Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistic trade options for Ron

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

Quote Originally Posted by J_2_Da_IzzO
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont see why Peja is such a supported trade here. I really think this guy is overrated. I would much rather take Rashard Lewis ahead of him.

Is there a way we can deal Camby????? Or maybe Carmelo ???????
    Ehmm... who wouldn't? The point is NO WAY DO THOSE TEAMS DO THAT .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mourning I mentioned Harpring due to the position he plays AND the3 expiring contract that comes with Collins. It's a possibility, not one I prefer (get me AK47).
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Kestas

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    For Artest??? Are you kidding me? They definitely would do that and we definitely should not. That's not a knock on Macijauskas, but Ron is just way to good for us to even consider that.
    you do understand I meant Macijauskas and someone else, don't you?
    but obviously you guys would not take Macas even if he came with a half of Hornets right now I understand. but I still am 60% certain Macas is going to become a star in NBA. but he should be traded asap.

k

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
    David Harrison
    7-0 C from Colorado
    2.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9.9 minutes
    Incoming
    P.J. Brown
    6-11 PF from Louisiana Tech
    9.2 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.2 apg in 34.4 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -13.1 ppg, +0.6 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

New Orleans Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    P.J. Brown
    6-11 PF from Louisiana Tech
    9.2 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.2 apg in 34.4 minutes
    Incoming
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    David Harrison
    7-0 C from Colorado
    2.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.1 apg in 9.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +13.1 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

This doesn't satisfy Uncklebuck's wish of trading Artest, Jackson, Tinsley and Harrison, but 50% isn't bad.

NO is also in the west, so it does satisfy that scenario.

Also, I like the toughness inside that PJ would provide, though his contract does have a trade kicker, so I don't know what effect that has.

Maybe, when looking for trading partners you should start by looking at it from the other teams perspective.

Knowing what we know, what GM would trade for Ron Artset & just how little could he offer without getting hung up on.

Start from there & work your way up the depth charts. When you get to the first offer where you say.......... "yea, I might consider that one", that's your deal.

Everyone seems to be in a panic, fire sale mode with Ron. I really hope DW/LB aren't thinking like that. Ron is still a Pacer, and if they can't get a reasonable trade for him, I think he'll have to remain one for a while. I realize we aren't going to trade Artest for KG, but he's going to get us a lot more then a third option from another team. Harrington is on the block from the Hawks. If the package was right I could live with that. Any trade involving Ron should bring a player that put's us over the top this year. Ron running his mouth just doesn't bother me so much that I want us to trade him for the sake of it.

Smile Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

Outgoing

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's

Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas
    3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes
    Incoming

Brad Miller
    7-0 C from Purdue
    13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.0 apg in 35.7 minutes

Peja Stojakovic
    6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
    17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +8.6 ppg, +3.5 rpg, and +6.2 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Brad Miller
    7-0 C from Purdue
    13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.0 apg in 35.7 minutes

Peja Stojakovic
    6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
    17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
    Incoming

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's

Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas

This one's just for fun, but I'd do it.

Naptown Seth

Atlanta Hawks Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Al Harrington
    6-9 SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
    17.4 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 3.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
    Incoming
    Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -4.2 ppg, -1.0 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

Indiana Pacers Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-3 PG from Iowa State
    9.9 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 27.5 minutes
    Incoming
    Al Harrington
    6-9 SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
    17.4 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 3.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
    Quentin Richardson
    6-6 SG from DePaul
    6.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.8 minutes
    Channing Frye
    6-11 C from Arizona
    14.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 27.1 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +6.3 ppg, +6.4 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

New York Knicks Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Quentin Richardson
    6-6 SG from DePaul
    6.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.8 minutes
    Channing Frye
    6-11 C from Arizona
    14.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 27.1 minutes
    Incoming
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's

Atlanta gets a legit point guard to run their team, as well as a nice expiring in Pollard. New York may also send Atlanta San Anrtonio's 2006 1st.

Indiana gets a nice replacement for Artest in Harrington, a blossoming young center in Channing Frye, and a fantastic 6th Man in Q-Rich.

New York and Isiah get their man - Ron Artest. May they all live happily ever after.

Naptown Seth

Sarunas Jasikevicius/Anthony Johnson
    Stephen Jackson/Quentin Richardson
    Al Harrington/Danny Granger
    Jermaine O'Neal/Austin Croshere
    Channing Frye/Jeff Foster

Fred Jones is the odd-man out. He could be left alone and used in case of injuries, or he could be traded for a better backup point guard or power forward.

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Jonathan Bender
    7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
    5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    Incoming

Carlos Boozer
    6-9 from Duke
    No games yet played in 2005/06

Kris Humphries
    6-9 SF from Minnesota
    4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.1 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -19.6 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing

Carlos Boozer
    6-9 from Duke
    No games yet played in 2005/06

Kris Humphries
    6-9 SF from Minnesota
    4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.1 minutes
    Incoming

Jonathan Bender
    7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
    5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes

Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    Change in team outlook: +19.6 ppg, +2.9 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and Utah being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Utah had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
    Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2697278.
    I wouldn't mind that trade once Boozer is healthy. Although I would switch Humphries with Devin Brown. Pacers might need to add Eddie Gill to make salaries match.

I like that trade but New York or us would definately have to throw in a first rounder to the hawks

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really like that Hawks/Knicks trade, but I think we'd have to throw in Fred probably as well.

Naptown Seth

Talking Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

Quote Originally Posted by [EMAIL="Isaac@Section216"
    Isaac@Section216[/EMAIL]]I really like that Hawks/Knicks trade, but I think we'd have to throw in Fred probably as well.
    Maybe. But remember, Artest has stated he wants to be in New York, so this whole "you can't get equal value for him" crap wouldn't really apply with them. Frye is probably right behind Chris Paul in the R.O.Y. race, but the Knicks still have Eddie Curry and Jerome James both locked up over many years so they could hanbdle his loss. Q is a backup only playing 20~ minutes a game, not to mention he's out for a while attending to a family tragedy. If you want a 20/5/3 DPOY you gotta give up the goods.
    And yeah, it's iff for Atlanta I suppose, although Al may leave at years end and they end up with nothing. Atleast in this deal they help clear the logjam at forward and pick up a good point guard in the process not to mention some extra cash to spend at seasons end. And yeah, if ATL still needed a 1st, I'd make Isiah send them San Antonio's

I want a good SG. Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, whoever... we gonna suck if we don't get a top-end SG. (And would probably be better off not making th trade.... maybe)
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    I want a good SG. Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, whoever... we gonna suck if we don't get a top-end SG. (And would probably be better off not making th trade.... maybe)
    I'd rather have a PG like Bibby.

MMMMMmmmm crack smoke is tasty ...
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

On October 2, 1995, the San Antonio Spurs traded Dennis Rodman to the Chicago Bulls for Will Perdue.

I look at all of these proposed trades in this thread, and I just can't see any team giving up that much for Artest. Will Perdue is what Dennis Rodman was able to fetch. At that point, Rodman had accomplished more in his career (2 NBA titles, 1 DPOY, 2 All Star games, 4 seasons over 16 rpg) than Artest has (albeit in 3 more full seasons), and it's arguable who was a bigger headcase. And Perdue was coming off his best season as a pro, averaging 8.0 ppg and 6.7 rpg in 20 mpg for 78 games, all starts. But still it's Will Perdue.

Artest's trade value was already well below his ability level, even before this trade "demand". I think the above trade may be the ones Pacer fans need to look at. That's probably what Walsh and Bird will be dealing with. And if they don't want to do that, then Artest won't be traded.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles

Bibby? I'm not convinced that he will, in the end, be enough of an upgrade over Saras to be worth trading Ron.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles

You mean an overpaid point guard with a terrible 2:1 assist-to-turnover ratio, very limited rebounding, and an outright refusal to play defense?

Honestly, I don't see anything Bibby can do that Sarunas can't already do. They're actually pretty damn similar.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by shags
    On October 2, 1995, the San Antonio Spurs traded Dennis Rodman to the Chicago Bulls for Will Perdue.

I look at all of these proposed trades in this thread, and I just can't see any team giving up that much for Artest. Will Perdue is what Dennis Rodman was able to fetch. At that point, Rodman had accomplished more in his career (2 NBA titles, 1 DPOY, 2 All Star games, 4 seasons over 16 rpg) than Artest has (albeit in 3 more full seasons), and it's arguable who was a bigger headcase. And Perdue was coming off his best season as a pro, averaging 8.0 ppg and 6.7 rpg in 20 mpg for 78 games, all starts. But still it's Will Perdue.

Artest's trade value was already well below his ability level, even before this trade "demand". I think the above trade may be the ones Pacer fans need to look at. That's probably what Walsh and Bird will be dealing with. And if they don't want to do that, then Artest won't be traded.
    I agree. There are going to be some very upset people when they see the kind of offers being made for Artest.

Some of the names I've seen thrown out there have been ridiculous; Paul Pierce, Lamar Odom, CHRIS BOSH! The list goes on.

Larry and Donnie are going to have to make a trade for a guy, who in my opinion will either be:

a) A solid, and seasoned veteran.
    b) A young guy that shows some promise (under the radar - like a Joey Graham type guy).

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Let me explain:

The fact that Bibby is so like Sarunas makes the deal work for me. The team can learn a single system, instead of constantly adjusting to different styles. I like how Sarunas has responded to playing both guard positions the last few games. So having both of them on the floor at the same time helps resolve our SG problems.

This means we also get rid of one or more of our PGs, which is long past overdue.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    I agree. There are going to be some very upset people when they see the kind of offers being made for Artest.

Some of the names I've seen thrown out there have been ridiculous; Paul Pierce, Lamar Odom, CHRIS BOSH! The list goes on.

Larry and Donnie are going to have to make a trade for a guy, who in my opinion will either be:

b) A young guy that shows some promise (under the radar - like a Joey Graham type guy).
    Yup! That is probably what is going to happen
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Forget peja. If Artest is to be the replacement for peja let them trade peja somewhere else.

The Kings need to change the makeup of their team. Brad Miller is not the problem out there but the Pacers should go get him back. Harrison and Artest probably works for Miller. Kenny thomas is signed for 4 more years. Maybe the kings would like to wipe his salary off the books this summer along with Bozo wells. Pollard salary comes off the books after this season and he matches Thomas close enough salary wise. Harrison, Artest and pollard for Thomas and Miller. They can go deal Peja for another center to pair up with Harrison. Magloire?

If Miller cannot be had, I really like the Garcia kid. Artest for Garcia and one of Thomas/Skinner/Corliss.

Naptown Seth

The difference between Ron and Rodman is

(a) Rodman, for as great a rebounder and defender as he was, never had the kind of overall game Artest has. Rodman was basically Ben Wallace with Artest's personality.
    (b) Rodman was 34 years, 4 months old. Ron is 26 years, 1 month old. That makes a world of difference.Just 2 years earlier, at the age of 32 (still much older than Ron is now), and already-certified Rodman was traded for Sean Elliott who had just put up 17/5/4 as a 24 year old with the Spurs.

Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise by mentioning that because a 34 year old, huge offensive liability like Dennis Rodman was traded for a much younger solid center (which Will Perdue actually was at the time) means that we cant get squat of value for Ron is full of it.
    A player of Artest's skill-level and age still has great trade value no matter what he does. And I would be disappointed with anything less than 2 very good players or 1 great player.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey

Luther Head from Houston... would be interesting

Why Not Us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    The difference between Ron and Rodman is

(a) Rodman, for as great a rebounder and defender as he was, never had the kind of overall game Artest has. Rodman was basically Ben Wallace with Artest's personality.
    (b) Rodman was 34 years, 4 months old. Ron is 26 years, 1 month old. That makes a world of difference.Just 2 years earlier, at the age of 32 (still much older than Ron is now), and already-certified Rodman was traded for Sean Elliott who had just put up 17/5/4 as a 24 year old with the Spurs.

Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise by mentioning that because a 34 year old, huge offensive liability like Dennis Rodman was traded for a much younger solid center (which Will Perdue actually was at the time) means that we cant get squat of value for Ron is full of it.
    A player of Artest's skill-level and age still has great trade value no matter what he does. And I would be disappointed with anything less than 2 very good players or 1 great player.
    We'll see.

Maybe the Elliott trade is a better example. But I, and any Piston fan, can tell you that trade was an ABSOLUTE DISASTER for the Pistons.

I'm not sure the Pacers will actually trade Artest, so it may be a moot point anyway.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "