Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Artest for Frye??

  1. #1

    Default Artest for Frye??

    Man this news sux but who on NY would you want? Frye is a stud and we need a center

    not that hed get traded where he wants to go after this.

  2. #2
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    NY= no attractive pieces

    Frye and Robinson are going nowhere... besides that I would want No one !

    Why Not Us ?


  3. #3
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,841

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    We dont need a center. We need what we got tonight. Cro, Foster and Jermaine getting boards.

    How about Rick for some other coach who will let this team run a little.

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,673

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    If NY offered Frye and an unprotected 1st rounder I'd seriously consider it if I were Donnie.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,343

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Ain't going to happen......
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Zeke has a Frye Boner. Not going to happen. He wouldn't throw Frye in with scrubs to get KG, he sure as hell won't do it to get Artest. You'll end up with Jamaal Crawford and a pick or some crap. Especially now that Artest is asking for a trade. Teams know you don't have much of a choice.

    One thing I can say though... Trade him out West... Please.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Slade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NY= no attractive pieces

    Frye and Robinson are going nowhere... besides that I would want No one !
    You said it best.

  8. #8
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,673

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zeke has a Frye Boner. Not going to happen.
    Zeke would have Frye wrapped in a big red bow if it meant getting Artest.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  9. #9
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,362
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Western Conference Ron is signed for 3 more years , unless he retires he has no leverage.

  10. #10
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,343

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zeke would have Frye wrapped in a big red bow if it meant getting Artest.
    Not with Artest demanding a trade PUBLICALLY.

    You should revise your post to say:

    Zeke would have Jerome James wrapped in a big red bow if it meant getting Artest.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zeke would have Frye wrapped in a big red bow if it meant getting Artest.
    He wouldn't throw in Frye with Antonio Davis and Penny to get Kevin friggin Garnett. And Kevin's trade value is MILES beyond Artest's considering all the crap he's put the Pacers through.

  12. #12
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    it's worse than you guys realize. I quote, "If I go to the West Coast, I would come back to New York after my contract is up," Artest said.

    In other words what west coast team would trade for him knowing that?

    I still think he got his feelings hurt when the home crowd booed him, so he's paying them back.

  13. #13
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    If we can't get equal value, I wonder if it would it be better just to kinda say "screw you" and put him on IR for the rest of the season?

    IndyToad
    Get your stomach stapled

  14. #14
    Member Jaydawg2270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zeke would have Frye wrapped in a big red bow if it meant getting Artest.
    I thought Zeke said he would never call the pacers for a trade

  15. #15
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,153

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Probably the best they could hope far would be a cast off from some team and an unprotected first rounder.



    owl

  16. #16

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Ron for Al?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Ron Artest for Terrell Owens... Get er done.

  18. #18
    Member Jaydawg2270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,487

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron Artest for Terrell Owens... Get er done.

    DO IT!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ron Artest for Terrell Owens... Get er done.
    How about this, cut Eddie Gill, sign TO and promote Ron to coach so he can call the plays. This way we Ron can stay and we would have the two biggest jackasses in pro sports today in Ron in TO.

  20. #20
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,950

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about this, cut Eddie Gill, sign TO and promote Ron to coach so he can call the plays. This way we Ron can stay and we would have the two biggest jackasses in pro sports today in Ron in TO.
    Hey, that might work. If nothing else, it'll solve our PG controversy once and for all. Starting at one guard, from Auburn, Jamison Brewer!!!!

    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  21. #21

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, that might work. If nothing else, it'll solve our PG controversy once and for all. Starting at one guard, from Auburn, Jamison Brewer!!!!

    lol, I knew I forgot something.

  22. #22
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I still think he got his feelings hurt when the home crowd booed him, so he's paying them back.
    You might be onto something.

    We all know Ron's not the most mature person in the world. Makes sense to me.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  23. #23

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Just because he asks to be traded doesn't mean we have to do it. If we can't get anything we can use, sit him until he snaps and then suspend him.

  24. #24
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,975

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can't get equal value, I wonder if it would it be better just to kinda say "screw you" and put him on IR for the rest of the season?

    IndyToad
    Get your stomach stapled
    If we can't get equal value, put him on IR for the rest of his contract.

  25. #25
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Artest for Frye??

    Frye and Marbury, for Artest, Tinsley, and Bender works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •