Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To those who think Kobe isn't a dirty player...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default To those who think Kobe isn't a dirty player...

Try telling me that this wasn't intentional.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270309020

He needs to be suspended at least 4 games for that. There is obviously a pattern of behavior here.

Default Re: To those who think Kobe isn't a dirty player...

That in and of itself isn't much of anything - other than an offensive foul which was called. I'm not a big fan of the "pattern of behavior" line of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That in and of itself isn't much of anything - other than an offensive foul which was called. I'm not a big fan of the "pattern of behavior" line of thinking
    No offense, UB, but it's that line of thinking that puts drunk drivers back on the road over and over and over again, until they end up killing somebody.

People need to be held accountable for making the same mistakes multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No offense, UB, but it's that line of thinking that puts drunk drivers back on the road over and over and over again, until they end up killing somebody.

People need to be held accountable for making the same mistakes multiple times.
    I guess I believe in stricker punishment to begin with on stuff like drunk driving. Besides that the stuff that goes on during a basketball game I do not believe is relatable to real life stuff

Didn't look that bad to me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Exactly, Kobe looked like he was under pressure by 2 people, and tried to swipe dudes hands off him and hit him in the head. Kobe Bryant isnt a dirty player. People get hit with elbows all the time.

Have you ever been elbowed in the face before?

I have.

But the point is, Kobe obviously did it on purpose. He's developed a history of throwing elbows now. The league needs to send a message that cheap shots won't be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    Exactly, Kobe looked like he was under pressure by 2 people, and tried to swipe dudes hands off him and hit him in the head. Kobe Bryant isnt a dirty player. People get hit with elbows all the time.
    That's not an unintentional elbow. He purposely threw his elbow much higher than it needed to be because Korver was playing him tougher than he liked. That's FOUR elbows he's throw this season. One of them at his own teammate.

If this were Ron Artest or Bob Knight, every news station in the world would be on it, and it would be a 24-7 discussion.

If Kobe isn't stopped, he's going to end up seriously hurting someone.

You may be just overreacting or just hate Kobe. I agree, it wasn't much of anything. If you're going to say that should be 4 games suspension then Ron Artest should've been suspended for 10 years... It's basketball
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Quote Originally Posted by carpediem024 View Post
    You may be just overreacting or just hate Kobe. I agree, it wasn't much of anything. If you're going to say that should be 4 games suspension then Ron Artest should've been suspended for 10 years... It's basketball
    On its own, it doesn't merit a suspension.

When taking into account the other two recent elbows, it absolutely merits a suspension.

And Artest should be out of the league permanently right now.

You are overreacting. We know you don't like Kobe and many of us don't like him either, but every time he commits an offensive foul does not mean he's issuing out cheap shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    You are overreacting. We know you don't like Kobe and many of us don't like him either, but every time he commits an offensive foul does not mean he's issuing out cheap shots.
    I didn't say that. But that was quite obviously a cheap shot.

I have NO doubt in my mind that Kobe is a dirty player.

We've seen him go right at certain players. There's a reason that Raja Bell hit him last season. To me he's identical to John Stockton in that way. They both played hard and crossed the line in subtle ways.

BUT, I don't think the play Kobe got suspended for was intentional. I know he hit Jaric in the face, but not a single person has mentioned that Kobe was hip-checked in the air. Of course his arm is going to flail in an unnatural motion..he was trying to keep his balance.

I, also guess, all of Karl Malone's "inadvertent" elbows that brought blood to many were just part of the game. "Part of the game" means good, clean hard-nosed basketball and does not include "cheap shots" when you are shown up or become flustered.

Call it what you want !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I have NO doubt in my mind that Kobe is a dirty player.

We've seen him go right at certain players. There's a reason that Raja Bell hit him last season. To me he's identical to John Stockton in that way. They both played hard and crossed the line in subtle ways.

BUT, I don't think the play Kobe got suspended for was intentional. I know he hit Jaric in the face, but not a single person has mentioned that Kobe was hip-checked in the air. Of course his arm is going to flail in an unnatural motion..he was trying to keep his balance.
    This isn't about Jaric. Kobe has already thrown his elbows again; this time at Kyle Korver.

It's not "obviously" intentional, this thread shows it's debatable. If you want to say Kobe's dirty, that's fine. IMHO 2 or 3 elbows to clear space does not make him Bruce Bowen or John Stockton.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Let's revisit this thread when he does it again.
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Intentional, and you can tell by his reaction DURING the play. He's frustrated with the pressure (and it doesn't look like Korver even touches him during the sequence) and he swings the elbow up looking to clear space via the face. Appears to have missed him or glancing only, but the dude clearly has a pattern of reacting.

Buck, I don't understand your view at all. Less concerned with repetitive behavior than a single incident??? Then why was RON traded? Why were people upset with a SINGLE outburst by Jackson? Why were people upset by a SINGLE incident at 8 Seconds?

Everyone makes mistakes, only people with bad luck or bad intentions make the same mistake over and over.

Kobe is a baby and always has been. He's a snob (not a thug) and he has a bad attitude about it.

I sure would like to see anyone defending Kobe's 2 shooting swats (Manu/Jaric) to head over to the Y and try out that "shooting motion" for yourself. More likely to pull a muscle than to feel comfortable doing it. And if it feels unnatural to do, then I'd say it must be intentional to go out of your way to do it.

Watch Kobe shoot a wide-open shot, no arm flail. One thing about Reggie is that his kick stuck with him a little even when guys weren't around. He just bumped it up to get fouls, and added it into his shot in the first place so he'd get calls. But by doing it over and over it became part of his game ALL the time, not just once or twice a season like Kobe's "accidents" have been.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

You Got The Tony!!!!!!

You don't have to swing your elbow nearly that high. This is the same crap Ron Artest "innocently" does. I'd throw down the hammer on him particularly for doing this coming right off a suspension for a similar situation of whacking someone in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead Warrior View Post
    Let's revisit this thread when he does it again.
    Weren't we saying that just days ago? You know, when he did something else?

It's not "obviously" intentional, this thread shows it's debatable. If you want to say Kobe's dirty, that's fine. IMHO 2 or 3 elbows to clear space does not make him Bruce Bowen or John Stockton.
    So far, the debate has been mostly whether the play was "not that bad," not whether it was intentional or not.

I guess nothing is ever 100% obvious to everyone (or 110% if you're TPTB), but I fail to see how anyone can watch that play and reasonably argue that it wasn't an intentional swipe at Korver's face. It was a dirty play, and it isn't Kobe's first.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    So far, the debate has been mostly whether the play was "not that bad," not whether it was intentional or not.

I guess nothing is ever 100% obvious to everyone (or 110% if you're TPTB), but I fail to see how anyone can watch that play and reasonably argue that it wasn't an intentional swipe at Korver's face. It was a dirty play, and it isn't Kobe's first.

I am usually in the let em play camp, however that doesn't mean cheap shots out of frustration are ok either. Kobe seems to throw the elbow at the smaller players and avoids confrontations with the bigger more physical players. In my humble opinion Kobe is not only a dirty player, but also a coward, needless to say he is not one of my favorite players.

U see Shade! Am i right? That was intentional.... i have seen the game and it looked much worse from other angles, Korver DIDNT held his arms or something like that, he didnt even touch him while he threw the elbow.

Seems to me that always when Kobe is under pressure and its not going his way, he does something similar... you know? It frustrates him and give him huge anger... its nothing personal, but he does it out of frustration. Because HE wants to be the best, Because he thinks he is "the great 81 pt scoring Kobe", that nobody should be able to stop him... it kindoff frustrates him extremly when someone stoppes him and he does something about it to show it to us.

If he cant hit a winning shot for example and somebody blocks him, then he will take something with him when he leaves the floor... you know... slap the ******* in the head and leave the floor with at least a smirk on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgin56 View Post
    I am usually in the let em play camp, however that doesn't mean cheap shots out of frustration are ok either. Kobe seems to throw the elbow at the smaller players and avoids confrontations with the bigger more physical players. In my humble opinion Kobe is not only a dirty player, but also a coward, needless to say he is not one of my favorite players.
    Well, let's look at the list, shall we?

Mike Miller
    Sasha
    Ginobili
    Jaric
    Korver

And, of course, the Reggie altercation.

Am I missing anyone?