Thread: Is there any way we can swing a deal with the Rockets to bring in T-Mac?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Is there any way we can swing a deal with the Rockets to bring in T-Mac?

JVG has said he would love to have Artest. He has also said some big changes are on the horizon in Houston. Word is only Yao is completely safe.

Can we make the pieces fit?

Sports Logo

Default Re: Is there any way we can swing a deal with the Rockets to bring in T-Mac?

Nope....we are dead in the water now.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is there any way we can swing a deal with the Rockets to bring in T-Mac?

You'd need to include pieces with Ron to make the salaries match. Austin or Tinsley would be gone as well.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I don't know that I would want TMac. His back really scares me. I wouldn't ***** to much though if that happened although I can't see us getting a superstar like TMac for Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'd need to include pieces with Ron to make the salaries match. Austin or Tinsley would be gone as well.
    Yeah it would have to like Tinsley, Artest. and something

Now i know some are scared of injuries and all.

I will say this.. I don't think Houston will part with him but if they do.

T-mac is by far my favorite non pacer, so I am biased.
    As much as I have a man crush for Artest T-mac would make it all better

Why Not Us ?

I think sending him to Portland *snicker* for Darius Miles is your most likely option after Peja.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    At this point, I'm willing to do that. Ron & Tins for T-Mac. Does it work?

Tins and ROn for TMac doesn't work, but Ron and Croshere does.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we trade Artest I don't tihnk it's a good idea to have someone that would start AND need the ball in their hands to be effective. It's clear that SJax can't stand playing third fiddle.

Just say no to TMac's Back.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Houston would possibly do it, I don't think they would, I'd take a bad back over a bad brain anyday. I wanted T-Mac before he was traded to Houston.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Naptown Seth

lol @ the people actually saying no to a guy as good as T-Mac. Wow.

Anyways.....just checked the RealGM trade checker, and found a nice deal that works financially...
    Artest, Tinsley, and Pollard to Houston for T-Mac.

Van Gundy gets a more complete, more defense-orientated team. Alston isnt working out, maybe Tinsley will. Yao can now take a bigger role in the offense.
    Jamaal Tinsley
    ???
    Ron Artest
    Stromile Swift
    Yao Ming

Pretty good team.

We upgrade our starting lineup and lose depth.
    Saras
    Jackson
    T-Mac
    J.O.
    Foster

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Is there any way we can swing a deal with the Rockets to bring in T-Mac?

No there isn't.

The only player that will bring in a Superstar is Jermaine O'Neal.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles

No there isn't.
    This is correct.

They'd release Van Gundy before they would even consider unloading T-Mac.

Naptown Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles

No there isn't.

The only player that will bring in a Superstar is Jermaine O'Neal.
    I don't know about that. How many superstar-4-superstar deals do you ever see? It's usually superstar for star + good role players. Which would be exactly what a T-Mac for Artest, Tinsley, Pollard deal would be.

Shaq was traded for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant. Where's the supserstar there?

T-Mac was traded for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley, and Kelvon Cato. Where's the supserstar there?

Charles Barkley was traded for Jeff Hornacek, Tim Perry, and Andrew Lang. Where's the supserstar there?

Dominique Wilkins and a 1st were traded for Danny Manning. Where's the supserstar there?

Alonzo Mourning and some scrubs were traded for Glen Rice, some scrubs, and a crappy 1st. Still not seeing the superstar.

Clyde Drexler was traded for Otis Thorpe.

There are many more deals like this dont feel like looking up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the Pacers can somehow end up trading for a BETTER player after this latest Artest incident, then the Simons' ought to put up a statue of Donnie Walsh outside of Conseco Fieldhouse instead of Reggie Miller.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Fixed
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "