Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71

Thread: Realistic trade options for Ron

  1. #1
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,120
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Realistic trade options for Ron

    Look, the Pacers are NOT going to trade Ron to Miami, Cleveland, or any EC contender. The only option I could see would be Paul Pierce and I doubt Boston messes with that.

    So moving west, there are so viable options out there and we'll go team by team.

    Dallas: Not good trade fits here. Dallas probably doesn't trade Josh Howard, nor do Pacers take Stack or Marquis Daniels.

    Denver: Would be interesting if Nene wasn't injured but at this point they aren't going to trade any of their assets.

    Golden State: They have interesting pieces for the Pacers to ponder. A Pietrus + Dunleavy trade could work out well for the Pacers, as Pietrus is great in low minutes.

    Houston: I know this is considered a possible hot spot involving T-Mac, but there's no chance that will happen, just from a financial view. Other than that they have no other pieces, besides Yao who isn't going anywhere.

    LA Clippers: I doubt they would want to mess with success but a Maggette for Artest could be a good gamble of disgruntled, and injured players. Anything bigger would ripple too much into their success.

    LA Lakers: Odom might be the most interesting name. If Phil wants a new look then he could make an Odom for Artest + filler trade. It's a gamble that Phil is used to taking (Rodman), and maybe he thinks he could correct Ron. If not then nothing else here.

    Memphis: Hmm....Somehow I doubt the Grizz do Battier for Artest, definently not Gasol, and the Pacers aren't taking just Mike Miller. I don't see a trade working out here.

    Minnesota: Wally for Artest is somethign I doubt the Pacers do. Wally looks good early on but is essentially a more whiny Mike Miller. Don't even try a KG trade, and nothing else makes sense either.

    New Orleans/OK: Not a good fit either. Doubt Pacers do Mason for Artest, and the Hornets aren't trading JR Smith or Paul for him.

    Phoenix: Not much here. Suns aren't trading Nash, Marion, Stoudmire, and Pacers aren't taking anything else back so no go.

    Portland: Darius Miles is an interesting possibility and would be a good gauge of how much the Pacers wanted to dump Ron. Miles is also disgruntled and would be a gamble. Otherwise, not much to see here.

    Sacramento: Peja for Ron will be the most hotely debated trade as it makes too much sense for both teams. The salaries match, Ron is Ron, Peja is struggling in Sacto, and the Kings will want to make a move and this could be the kind of gamble they want.

    San Antonio: Next please.

    Seattle: Not a good partner here. Sonics aren't trading Allen or Lewis and Pacers aren't taking anything else.

    Utah: Interesting possibility of a Harpring for Artest trade, as Harp would be a nice fit on the Pacers, but I doubt Sloan touches Ron with a 40 foot pole.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  2. #2
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,120
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    In summary I see Artest for Odom, Peja, Miles, Pietrus combo, Maggette, or Harpring as realistic ideas from western teams.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  3. #3
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,523
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    That's a real good summary of possibities Cactus Jax. I like ODOM the best, but maybe I'm dreaming.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  4. #4
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    don't discount the possibility of Shane Battier or Rashard Lewis, given the right package.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  5. #5
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,759

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    i feel like stojakovic is our best bet. You know he'd become a fan favorite and I just feel like he'd turn his play around in a Pacers uniform. Sarunas and him = instant chemistry and offense.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Revisiting the suns, Diaw looks pretty good out there. Plays Defense and has good rebounding and passing skills. Not saying joe johnson is bad player but IMO, the suns pulled one over on the Hawks in the Joe Johnson deal.

    I doubt the suns want Artest with their chemistry or want to part with Diaw for a headcase but they need defense and Artest is still better than diaw. They are clearly far behind a healthy Spurs team. Might they pull the trigger for a title run. If I were the pacers, Diaw would interest me as much as Pietrus.

  7. #7
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, the Pacers are NOT going to trade Ron to Miami, Cleveland, or any EC contender. The only option I could see would be Paul Pierce and I doubt Boston messes with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So moving west, there are so viable options out there and we'll go team by team.

    Dallas: Not good trade fits here. Dallas probably doesn't trade Josh Howard, nor do Pacers take Stack or Marquis Daniels.
    Josh Howard doesn't intere me. Too much of a downgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Denver: Would be interesting if Nene wasn't injured but at this point they aren't going to trade any of their assets.
    Nothing here either. Melo, maybe, but that aint happening. Nene is massively overrated and will be massively overpaid by this time next year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Golden State: They have interesting pieces for the Pacers to ponder. A Pietrus + Dunleavy trade could work out well for the Pacers, as Pietrus is great in low minutes.
    Pietrus & Dunleavy is somewhat intriguing, althought what really interests me is Jason Richardson. It's possible, but I doubt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Houston: I know this is considered a possible hot spot involving T-Mac, but there's no chance that will happen, just from a financial view. Other than that they have no other pieces, besides Yao who isn't going anywhere.
    I 100% disagree with you here and posted facts as well as my opinions why in another thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LA Clippers: I doubt they would want to mess with success but a Maggette for Artest could be a good gamble of disgruntled, and injured players. Anything bigger would ripple too much into their success.
    Maggette/Artest certainly is an interesting deal. Brand and Artest reunited again....aww how sweet

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LA Lakers: Odom might be the most interesting name. If Phil wants a new look then he could make an Odom for Artest + filler trade. It's a gamble that Phil is used to taking (Rodman), and maybe he thinks he could correct Ron. If not then nothing else here.
    I agree with this. Odom is my #1 want right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Memphis: Hmm....Somehow I doubt the Grizz do Battier for Artest, definently not Gasol, and the Pacers aren't taking just Mike Miller. I don't see a trade working out here.
    Pacers wouldn't do Battier for Artest. Too much of a downgrade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Minnesota: Wally for Artest is somethign I doubt the Pacers do. Wally looks good early on but is essentially a more whiny Mike Miller. Don't even try a KG trade, and nothing else makes sense either.
    A big HELL NO to the overpaid Wally Szczerbiak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Orleans/OK: Not a good fit either. Doubt Pacers do Mason for Artest, and the Hornets aren't trading JR Smith or Paul for him.
    Mason, no. J.R. Smith is someone who I have interest in, but he's too young. And there's no need for Chris Paul here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Phoenix: Not much here. Suns aren't trading Nash, Marion, Stoudmire, and Pacers aren't taking anything else back so no go.
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Portland: Darius Miles is an interesting possibility and would be a good gauge of how much the Pacers wanted to dump Ron. Miles is also disgruntled and would be a gamble. Otherwise, not much to see here.
    Portland have dumped a lot of their "head case" players (including Rasheed Wallace btw) so i doubt theyd want Artets. And I certainly wouldnt do Miles straight up for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sacramento: Peja for Ron will be the most hotely debated trade as it makes too much sense for both teams. The salaries match, Ron is Ron, Peja is struggling in Sacto, and the Kings will want to make a move and this could be the kind of gamble they want.
    Can't disagree here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    San Antonio: Next please.
    Nothing on San Antonio I'd move Ron for outside of Duncan, which aint happening. I don't want a selfish me-first point guard who doesnt play defense, rebound, or get his teammates involved like Parker, and I don't want an aged flopper who gets approx. 350 turnovers per game like Manu either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seattle: Not a good partner here. Sonics aren't trading Allen or Lewis and Pacers aren't taking anything else.
    I disagree with this 100%. Who said Sonics weren't trading either Allen or Lewis? Noone. Lewis has a player option coming up, and there's a good chance he'll try and bolt Seattle. I believe he could be had for Artest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Utah: Interesting possibility of a Harpring for Artest trade, as Harp would be a nice fit on the Pacers, but I doubt Sloan touches Ron with a 40 foot pole.
    Matt Harpring? Wow. I relieze Harpring is a solid role player, but he's not even close to being worth Artest. Maybe Harping and Deron Williams for Artest and Tinsley. But no way, no how do we even consider a Harping-Artest deal.

  8. #8
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,371
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Darius Miles is having knee troubles , Rashard Lewis wants to opt out for more money . Wally Szczerbiak makes 46 mil over next 4 years. Have no intrest in J R Smith after hearing him say he'd rather have a highlight on ESPN than win the game if he had to choose.

  9. #9
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers wouldn't do Battier for Artest. Too much of a downgrade.
    See my thread. I'd do that in a heartbeat.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #10
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    I'd like to see what we'd get if we packaged SJax with Artest and gave Granger a shot full time in the lineup. After all, Granger was brought here to play 'NOW' wasn't he? From the little I've seen, Granger has the chance to be just as good as Artest, if not better. Give him a shot now and let him learn early in the season. Work some type of deal with Artest/SJax going out and get us a 2-guard that works for the offense, and maybe a decent backup swingman...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See my thread. I'd do that in a heartbeat.
    I agree with that one. Battier is a great "intangibles" guy. He might be the perfect guy to set the team chemistry straight. And he's good at being a team's vocal leader, while still knowing his role on the team (ie, won't demand touches). I'd love to have him coming of the bench for the Pistons.

  12. #12
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,572

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Battier would be good.....he's the type of player that Bird/Carlisle love....disciplined type of player that is professional...plays above defense and is really hard working. He's the type of guy that I would want.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #13
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,572

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    The type of player that we want back would be determined by what position that SJax would play.....SG or SF.

    I guess now that he is the likely 2nd scoring option....do we really want a player that will just come in and be a 3rd or 2nd scoring option?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #14
    miller=clutch
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    god i defiently wouldnt be happy if indiana got shane battier for RON ARTEST. maybe lamar odom...he does everything rebounds assists scores... just like saruas . and i think lakers would want ron...but then lakers would be ultimate . even maybe corey maggete

  15. #15
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,244

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Diaw is not going anywhere, he fits Phoenix system much better than Artest would.

    Odom, Lewis or Peja seem to be the more realistic option.
    I love Pietrus a lot but I don't see who else on the warriors' roster would be interesting for us.

  16. #16
    miller=clutch
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    so wat it comes down to YES OR NO do u think he will get traded???

  17. #17
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Diaw is not going anywhere, he fits Phoenix system much better than Artest would.

    Odom, Lewis or Peja seem to be the more realistic option.
    I love Pietrus a lot but I don't see who else on the warriors' roster would be interesting for us.
    Diaw is having a breakout year obviously.11/6/6 are pretty nice numbers. But two things need to be said:
    (1) this is only 19 games. In Diaw's previous 2 years in the league he was pure crap. Which leads me too #2....
    (2) Phoenix's system inflates stats and makes players look better than they actually are. Steve Nash went from being an iffy All-Star point guard to the league MVP. Joe Johnson went from a nice young role player to an alleged superstar in the making in Phoenix, and now thats he's down in Atlanta he's back to solid young role player. Diaw isn't even that good with the Phoenix inflation. Without it he's nothing more than a backup on a legit contender.

    Lamar Odom would be averaging 21/11/5 in Phoenix.

  18. #18
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,244

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Sure, but he's unselfish, versatile, a very good passer, a pretty good defender.
    That's what Phoenix needs right now, not a ron artest-type of player.

  19. #19
    Call me Kauffie Kaufman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Baby Al?????
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

  20. #20
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,253
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    With Utah....HArpering + Jaron Collins works.

    BTW...Collins is a BIG body for now and has an expireing contract.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  21. #21
    Member Vicious Tyrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,207

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    I'd just like to go on record saying I've only seen LA play once this year, but Odom looks like all talent and no effort. I want no part of him. I thought he'd be a dream in the triangle, and maybe he's still learning it, but he didn't impress me at all.

    No thanks.
    "If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck and take it to another city, boy, I don't know what to tell you." - Jack Handy

  22. #22
    Kestas
    Guest

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    New Orleans/OK: Not a good fit either. Doubt Pacers do Mason for Artest, and the Hornets aren't trading JR Smith or Paul for him.
    oh man, if they could get Macijauskas, who's super cheap right now, and someone ready to hustle from that team, that would make pacers the best offensive team in the league. Macas is on par with Stojakovic (as a shooter he's even better), but much younger and much cheaper.
    but I doubt Hornets would be so stupid to trade Macas so quickly.

    k

  23. #23

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Guys, please trade Artest and Jasikevicius for Boozer and Mcleod. Heck we can even throw in Collins or Ostertag as a bonus . That would make Jazz instant contender in the west. Can you imagine playing against Artest and Kirilenko??? That would be the hell of defensive team.
    Do not ban me for that I was just dreaming

  24. #24
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,982

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    Quote Originally Posted by Kestas
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    oh man, if they could get Macijauskas, who's super cheap right now, and someone ready to hustle from that team, that would make pacers the best offensive team in the league. Macas is on par with Stojakovic (as a shooter he's even better), but much younger and much cheaper.
    but I doubt Hornets would be so stupid to trade Macas so quickly.

    k
    For Artest??? Are you kidding me? They definitely would do that and we definitely should not. That's not a knock on Macijauskas, but Ron is just way to good for us to even consider that.

    IF we trade for Battier ... just because he does some of the small thing? Get the hell out of here! I don't want to exchange the number 2 option on offense and by far the number one lockdown defender of the team and a top-3 defensive player in the league for a guy who does things that don't show up the board or just because he shows "effort" which makes fans happy, because he works hard. **** that! We have more than enough players we could use in a trade for such a player, Artest is not to be used in a trade for such a player IMO.

    Harpring? No further comment!

    I will go on the record now: I DON'T WANT STEPHEN JACKSON AS OUR 2ND OPTION ON OFFENSE! Better trade some other guys with Ron to get something better, because I want another 2nd option on offense, except if we somehow manage to get a first grade center, Brad not included like him as a player (hate his injuries though, sorry).

    I would consider Odom, Magette, Peja (even though I don't like his D and his stuff in the play-offs), Lewis, Howard (Yes, I like him a lot) and... well that's about it that seems reasonable for Ron. Although I have a LOT of doubts about Corey, he seems to be continually missing a lot of games, I think we have enough of those players aswell, so I would preferably scrap him too.

    I like Pietrus, but we don't need to get any deeper than we already are and the Warriors would have to include someone else here for Artest to make things work correctly, something I don't want.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  25. #25
    Member J_2_Da_IzzO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    843

    Default Re: Realistic trade options for Ron

    I dont see why Peja is such a supported trade here. I really think this guy is overrated. I would much rather take Rashard Lewis ahead of him.

    Is there a way we can deal Camby????? Or maybe Carmelo ???????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •