3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes
Incoming
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.0 apg in 35.7 minutes
Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: +3.6 ppg, +1.5 rpg, and +5.2 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
13.9 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.0 apg in 35.7 minutes
Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
Incoming
Jonathan Bender
7-0 SF from Picayune Memorial (HS)
5.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.5 minutes
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
Scot Pollard
6-11 C from Kansas
3.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.0 apg in 13.8 minutes
Change in team outlook: -3.6 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -5.2 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and Sacramento being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Sacramento had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Bird loves Stojakovic and likes Miller.

Sac gets home town favorite Pollard to finish his career, an All-Star in Artest, the contract of Bender that will help out the Luxury Tax should Bender retire (insurance pays the salary and not having that salary would help pay the tax Sac may be paying), and throw in a first to sweeten the deal. We'll get Ezram next year (like having a first round pick) and Bird can use his two seconds to get future talent in Europe/Asia and let them get better overseas until we need them on the roster.

I figure Miller would like to come back, I don't know about Pedja wanting to resign after this year (I think his contract has just this year on it and maybe next but nothing further), Bird gets another shooter, we get a starting center and lets JO go to his natural 4 position and we unload Bender's salary, unfortunately lose an expiring contract of Pollard's, and get rid of (I can't believe I'd ever be saying this) the headache that is Ron Artest. Besides, we would ship Artest to an even slower town than Indy so he's not going to NY to help Isiah and get exactly what he wants. Never give a spoiled brat what he wants. It's just principle.