Thread: What is the possibility of RC bagging in the season?

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default What is the possibility of RC bagging in the season?

It certainly won't be the first time a Pacers coach have done so *ala Larry Brown*

What if RC is tired of the mess that the Pacers have been the past few seasons?

Certainly he could just resign instead of making this mess...
    unfortunately not everyone does go that route...

Whats your thoughts/comments?

Default Re: What is the possibility of RC bagging in the season?

I'm not sure what you are suggesting.

Are you saying he might quit after the season is over, or right now. Or are you suggesting he will try to lose games on purpose.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

similar to the 96-97 season with Brown as the coach....
    we ended up slumping and missing the playoffs...
    had traded a veteran Mark Jackson and gave the PG position to Rose and Best....which sounds similar to our current PG disaster....

I don't believe that he would quit during the season. But maybe just gave up on this group of players because they just don't seem to have any sense of passion/emotion/etc to save their own butts?

I guess another question would have been...what is the possibility of the players bagging in the season to dethrone RC? As it can go both ways....

Sports Logo

Well it is like that except Brown was not bagging the season the team quit on him just like this team has quit on Rick.

This is an interesting issue. I've had this discussion with a buddy of mine quite a bit lately. The conclusion we've come to is not that the Pacers are trying to lose games, but that they've quit (as an entire organization) trying to win games.

Things like not encouraging JO to get back on the court as quickly as possible and playing Tinsley when the team quite clearly functioned better without him on the floor. Rick, Larry, and Donnie are not stupid. They know far more about basketball than I ever will, and they watched the Philly game. They know that Tinsley's going to be hard to trade, but they know he'll be impossible to trade if they bench him for the rest of the year.

I believe the plan may be this: Lose. Keep the draft pick. Draft a top-notch guard (Acie Law, etc.). Keep Carlisle because he's a good coach. Get rid of Tinsley and maybe JO if a good deal comes along. Win 48-50 games next year. Give Atlanta a pick in the mid-teens so they can draft another athletic swingman who can't shoot.

This is all speculation.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie