Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    I'm not as angry as some of you are, but I've always been fine with trading anybody on the team (including JO or Tinsley) if it makes us a better team. I don't think we'd be a better team if we swapped Ron for Peja.

    You know who I'd like? Shane Battier. Hear me out.

    1. If we're going to move Ron, I'd rather we not go out and get another small forward. We've got Jack already, and we've already been talking this year about Granger being good enough to take Ron's place. We need help at the 2 and the center spot.

    2. The Grizz owner is absolutely wild about Ron Artest. Don't have a link off hand, but we've heard it on multiple occasions. If anybody wants to push the issue, I can find it.

    3. There are a lot of trades that can be built around the central idea of Artest for Battier. Memphis does well in that, but it can be evened up easily. For example, if we have to move him, I'd do Ron/Pollard/AJ for Battier/L.Wright/Bobby Jackson long before I'd do Ron for Peja straight up.

    Battier can play either swing position, he's great in the locker room, he's a leader on and off the court, he can shoot, he can defend, and he doesn't need the ball.

    Thoughts?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #2
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Actually, I like it.
    I love the fact that Battier doesn't desire the touches that Jax does at the 2.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  3. #3
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    I like the players you mentioned, but we need a second starplayer if we trade Artest and Battier is not a star, plus Bobby Jackson would be redundant, we already have Surunas

  4. #4

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Well, Battier is about the polar-opposite of Ron. Great character, team player, just wants to win. Add a couple of other odds n ends like Eddie Jones and you got me sold on this one Anthem.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Sign me up. He's in the Western Conference to boot. I'm still not sold that Memphis would do it, but if they are I'm sold.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    That would be a great trade for the Pacers.

  7. #7
    Member timmanis2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lafayette,IN.
    Age
    47
    Posts
    43

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)


    I like that trade also.

  8. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    I want to add that while Battier's not averaging Ron's 20 per, he's shown an improved offensive game this year and has led the team in scoring several times so far this season.

    Also, this means we'd have Saras and Bobby Jackson at PG, which means we'd be free to trade Tinsley if we found a good trade. Our lineup for the remainder of the year would be something like:

    Wright / Foster / Harrison
    JO / Croshere / Samaki
    Jax / Granger / [Bender]
    Battier / Jackson / Jones
    Tinsley / Saras / Gill
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  9. #9
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    I love Shane too and it will be just IRONIC if he's the person we get for Ron. Shane is a class act. Classy from the get go.

  10. #10
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Peja NO

    Battier - YES, yes yes please. But the Grizz won't give him up. Fratello loves Shane.

    You can cross this one off. Will not happen. Fratello would quit if his team made this trade

  11. #11
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Can we get Stoudamire in there somewhere? I know we dont need another pg but might mouse has always been one of my favorative non-Pacers for some reason.

  12. #12
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can cross this one off. Will not happen. Fratello would quit if his team made this trade
    I hear you, but we keep hearing that Michael Heisley absolutely loves Artest. The Grizz have been mentioned in the national media as a suitor. I can't see how they'd expect to get him for anything less than Battier.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #13
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we get Stoudamire in there somewhere? I know we dont need another pg but might mouse has always been one of my favorative non-Pacers for some reason.
    Doubt it. He's their starter right now. Besides, I'd rather have Bobby Jackson.

    The only way you'd pry him free is by including Tinsley. And I can't find a way to make that work.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. #14
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peja NO

    Battier - YES, yes yes please. But the Grizz won't give him up. Fratello loves Shane.

    You can cross this one off. Will not happen. Fratello would quit if his team made this trade
    Exactly UB ,,, Battier is going nowhere.
    I love the guy would be great to have
    Ain't going to happen though... at least I don't think so...

    Why Not Us ?


  15. #15
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Artest is everythng Battier is on the court but better. Artest may have head issues, but an Artest and Gasol duo plus the great role players in Memphis make them a legit contender instead of the pretenders they are now, and I know Jerry West knows that.
    I'd consider the deal. I really think Battier could become an All-Star here. The Pacers have that effect on players. I mean honestly, who were Ron Artest, Brad Miller, Jalen Rose etc. before they came to Indiana? And who were they after they left here? Battier has great shoot percentages and fantastic defense. I could see he and Jackson beocoming scorers 2A and 2B and each putting up around 17 points per game.

  16. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Interesting. So the general opinion is that Memphis wouldn't move Battier/Wright/B.Jackson for Ron/Pollard/AJ. I thought that was a pretty good trade for both teams.

    Is this a balance thing, or is it final? I mean, does the trade need to be tilted their way a little, or is Battier untouchable?

    Anybody know how West feels about Tinsley?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #17
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Battier is untouchable.

  18. #18
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Battier is untouchable.
    Wow, that's a crazy statement. There's nobody in the league truly untouchable, and if there were 2 players who were they would be Tim Duncan abd LeBron James, not Shane "Freakin" Battier.

  19. #19
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown Seth
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, that's a crazy statement. There's nobody in the league truly untouchable, and if there were 2 players who were they would be Tim Duncan abd LeBron James, not Shane "Freakin" Battier.


    Untouchable when it comes to Artest. Unless we offer J.O. the Grizzlies won't even consider trading Battier.

  20. #20
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny, I think there are a lot of guys that are un-touchable.

    Kobe and K.G. come to the top of my head.
    Lakers would give up Kobe for LeBron in a heartbeat, possibly for KG, possibly for Duncan.

    Wolves would give up KG for LeBron in a heartbeat, probably would for Tim Duncan too.

  21. #21
    Naptown Seth
    Guest

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Untouchable when it comes to Artest. Unless we offer J.O. the Grizzlies won't even consider trading Battier.
    Alright, thats more like it. I disagree with it but I can atleast fathom the thought.

  22. #22
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless we offer J.O. the Grizzlies won't even consider trading Battier.
    Wow. I know they like him, but is it really that strong?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,616

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    West just finished shipping out the last group of knuckleheads that Memphis had. why would he bring in the king of knuckleheads?

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Ron Artest doesn't seem like someone that Jerry West would obtain. If the Griz owner were to go above West to malke this trade then I suspect West would move on.

    Peja is one of the most overrated big game players. I wouldn't want him. I think Seattle, or Denver makes more sense.

    Rashard Lewis is planning to opt out of his contract so Seattle might be interested.

    The Nuggets are wanting a SG real bad. Would Artest at SG with Melo at SF work for them. Doesn't seem like a match to me but who knows. Tins, Fred jones and Artest for Andre Miller, Lenard and Nene. I know it would be hard to wait on Nene but it would be nice to see him in a Pacer uni next season. Plus Denver has been trying to move Lenard out.

  25. #25
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,756

    Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

    Fratello is a great coach for over achieving teams that have great chemistry and are willing to play his style of ball. If Artest can't play for Rick Fratello might not be the best place for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •