Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

  1. #1
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jonathan Bender
    7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
    5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
    Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas
    3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes
    Incoming
    Brad Miller
    7-0 C from Purdue
    13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.0 apg in 35.7 minutes
    Peja Stojakovic
    6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
    17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +3.6 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and +5.2 apg.

    Sacramento Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Brad Miller
    7-0 C from Purdue
    13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.0 apg in 35.7 minutes
    Peja Stojakovic
    6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
    17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
    Incoming
    Jonathan Bender
    7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
    5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
    Scot Pollard
    6-11 C from Kansas
    3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -3.6 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -5.2 apg.


    Successful Scenario
    Due to Indiana and Sacramento being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Sacramento had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.


    Bird loves Stojakovic and likes Miller.

    Sac gets home town favorite Pollard to finish his career, an All-Star in Artest, the contract of Bender that will help out the Luxury Tax should Bender retire (insurance pays the salary and not having that salary would help pay the tax Sac may be paying), and throw in a first to sweeten the deal. We'll get Ezram next year (like having a first round pick) and Bird can use his two seconds to get future talent in Europe/Asia and let them get better overseas until we need them on the roster.

    I figure Miller would like to come back, I don't know about Pedja wanting to resign after this year (I think his contract has just this year on it and maybe next but nothing further), Bird gets another shooter, we get a starting center and lets JO go to his natural 4 position and we unload Bender's salary, unfortunately lose an expiring contract of Pollard's, and get rid of (I can't believe I'd ever be saying this) the headache that is Ron Artest. Besides, we would ship Artest to an even slower town than Indy so he's not going to NY to help Isiah and get exactly what he wants. Never give a spoiled brat what he wants. It's just principle.

  2. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,706

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    ....it makes sense for Sacramento to trade both Peja AND Brad Miller for Ron? Come on now.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #3
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    I would do that in a heartbeat of a heartbeat.

  4. #4
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    I can see we are going to need to sticky one trade thread for Ron...

    Why Not Us ?


  5. #5
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see we are going to need to sticky one trade thread for Ron...
    Excellent idea.

  6. #6
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would do that in a heartbeat of a heartbeat.
    I have doubts we'd be able to get either Peja or Brad for Ron, let alone both.

    IndyToad
    Needs to be groomed up

  7. #7
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,841

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    How about Rick Carlisle for Byron Scott?

  8. #8

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have doubts we'd be able to get either Peja or Brad for Ron, let alone both.

    IndyToad
    Needs to be groomed up
    With the way Peja is playing this season I am sure that we could swap the 2 but I agree there is no way we get both of those guys for Ron.

  9. #9
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ....it makes sense for Sacramento to trade both Peja AND Brad Miller for Ron? Come on now.
    Sac is going nowhere. By doing this, they will lose some salary, rebuild through the draft, and have an all-star doing this. Peja is out of Sac as soon as his contract is up-and they will get nothing for him and like it. They get a first from Indiana this year, get a (most likely) high lottery pick in next year's draft (2 #'s to add to the current roster) and open up some f/a flexibility losing Pollard's contract, Bender's contract, and only adding $7 million in salary next season. For us, it's addition by addition, for Sac it's addition by subtraction.

    But I understand that a Detroit fan would not agree with this. This would make us dangerous-hopefully. But, of course, the trade scenarios are only speculation and very, very doubtful that they would ever happen.

  10. #10
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    That's a touch unrealistic.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. #11
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the way Peja is playing this season I am sure that we could swap the 2 but I agree there is no way we get both of those guys for Ron.
    Folks, we're not looking at the big picture from the other side. The Maloof's are saving a lot of money this way. And since there is no way they will win a championship in the next few years (or even be a contender), they have to rebuild and through the draft and f.a. is the only way to do that. Brad Miller isn't going to win them a championship. Peja is out of there soon. This way they get an all-star and cap relief for a guy that is not playing very well this season (Peja) and a guy who is a good support guy but not a guy that will lead you to the promised land (Miller).

  12. #12
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a touch unrealistic.
    Any trade speculation with the Pacers is unrealistic. They don't trade much. And trading an all-star is is always something that does not happen often and usually bites the team that trades him in the a$$.

    Which is what makes this scenario doubtful, scary, and promising all at the same time.

  13. #13
    cracktower
    Guest

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Peja for Artest is all I ask. Lets not get too greedy.

  14. #14
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    This trade is a joke.

    Hell, I would be suprised if we can get Peja the softy for Ron and one of OUR first rounders.

    Ron just killed any trade value we mustered up this year by demanding a trade!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  15. #15
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,706

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    The Maloofs care more about winning than money. I'm sure they'd ship Peja for Ron, but Brad Miller too? That's just ridiculous. WHy don't you shoot for Mike Bibby too while you're at it?

    They aren't going to get any closer to a winning team if the deal Brad Miller.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  16. #16
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by cracktower
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peja for Artest is all I ask. Lets not get too greedy.
    Not trying to be greedy but Sac needs to look for the future, we need to look for the now.

    If I had started a thread about four years ago about the Pacers sending Norm Richardson, Jalen Rose, and Travis Best to Chicago for B.Miller, R. Mercer, R. Artest, and Kevin Ollie what would you say? "No Way will the Bulls go for it", right? Well, they recovered as recently as last year and, even though they screwed up this off season, were a team that has/had considerable talent and won some big games even after that trade.

  17. #17
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Ron just killed any trade value we mustered up this year by demanding a trade!!!
    Not true. It just brings out more possible suitors. The Pacers aren't having a fire sale here. I would seriously be surprised if Bird settled only for Peja.

    And he didn't demand a trade, just said that he thought that the Pacers would be better off without him and that he didn't like the head coach's offense. Didn't Shaq say that when Phil first got to L.A. and he survived to win 3 NBA Championships (I think it was 3?).

  18. #18
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not true. It just brings out more possible suitors. The Pacers aren't having a fire sale here. I would seriously be surprised if Bird settled only for Peja.

    And he didn't demand a trade, just said that he thought that the Pacers would be better off without him and that he didn't like the head coach's offense. Didn't Shaq say that when Phil first got to L.A. and he survived to win 3 NBA Championships (I think it was 3?).

    Sounds like a trade demand to me, what are our alternatives if LB and DW get nothing but crap deals? We have to hold on to him or let him go for nothing. Look at Rasheed Wallace, Portland got a whole lot out of that didn't they?

    Yes, Ron killed his trade value and this team for this year!

    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...........
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  19. #19
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Maloofs care more about winning than money. ...
    You sure about that?

    You must know them well. Tell them I said hello next time you hang out with them and attend one of their board meetings. Which of course, ends with a night on the town with the Maloofs! Followed b one of those special pillow fights K-Stat and the Maloofs are so well know for.

    FYI-no NBA owner is in it just for the fun of it and do not consider the financial end of it-see Mark Cuban letting a close friend, long time member of the Mavs and reigning NBA MVP Steve Nash go because he wanted too much money. And there were rumors (in fairness the Maloof's denied it publicly) that they were considering the sale of the Kings-or even trying to move the team to Vegas because they were losing too much money in Sac town. There's usually at least a little truth in a rumor.

  20. #20
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,706

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Mark Cuban was on the hook for almost $100 MILLION with Finley.

    You're dreaming if you think brad miller is a similiar situation.

    If the Maloofs really cared about the bottom line that much, they wouldnt have Bibby and Brad Miller making HUGE cash right now.

    It's a pipe dream, lol. Brad Miller isn't going anywhere.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #21
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    If we could send Artest out west and bring back #52, I'd be for it. I do know Scot wouldn't hesitate going back to California. I think it was pretty obvious he didn't really want to be in Indiana, and who knows, he may still feel that way. As for Peja and Brad for Ronnie and Scot, JB might not work but we might be able to give up a second rounder in the deal or perhaps even a 1st.

  22. #22
    Member BigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    905

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark Cuban was on the hook for almost $100 MILLION with Finley.

    You're dreaming if you think brad miller is a similiar situation.

    If the Maloofs really cared about the bottom line that much, they wouldnt have Bibby and Brad Miller making HUGE cash right now.

    It's a pipe dream, lol. Brad Miller isn't going anywhere.
    Cuban IS on the hook with Finley still. And instead of having a player play for him that could be productive, he cut him to save on the Luxury Tax. And he lost an MVP caliber player (well, maybe not that caliber when he was with Dallas).

    Also, the Mallofs gave Miller and Bibby big contracts when they were building a contender and needed to keep the team together. Now they don't have a contender. And are going nowhere.

    But thank you for helping me make my point-via the round and about Kstat way!


  23. #23
    Harmonica
    Guest

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brad Miller is not coming back....
    Everyone, listen to this guy.

  24. #24
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    what the heck, we are supposed to be trading Jackson and Tinsley. And I dont see neither of them so this does not make sense to me.

  25. #25
    Member denyfizle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nap Town
    Posts
    1,409
    Mood

    Default Re: This trade makes sense for both teams: Ind & Sac

    i take it back... i just read the Indy Star Artest article. Ron Artest tsk tsk. I am not a big Rick Carlisle fan either but Ron Artest. man!!! grow up and show some damn loyalty. if that article is true it's only 2 things. either Ron is really that stupid and naive. or he's just a freakin selfish nutcase after all. this is bull****. trade the ****er then. Im among the biggest Ron Artest supporters anywhere. ****, TRADE him now. just make sure it's a good deal or bury or send him to Canada to rot. Indiana fans don't deserve this crap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •