Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

Default Re: Yet Another Ron Trade Thread... (Memphis)

Quote Originally Posted by sig
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron Artest doesn't seem like someone that Jerry West would obtain. If the Griz owner were to go above West to malke this trade then I suspect West would move on.

Peja is one of the most overrated big game players. I wouldn't want him. I think Seattle, or Denver makes more sense.

Rashard Lewis is planning to opt out of his contract so Seattle might be interested.

The Nuggets are wanting a SG real bad. Would Artest at SG with Melo at SF work for them. Doesn't seem like a match to me but who knows. Tins, Fred jones and Artest for Andre Miller, Lenard and Nene. I know it would be hard to wait on Nene but it would be nice to see him in a Pacer uni next season. Plus Denver has been trying to move Lenard out.
    - I think that Jerry West had interest in Artest before but I don't know that he would have any now that the Grizzles are a top 5 team thus far into the season.

- Peja is logicaly the best player the Pacers can get for Artest.

- Even if Lewis is planning to opt out of his contract I think the Sonics would be better off starting Vlad at SF and send Lewis for a big guy instead of taking Artest.

- I don't think Artest can play SG full times and Nene is injured so having him in the deal would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I'm not as angry as some of you are, but I've always been fine with trading anybody on the team (including JO or Tinsley) if it makes us a better team. I don't think we'd be a better team if we swapped Ron for Peja.

You know who I'd like? Shane Battier. Hear me out.

1. If we're going to move Ron, I'd rather we not go out and get another small forward. We've got Jack already, and we've already been talking this year about Granger being good enough to take Ron's place. We need help at the 2 and the center spot.

2. The Grizz owner is absolutely wild about Ron Artest. Don't have a link off hand, but we've heard it on multiple occasions. If anybody wants to push the issue, I can find it.

3. There are a lot of trades that can be built around the central idea of Artest for Battier. Memphis does well in that, but it can be evened up easily. For example, if we have to move him, I'd do Ron/Pollard/AJ for Battier/L.Wright/Bobby Jackson long before I'd do Ron for Peja straight up.

Battier can play either swing position, he's great in the locker room, he's a leader on and off the court, he can shoot, he can defend, and he doesn't need the ball.

Thoughts?
    I like the the central idea of Artest for Battier, but I don't like your example because I think it's a patch. I don't think Ron was the problem this year. If I'm trading Ron I want to try and trade the problem with him. Give me a deal that gets rid of Tinsley or Jackson along with Artest, not Pollard or AJ.

I'm not adverse to trading Pollard or AJ to make a trade work, but the primary players I want traded in any trades are Tinsley, Jackson, and Harrison, along with Ron of course.

Although I would like Battier too, I don't see West trading for who I want to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    How about artest and tinsley for gilbert arenas

You are joking right.

Just in case you're not. Arenas is extrmely talented, but his shot selection is horrible. He does whatever he wants whenever he wants. Jordan can't control him nor would Rick.

Pacers need to go for character guys

I like Battier... Great trade if the Grizz would do it... Right now I'm not sure if we'll be able to get any good deal for Ron-Ron...

I thought West was quoted last season as saying he wanted no part of Artest around his team. I don't remember the phrasing but I believe he said he didn't want Artest poisoning his team's chemistry and leading young players astray.

Am I confusing that with another GM/team?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    I thought West was quoted last season as saying he wanted no part of Artest around his team. I don't remember the phrasing but I believe he said he didn't want Artest poisoning his team's chemistry and leading young players astray.

Am I confusing that with another GM/team?

-Bball
    That' correct, and wh it would never happen....
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Gamble

The Griz's would trade him for f.JOnes and Artest. I would want to keep
    Tinesly and Jax. Tinsley for the reason of insurance. I would hate to
    see A.J playing point and no Saras bc of a injury. Jax to me is ok
    from the stand point he wants to win and i think at this point we need him
    to win without Artest. Harrison would be ok to throw in there to clean
    up the bad locker room presence.