorite ex-Pacer ever.
    I have found recently that I am a lot happier not reading nor posting in any RA related threads, but I'll make an exception here and throw my whole hearted support behind this quote.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

Mood

It's not true so I wouldn't even waste my time worrying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by denyfizle
    It's not true so I wouldn't even waste my time worrying about it.

Ahem....

Anyway I thought it might be a good time to bring this post back up from the bottom.

When Ron is traded I'll still enjoy watching him play

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love Artest and would hate to lose hime, but I am happy that atleast he admits that the Pacers could be a better team without him.

Mood

Ahem....

Anyway I thought it might be a good time to bring this post back up from the bottom.
    i was in denial **** ron artest