Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Oh crap!: Artest to pacers: Trade me

Default Re: Oh crap!: Artest to pacers: Trade me

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And then, of course, Ron goes on to make his comments about Rick. You can't gloss over that. It's over, man. Accept it.
    You must be referring to the comments where he says "Don't get it twisted. Rick's a good coach."

If it's over, it's over. I've said all along that I love the Pacers, not the individual players. I'm fine with trading anybody on the team if it makes us better. So as long as we're a better team on the other side, I'm fine with it. That said, it would have to be a good trade.

I just don't see the massive betrayal that a lot of folks seem to be seeing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    What I don't get is the twisted logic. "I want to be the star, get my shots and get a big contract" vs. "I am willing to come off the bench behind Lebron"

WTF? Seriously. Who is more insane, the crazy person or the sane person trying to make sense of the crazy person.
    EXACTLY! all these posts in this thread, where people are soooo angry at Ron. its like HELLLLLLO...its freakin' ronnie, and he's freakin crazy, WHAT DO YOU FREAKIN EXPECT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

So he misquoted Rick, that automatically means he made up all of Ron's quotes. No thank you. We'll see in time, but that is a reach.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Don't they have cell phones in Europe? I don't get why Larry needs to be here to make a trade.

Of course, if he wasn't here, it'd open up the door to all the "Donnie still does everything" talk, so maybe not.
    He needs a secure place to send and recieve faxes and/or emails. That tough to do across the pond.

And he needs to converse with legal AND the other high-ups constantly. that's damn near impossible when they're working while you're sleeping.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Ron should really hire some PR people he makes himself look like a joke in interviews

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    You must be referring to the comments where he says "Don't get it twisted. Rick's a good coach."

If it's over, it's over. I've said all along that I love the Pacers, not the individual players. I'm fine with trading anybody on the team if it makes us better. So as long as we're a better team on the other side, I'm fine with it. That said, it would have to be a good trade.

I just don't see the massive betrayal that a lot of folks seem to be seeing.
    He's compromised Donnie and Larry. You do understand that, right? Again, I'm not mad. Or surprised. I'm relieved. We can finally move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    So he misquoted Rick, that automatically means he made up all of Ron's quotes. No thank you. We'll see in time, but that is a reach.
    Conversely, it could be Lee who is wrong. Maybe he heard wrong, or maybe he's the "liar".

uhh xcuse me? where am I reaching ?

fact = fact, not reaching, I have pointed so much nonsense out in this guys' earlier articles, even the gamereport Friday morning, that it is pathetic, this closes the door for me on anything he writes, and conveniently Kravitz knew all this in time to write his article due for publication at the same time ......
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I wrote for our school paper in college. I know how to manufacture quotes. I'm not saying there's not a kernel of truth there. I'm just saying it looks like Mike Wells already knew what his article was going to say before he talked to anybody (including Ron).

Same thing with writing your average undergrad "research" paper. You figure out what you want to say, then cherry-pick your quotes accordingly.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

If we do trade for someone, it would be nice to bring in a player who is "emotionally secure"

Like Larry even knows how to work a blackberry.

Donnie handles all the legalese anyway.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    I get your second point, but you can access your email via a blackberry, no?
    It's bigger than that, can you read a pdf of a 148 page document on a blackberry?
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I think some people are forgetting that this is Ron, the guy who says the first thing that comes into his mind. So when he's told that Bird is looking to trade him for Peja, I'm sure that it really hurt him, especially because Bird is supposed to be his biggest fan. So he tries to hurt Bird back by say the stuff he says in the article. I'm with Anthem and Able on this, if Mike Wells misquotes Carlisle in this article, it's really hard for me to believe anything else that he says.

A couple of things are interesting:
    There are ALWAYS teams looking to take a chance on players like ron look at rodman JR rider ect.

ron makes very little so some teams WILL give up a good player making a bit over their value to give ron a chance

We have a nice mix of young talent and vets w/ bloated close to expiring contracts to make deals work.

We will get a very good player/s for ron either through a 2 or 3 team trade

a team like houston would kill to have ron. There are several teams that could get over the hump with a shut down defender like ron.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I agree.

I just want to enjoy watching the team play, I'm so tried of all the drama.

Somebody, anybody make it stop, my head is going to explode.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Harmonica

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    He needs a secure place to send and recieve faxes and/or emails. That tough to do across the pond.

And he needs to converse with legal AND the other high-ups constantly. that's damn near impossible when they're working while you're sleeping.
    Oh, I'm sure Donnie and Larry have already spoken, regardless of the time difference. And once they confer, Donnie can take the necessary next steps whether Larry is here or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica
    He's compromised Donnie and Larry. You do understand that, right?
    Not really, no. He could just as easily have started a bidding war.

Enjoy your time at PD!

It's bigger than that, can you read a pdf of a 148 page document on a blackberry?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    Did I say Donnie was a practicing attorney?

You are right he knows how to play the media to his advantage. What that means is that he will lie to them. We have seen him do it over and over again. You of all people say and have been saying this has been brewing how are we to believe him?
    For conspiracy theorists, Donnie and Artest could have been telling the truth. All Donnie said is that Artest never talked to HIM, and that HE'D never heard anything from ARTEST. That doesn't mean that Artest hasn't talked to Bird about it, Bird talked to Walsh, and they've been looking at trades, but haven't come up with anything fast enough for Artest.

Of course, he could be sidelined while they finalize a trade, too!

Quote Originally Posted by able
    yes

This is my business.

No, you really can't if the pdf was created on a copy machine or scanner. all a BB can do is translate text that was digital original form when the pdf was created. Lawyers and busness types work in paper and scan to pdf if they have to. BBs don't have the necessary resolution.

Gotta Play Big

Send him to NY. Another selfish SOB on their team.

Quote Originally Posted by SlamSally
    I think some people are forgetting that this is Ron, the guy who says the first thing that comes into his mind. So when he's told that Bird is looking to trade him for Peja, I'm sure that it really hurt him, especially because Bird is supposed to be his biggest fan. So he tries to hurt Bird back by say the stuff he says in the article. I'm with Anthem and Able on this, if Mike Wells misquotes Carlisle in this article, it's really hard for me to believe anything else that he says.
    I will say this...if this is a misquote on Ron's part, I swear to all that is holy that I will never believe another word written by RATS. I am so mad now that I want Ron to be traded. And that is a lot coming from someone that didn't want him to be traded for ANYTHING.

Gotta Play Big

I say we let him rot on the bench if we cannot get equal value in trade. Granger needs the minutes.

Wow, this thread has taken an odd turn - BlackBerries? Really? I guess we are in Frank Slade's denial period.

What do you think JO's response to these quotes will be? I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he takes his displeasure with Ron public. As much as we fans feel this is a slap in the face, imagine JO trying to assert himself as THE leader of the team only to have open mutiny.

This is my business.

No, you really can't if the pdf was created on a copy machine or scanner. all a BB can do is translate text that was digital original form when the pdf was created. Lawyers and busness types work in paper and scan to pdf if they have to. BBs don't have the necessary resolution.
    never knew you ran bb servers, but fine, I only run 3, so I have no clue.

Now I do have some clients who hardly do anything else with it, but their lawyers must use other means.

scanning to pdf - ocr scan printed to postscript = pdf.