Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71

Thread: Realistic trade options for Ron

  1. #51
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of the names I've seen thrown out there have been ridiculous; Paul Pierce, Lamar Odom, CHRIS BOSH! The list goes on.
    I disagree. I kind of think we are in the drivers seat and have the resources to pretty much pin point the player we want. It would mean giving up some of our depth, but that's part of the Pacer's problem.

  2. #52
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. I kind of think we are in the drivers seat and have the resorces to pretty much pin point the player we want. It would mean giving up some of our depth, but that's part of the Pacer's problem.
    We are not in the drivers seat. It's not like we're putting Artest's name out there and every team is jumping on the idea of acquiring the nutjob. There are only some select teams out there who are willing to take a chance on the guy, and they are surely not going to trade a key-component just to get him.

    These other teams are going to ask for more. They can, and will say "Why should I take a huge risk and trade for Artest? What's in it for me???" - and at that point, we'll have to offer more. That doesn't sound like we're in the drivers seat.

    I think it's best we use Jose's technique when looking at trades.

    1) Look at what teams would be willing to take a chance on Artest (there aren't many).

    2) Then, look at guys who they can afford to offer without trading one of their presumable "bright spots" - in order to give them something to work around.

  3. #53
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    TITLE TOWN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    914

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Ainge has said a million times Pierce goes no where but with his deal up next year, an Artest package could sway him into making a trade. Hell, i'd throw in Tinsley.

    Pierce is amazing.

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,122

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are not in the drivers seat. It's not like we're putting Artest's name out there and every team is jumping on the idea of acquiring the nutjob. There are only some select teams out there who are willing to take a chance on the guy, and they are surely not going to trade a key-component just to get him.

    These other teams are going to ask for more. They can, and will say "Why should I take a huge risk and trade for Artest? What's in it for me???" - and at that point, we'll have to offer more. That doesn't sound like we're in the drivers seat.

    I think it's best we use Jose's technique when looking at trades.

    1) Look at what teams would be willing to take a chance on Artest (there aren't many).

    2) Then, look at guys who they can afford to offer without trading one of their presumable "bright spots" - in order to give them something to work around.
    You and I agree. Last year 4 all star-level players demanded trades and got traded.

    1. Shaq (for Odom, Butler, Grant, and a 2006 1st round draft pick)
    2. T-Mac (with Howard, Lue, and Gaines for Francis, Mobley, and Cato)
    3. Carter (for Aaron Williams, Eric Williams and 2 1st round draft picks)
    4. Baron Davis (for Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton)

    In EVERY trade, the team that traded the all star got the worse end of the deal. I'd compare Artest to Carter and Baron Davis, and those two teams got BURNED. You're looking at a Jerry Stackhouse, or a Marquis Daniels-Pavel Podkolzine combo. Something like that.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,606

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    I wonder if Tim Thomas would still like to be a Pacer?

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,900

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. I kind of think we are in the drivers seat and have the resources to pretty much pin point the player we want. It would mean giving up some of our depth, but that's part of the Pacer's problem.
    I agree, we absolutely are in the drivers seat. The fact that Artest said he would like a trade means nothing. The fact that he wants to play for New York means even less. He's a Pacer, and if Larry can't get a fair trade for him, he'll simply remain one. They do not need to have a fire sale. Every GM knows that Artest is a risk, but they also know what he can bring. It's even possible for a bidding war to go on behind the scenes for Ron. We are not going to trade Ron for a future 2cd. round draft pick!

  7. #57

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if Tim Thomas would still like to be a Pacer?
    If he brings along Hinrich, Duhon, Gordon, or Deng with him, I'm even OK having a replacement team tumor like TT

  8. #58
    hoopburners
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    how about andrei kirilenko? just asking guys

  9. #59
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You and I agree. Last year 4 all star-level players demanded trades and got traded.

    1. Shaq (for Odom, Butler, Grant, and a 2006 1st round draft pick)
    2. T-Mac (with Howard, Lue, and Gaines for Francis, Mobley, and Cato)
    3. Carter (for Aaron Williams, Eric Williams and 2 1st round draft picks)
    4. Baron Davis (for Dale Davis and Speedy Claxton)

    In EVERY trade, the team that traded the all star got the worse end of the deal. I'd compare Artest to Carter and Baron Davis, and those two teams got BURNED. You're looking at a Jerry Stackhouse, or a Marquis Daniels-Pavel Podkolzine combo. Something like that.
    The Magics GM was some hockey guy named John.
    The Hornets GM was Bob Bass, who's long gone
    The Lakers GM is crappy Mitch Kupcheck, who turned the Lakers from 3-peaters to 30 win team in record shaterring time.
    And the Raptors GM is ofcourse the infamous Scot Layden

    Our GMs are Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh. That makes a huge difference.

  10. #60
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the Raptors GM is ofcourse the infamous Scot Layden.
    Um...no.

  11. #61
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Artest and Bender to NewOrleans For P.J Brown and Desmond Mason

  12. #62
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um...no.
    Sorry...I've pretty much lumped Rob Babcock, Pete Babcock, and Scot Layden together the past few years.
    But the point remains true - all of those teams had crappy GMs. Crappy GMs make crappy deals. Thats what makes them crappy in the first place.
    The Pacers have a couple of brilliant basketball minds running their team. They will not trade Artest for peanuts. I gurantee you they will find a deal that helps our team tremendously.

    (personal nonsense removed)

  13. #63
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,921

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Driver's seat???? Huh????

    We have a player with a history of problems and who owns the longest suspension in the history of the NBA. He's had several smaller 'issues' in his past and, in a year where he's best served by shutting up and playing basketball, he's chosen to take the theatrics to another level by going public with a trade demand before even talking to the team brass. And that puts us in the driver's seat?

    In a year where we hoped to be contenders and have looked like anything but contenders, with question marks everywhere, and Ron does an end around to get himself traded and we're in the driver's seat?

    And with Ron's history of 'issues', and our current questionable 'chemistry problems', what GM with the remotest of interest in Artest thinks we have any ability to decide to keep Artest now? Think about it, how could anyone think we could trust Artest to play as a team player from here on out with this team? That puts us in the driver's seat?

    It may not be a fire sale but we're not in the driver's seat. I don't care how you spin it, we're going to be fortunate to just move on, let alone have much control of the situation. That we're probably gonna pkg one or two other players in the package is what will be the saving grace on the deal at all. And Artest has forced our hand there IMHO in that, whether we want to or not, it will have to be a package deal to make this anything other than a fire sale.

    If we're in the driver's seat, it's a demolition derby!

    IMHO...

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  14. #64
    Member Julius Sour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Age
    33
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    I, perssonaly, have a fealing that he is the guy. I do not know how this deal could be done, but I have THA FLAIR 'bout him.

    Js

    P.S. [reality check] What Clipps should get to let him go?
    Wait a minute, whoa! Whoa! You don’t actually believe this crap! Do you? Dummy! Brain washed alien souls? E-meter and thetan levels? Those people out there buy that crap. But I thought you were smart enough to see what’s really going on!
    What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you? Having them pay you for it, stupid!

  15. #65
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Sour
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, perssonaly, have a fealing that he is the guy. I do not know how this deal could be done, but I have THA FLAIR 'bout him.

    Js

    P.S. [reality check] What Clipps should get to let him go?
    Maggette is the real deal. Maybe the most underrated player in the entire league, or atleast damn close to it. I would deal Artest for him in a heatbeat, but I doubt the Clippers would do it. Maybe if Ron hadn't made the comment that if he was sent West he'd leave when his contract was up, but not now.

  16. #66
    Member Julius Sour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Age
    33
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron



    What will LA Clipps ask for Maggette? Ron goes - the impact on Pacers TEAMPLAY will be minimal relatively with the Clippers', if Corey goes.

    In fact I like Ron. He's a True Warrior, but the main problem with him is that he can't even spell it corectly. There is a link at the indystar forum. No offence, but I found out for my self, that Ron speaks like some lowbrow worker at the docks. he was conjugating "move on".

    I have to move on
    The team has to move on
    We have to move on

    Despite the fact that he didn't divulge THE REAL ISSUE why he wants to leave - God Damn, He speaks heartily, dumm, but heartily. He has to go. Also, no more games in Pacers uniform. In Europe he would be benched imediatly. I think, that none of You, would like to play ball with the guy who is not "into team - does not identifies You, Your team mates, Your coach as HIS TEAM -THE ONLY ONE.

    JS
    Wait a minute, whoa! Whoa! You don’t actually believe this crap! Do you? Dummy! Brain washed alien souls? E-meter and thetan levels? Those people out there buy that crap. But I thought you were smart enough to see what’s really going on!
    What's better than telling people a stupid story and having them believe you? Having them pay you for it, stupid!

  17. #67

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopburners
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how about andrei kirilenko? just asking guys
    As I said you can ask the same about Bryant, Duncan, LBJ, Iverson etc. AK47 IS NOT TRADEABLE!!! Take Boozer instead please!

  18. #68
    Member NPFII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    40
    Posts
    467

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    I'd trade Artest for Ronald Murray + change.

    Tins/Saras/AJ/Gill
    Flip/Fred
    Jax/Granger
    JO/Cro
    Foster/Harrison/Pollard

    Jax becomes SF, we have a more than decent SG rotation with Flip, Fred, Saras & Jax.

    Another possibility with Seattle is for Rashard Lewis, but then we probably would have to throw in Tinsley. I think I'd do that as well.

    Saras/AJ/Gill
    Jax/Fred
    Lewis/Granger
    JO/Cro
    Foster/Harrison/Pollard

  19. #69
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Artest for Ariza?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  20. #70
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,977

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Artest, Jax and Bender to Boston for Pierce and one of their bigs.

  21. #71
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,977

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, we absolutely are in the drivers seat. The fact that Artest said he would like a trade means nothing. The fact that he wants to play for New York means even less. He's a Pacer, and if Larry can't get a fair trade for him, he'll simply remain one. They do not need to have a fire sale. Every GM knows that Artest is a risk, but they also know what he can bring. It's even possible for a bidding war to go on behind the scenes for Ron. We are not going to trade Ron for a future 2cd. round draft pick!
    The arrogance of some of the GM's will have them thinking that they can fix Artest. For example, Phil Jackson probably would enjoy working with another head case...to show his majic.

    Also, Ron is too good, even with his baggage, to not draw significant interest. There will be suitors, and fortunately we will be able to pick the best deal...and we are not in a great hurry at this stage to move him...because we have guys that can capably fill in...so we have some leverage unlike many other teams in this situation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •